Regarding server queues

StephenReid

The following is a brief statement from Jeff Hickman, Executive Producer, Live Services:

"We know there have been questions about the queues on the servers, so we wanted to take a moment to give you some insight.

In order to ensure that the service would be smooth and stable, we staged how we brought people into the Early Game Access program, adding people in waves. As you know, there are a lot of folks who want to play the game right now and we want to make sure they have lots of people to play with. Balancing this with figuring out when to bring new servers online to help alleviate the size of the queues is part art and part science. On one hand, you do not want people to wait too long – on the other hand, you want to make sure that people have a dynamic, engaging community to play with for long after launch. Either way, we have one clear objective – to make sure folks have fun.

While we can’t promise that there won’t ever be queues, we can promise you that we are taking this matter seriously and constantly reviewing them to make sure that they are manageable and reasonable."

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

thanks :) waiting sucks, I had to wait 2 hours now to get back on to the server just because of an internet disconnect :(

edit: wow it gets worse every day, now I can't even play anymore because my internet isn't that stable and before I get to the end of the queue I have an disconnect :mad:

just a small calculation: lets say we all wait 4 hours a day 10 post each page, 255 pages = 10200 hours wasted a day, lol we have to get that time payed by ea/bioware ^^

Edited by Diantir

While we can’t promise that there won’t ever be queues, we can promise you that we are taking this matter seriously and constantly reviewing them to make sure that they are manageable and reasonable."

What has been done since tuesday? Queues has only gotten bigger ^^. Sitting in the queue right now, still have 1k ahead of me!!

Quote for truth. Just give us the option to server transfer our whole guild, which you guys assigned to that freaking server.

I would have to agree if you wish us to transfer to the newer servers that get added then there needs to be a free transfer for the Guild and Members.

Yes thank you for this update.

But having to wait several hours, added with your nice little feature "Internal server error" that automatically disconnects you after being afk for too long (at least for as long as it takes to get something to eat ~ 10-20 mins) making you have to wait several hours AGAIN.

Had it not been for the fact that me and my guild was assigned to the red eclipse right from the start, maybe I had not bothered whining, but you sent us there on day 1, now we have characters getting close to 35, I mean, "don't hesitate to try to log onto another server" (or whatever tip someone staff posted somewhere else), that's an insult for crying out loud!

Edited by JSandgren

Thanks for the information and I hope you get this resolved as soon as possible.

I did not have a choice of what server to pick....our guild was assigned "The Fatman" and that is the server we had to log in to.

Why did you even do that? You should have let guild choose there own server.

@Tomb of Freedon Nadd

Joined queue at 15:15 CET

There is now 19:44 CET and there is 345 ppl before me.

Have mercy.

Something like that on Bloodworthy too. Joined 16:50 CET (queue of 1502), its now 19:50 CET and still 359 in queue infront of me.

Edited by Apoxie

i do understand what is been said. however......

We are all payed customers.. So i dont agree with waiting to be able to play. I created a character on a server.. Which is lvl 13 now.. Im not planning to make a new char on an other server just so i am able to play. Thats not how it should work.

I do understand that you want to regulate the population 24/7 but there must be some other way

Queues aren't the problem. The problem is the lack of grace period when getting disconnected. After waiting a few hours to connect, disconnecting after a few minutes and having to wait hours AGAIN is not a nice thing.

you dont mind waiting for hours while you have to pay every month?

Its Pay to Play.. Not Pay to Wait

I don't mind queues that are 5 mins or so. But on Mind Trick right now we are at 30+ mins and it isn't even peak.

My guild was auto created here and I've level 24. I'm not uprooting all my guildmates and starting over so that isn't an option to go elsewhere.

The queues should not be this long.

when i first got into early access i was getting queue's of about 300 (which i was fine with) but now they have elevated to 1200 on the red eclipse server!, i know your trying to fix this but the only time i can actually get on the game is 7 in the morning (UK time)... in no way am i losing interest in the game but its a real pain knowing you have to wait 1-3 hours to play :(

On one hand, you do not want people to wait too long –..

Sorry to interrupt you .. but I played EQ1, EVE, WoW and Rift and "waiting for 5 Minutes" is already too long a wait for me. So please don't tell me whats a long wait. I have never ever seen any queues aside from the most frequented WoW Servers.

I can accept 10 min queue, 20 min, 30 min hey, up to 1 hour maybe 1,5 but 2 and above is just wack! Ppl found ways to exploit the game so they stay online but they are not playing, running in to corners with numlock etc. Ive have been in queue since 15.00 today, I am still in queue, but got dc round 18.00 and now Im place 1600+ with an estimated wait time of 2h 10 mins. To add the same time was at 15.00 today 2 hours and 10 mins. 15 - 18 is 3 hours and when I dc:ed I was place 426 in queue. Now I have to wait atleast 2 hours more to play, and to add this up I have a total of 16 hours in queue, and 10 hours of playtime. My whole guild is on ToFN, so either you transfer us for free, clone the server like other mmos have done when servers got too highly populated, increase the cap on the server with maybe 1000-2000 ppl, Which Im pretty sure the server is stable enough to do. Or just restart it, to get rid of the afkers. Because thats really the issue. When I was playing last night after 5 hour in queue, I saw people running in walls everywhere. Im not the ****** to do that myself otherwise I wouldn't be sitting in queue, I want to give people the chance to play the game. But as with Aion , when you could put up a table to sell stuff(Like a store) When people realized that you didn't go afk and dc when you did that, people sat everywhere. Aions solution? Restart the servers. Later on they added afkchecks on the tables.

Please do something, if not clone the server or transfer the guild. Do a quick restart or increase the cap, so atleast some of us in Europe can enjoy the game this weekend

/Gammelen @ Aes Sidhe Tomb of Freedon Nadd

when i first got into early access i was getting queue's of about 300 (which i was fine with) but now they have elevated to 1200 on the red eclipse server!, i know your trying to fix this but the only time i can actually get on the game is 7 in the morning (UK time)... in no way am i losing interest in the game but its a real pain knowing you have to wait 1-3 hours to play :(

you need someone at home to start up your computer and game 2 hours before you get home and make sure the ppl home keep you char moving.. so you can play right when you get home :p

The following is a brief statement from Jeff Hickman, Executive Producer, Live Services:

"We know there have been questions about the queues on the servers, so we wanted to take a moment to give you some insight.

In order to ensure that the service would be smooth and stable, we staged how we brought people into the Early Game Access program, adding people in waves. As you know, there are a lot of folks who want to play the game right now and we want to make sure they have lots of people to play with. Balancing this with figuring out when to bring new servers online to help alleviate the size of the queues is part art and part science. On one hand, you do not want people to wait too long – on the other hand, you want to make sure that people have a dynamic, engaging community to play with for long after launch. Either way, we have one clear objective – to make sure folks have fun.

im having awesome fun right now being in queue for 3 hours , so much fun indeed.

well while cap servers

enjoy the thousands of players that have cancelled thier pre-orders or just quit completely

i guess you dont like money