Why i Feel Like I Have Been Used

Nebrialas

Every time there is a major change in the game it seems like i only lose things . I'm not the only one either .

items armor and other things get removed or phased out on mass and the player isnt reimbursed for it . and most times its so many things its impossible to keep track .

i had multiple storage bays on one of my characters the other bays and everything in it = gone

i had multiple mail messages with items in them = gone

i had perks almost all of them i worked hard to afford them and the prices on them arent cheap at the high end = gone

my crew skills have been reset and lowered.

companions i once had i cant use anymore reminded of it every time i go to my base and see the holos like *** really .

some of my characters have noticibly less progression as well .

to top it all off i have been playing since it was possible to replay the older chapters via the chapter select menu going back to start my whole jorney again was always a great thing becuse i could fall in love with it all over again = gone

then theres the costume issue with the cartel market removing outfits . it doesnt create the fear of missing out like they think it only makes people feel like spending money isnt really worth it because the stock will cycle and it wont matter . the items get market place expensive to the point only ppl doing the cash exploites left over can afford them .

so theres no reason to try especially ince its timed on the market .

to add insult to injury the devs say they listen but pull the same crap wow did and dont really pay attention its a 9-5 to them get in punch a card paid in 2 weeks no care .

Meanwhile the player base is like why cant we pick the subclass then have both skill trees to choose skills from at the same time instead of swapping class with no overlap its literally not what we asked for for years waring the mask of what er asked for for years.

their ate thousands of posts like this one and i dont expect them to give a damn its clear enough they dont .

its depressing and signals the game is going to end soon.

i had multiple storage bays on one of my characters the other bays and everything in it = gone

i had multiple mail messages with items in them = gone

i had perks almost all of them i worked hard to afford them and the prices on them arent cheap at the high end = gone

my crew skills have been reset and lowered.

I'd really like a bit more information on these. You lost cargo bays full of items? What items exactly? What perks did you lose? And, crew skills don't get reset or lowered in updates.

its depressing and signals the game is going to end soon.

The game is not going anywhere. These kinds of things happen in every MMO ever, its part of playing an MMORPG. Also, the fundamental problem is that Bioware Austin has horrible managment who cant allocate resources properly to develop all of their projects, so when new Dragon Age stuff is being worked on SWTOR suffers, the same thing happened when DAI was being developed. It's a shame really, BWA just needs some good project managers who actually know what they are doing. Square can do it. Why cant Bioware?

I'd really like a bit more information on these. You lost cargo bays full of items? What items exactly? What perks did you lose? And, crew skills don't get reset or lowered in updates.

1st i highly and i mean highly doubt anyone walks around with a list if every item in their storage so as i said in the post no its impossible to know every lost item however i can narrow it to this = i crafted quite a bit as such i had waiting schematics and materials collected to be used i purposly separated them because it made it easier to find given that i have more then 23 characters accross 3 servers.

2nd perks as in legacy unlocks i had nearly all of them and loged on to find i had none of them not missing 1 not missing 2 none.

And yes i have a brother but he doesnt play this he plays sports games if you must know but i have 0 understanding why that even matteres or was a statement/question.

Also i have to wounder why people find it so attractive to be snithe on a post about basic issues if being someone not willing to find answers to a situation or at least be constructive about it is the goal then create a fight post or a roast post or something to congregate and be toxic among yourselves i mean people will walk in knowing what they are getting into .

why go to someone having a real conversational issue and paint a target . is being a horrible human being that important.

1st i highly and i mean highly doubt anyone walks around with a list if every item in their storage so as i said in the post no its impossible to know every lost item however i can narrow it to this = i crafted quite a bit as such i had waiting schematics and materials collected to be used i purposly separated them because it made it easier to find given that i have more then 23 characters accross 3 servers.

2nd perks as in legacy unlocks i had nearly all of them and loged on to find i had none of them not missing 1 not missing 2 none.

Legacies are server wide only. My first reaction is to have you double-check you are on the correct server that had what you say you are missing. The reason for this is because you said perks are missing.

Legacies are server wide only. My first reaction is to have you double-check you are on the correct server that had what you say you are missing. The reason for this is because you said perks are missing.

Whats your point? i have 19 on one 4 on another and 1 new one i only do pvp things on on a euro server . the pvp character has little saves near nothing the others are two legacies that each have their own set of stuff so what exactly is your point they both had the same issues . i would report it as a bug if it was 1 legacy rather then make it a post ..... what happened to common sense . when someone puts a post with tons of details you only get ppl complaining their post is so long then if you put up something expecting ppl that actually play to use common sense to figure it out you get ppl with odd questions that mean literally nothing. come on it it was only 1 legacy 1 or 2 characters i would have reported it and waited not made a big post about it . this is more an issue of it was so much i wouldnt have been able to get it all back even if i tried because i wouldnt even remember every last item .i dont walk around with a printed crafting list and inventory list nobody does and that is what ppl act like i need to have .

Edited by Nebrialas

And yes i have a brother but he doesnt play this he plays sports games if you must know but i have 0 understanding why that even matteres or was a statement/question.

It's a classic trope, the younger brother or drunken roommate who logs on to your account somehow and deletes characters or their stuff.

It's a classic trope, the younger brother or drunken roommate who logs on to your account somehow and deletes characters or their stuff.

thanks for clearing that up i had no idea about the trope im not much of a social media kind of girl i just have my few mmo's this formaly wow ffxiv and mhw and my few single player games other then that i mostly use the pc as a cable/streaming for movies thing.

as for the get good thing when i play with ppl not gather craft sell i mainly run healer as sorcerer so if you needed one and i was on i wouldnt mind helping but im not a constant runner in that reguard so i dont know if that is something that applies or is part of the trope either way ty for clearing that up:)

I hope you don't mean the CHARACTER perks? Because that would be embarrassing. If you want global unlocks, go to global unlocks, unlock it and you have it on all your characters.

Two of the crafting issues you report sound familiar to me:

1) There was a bug when 6.0 came out where players were able to learn 700 crafting for free instead of having to pay for it (original price was 1 million credits). When Bioware eventually fixed this, anyone that had raised the skill for free got put back down to 600 and lost that progress until they paid for 700. The side effect was they had to raise their skill to 700 again and relearn their schematics. This is the only thing I can think of that could lead to your crafting being lowered. If you were playing when this bug was going on, you could have gained 700 for free and made progress. Later you returned and lost that progress because of the bugfix.

2) In 6.0, they added the Materials Storage, so crafting materials no longer need to be in character inventory, cargo storage, or legacy bank. It is now in Materials Storage and shared by all characters on the same server. I think when this update came out as a quality of life feature, they automatically moved crafting items from inventory, cargo storage, and legacy bank and put them in Materials Storage. So your empty tabs might just be that they moved your crafting materials to the Materials Storage. It might be good to check what you have in your Materials Storage. You can view it from a little button in the top left area of your inventory.

As for some of the other things you mention:

Mail disappearing - Most times mail only stays in the box for 30 days after you open them. In other words, if you read through some message but didn't delete them, 30 days later those messages are gone. That's been in the game since launched. You probably didn't notice because you didn't take a long break before.

Replaying chapters - You can still do this from the top menu. One of the drop downs has Chapters. You can only replay Fallen Empire and Eternal Throne. You've never been able to repeat other expansions, just those two.

Companions losing progress - Depending on when you played, they may have added the new 4.0 influence system. Before 4.0, companions only went up to 10,000 Influence. After 4.0, they can go up to 100,000. If your companions were maxed on a character from before 4.0 (10,000 out of 10,000), it will now show them at 10,000 out of 100,000 Influence or only 20% of the way to the new cap. In other words, it would look like you lost progress even though you didn't. Your companions still have the 10,000 you earned from before, they just added 5x more Influence to the cap.

Edited by ThanderSnB

2) In 6.0, they added the Materials Storage, so crafting materials no longer need to be in character inventory, cargo storage, or legacy bank. It is now in Materials Storage and shared by all characters on the same server. I think when this update came out as a quality of life feature, they automatically moved crafting items from inventory, cargo storage, and legacy bank and put them in Materials Storage. So your empty tabs might just be that they moved your crafting materials to the Materials Storage. It might be good to check what you have in your Materials Storage. You can view it from a little button in the top left area of your inventory.

Actually, no. When the materials storage first came out, there wasn't an automatic move from storage. (I don't remember about inventory, but since it was a single click to move them, it didn't really matter.) I had to track down all my storage pages and move the stuff myself.

Mail disappearing - Most times mail only stays in the box for 30 days after you open them. In other words, if you read through some message but didn't delete them, 30 days later those messages are gone. That's been in the game since launched. You probably didn't notice because you didn't take a long break before.

No, it wasn't in the game from launch. (Or maybe it was, but got changed to be "keep always" and then back to "30 days".) I remember having a bunch of old companion love letters from years previously that suddenly disappeared, and it's based on when the mail was sent, not when you read it.

Replaying chapters - You can still do this from the top menu. One of the drop downs has Chapters. You can only replay Fallen Empire and Eternal Throne. You've never been able to repeat other expansions, just those two.

Correct.

thanks for clearing that up i had no idea about the trope im not much of a social media kind of girl i just have my few mmo's this formaly wow ffxiv and mhw and my few single player games other then that i mostly use the pc as a cable/streaming for movies thing.

as for the get good thing when i play with ppl not gather craft sell i mainly run healer as sorcerer so if you needed one and i was on i wouldnt mind helping but im not a constant runner in that reguard so i dont know if that is something that applies or is part of the trope either way ty for clearing that up:)

I have seen things disappear from Legacy Bank. The best example I can think of right now, (no breakfast or coffee yet), is the first moddable weapon you get with every new toon, somewhere near the very end of your time on starting planet. With Jedi it's a lightsabre you make at the Forge. With Smuggler, it's Flashy, a moddable blaster pistol gifted to you by Corso Riggs. I always put those in Legacy bank and they regularly disappear at patch time.

In any case, you have my very sincere sympathy. It sucks hard to be ripped off like that and left with no recourse.

Whats your point? i have 19 on one 4 on another and 1 new one i only do pvp things on on a euro server . the pvp character has little saves near nothing the others are two legacies that each have their own set of stuff so what exactly is your point they both had the same issues . i would report it as a bug if it was 1 legacy rather then make it a post ..... what happened to common sense . when someone puts a post with tons of details you only get ppl complaining their post is so long then if you put up something expecting ppl that actually play to use common sense to figure it out you get ppl with odd questions that mean literally nothing. come on it it was only 1 legacy 1 or 2 characters i would have reported it and waited not made a big post about it . this is more an issue of it was so much i wouldnt have been able to get it all back even if i tried because i wouldnt even remember every last item .i dont walk around with a printed crafting list and inventory list nobody does and that is what ppl act like i need to have .

My point was simple. Check the most logical explanation first. If you logged into Satele Shan thinking you logged into Star Forge, your legacy bank wouldn't have what you thought it had in it and your character perks wouldn't be what you thought it would be. It's a simple mistake somebody could make. Of course, when reading replies trying to help, you can choose to get indignant and snippy instead of being appreciative that someone took the time to respond. Good luck with your thread.

Actually, no. When the materials storage first came out, there wasn't an automatic move from storage. (I don't remember about inventory, but since it was a single click to move them, it didn't really matter.) I had to track down all my storage pages and move the stuff myself.

My memory must be faulty on that one, but another thing that seemingly disappeared was most of the event token things that they turned into currencies. I remember having half of a tab filled with the Gree things, Bounty Broker contracts, and more for the other events. After the update, many of them appeared to disappear until I checked my currency. I know there were some bugs with this (some of them didn't automatically convert), but the ones that worked did disappear from my legacy bank without having to do anything manually.

My memory must be faulty on that one, but another thing that seemingly disappeared was most of the event token things that they turned into currencies. I remember having half of a tab filled with the Gree things, Bounty Broker contracts, and more for the other events. After the update, many of them appeared to disappear until I checked my currency. I know there were some bugs with this (some of them didn't automatically convert), but the ones that worked did disappear from my legacy bank without having to do anything manually.

Agreed. I saw the same things, both the disappearance of some and the non-disappearance of others.

I remember your version--the mats were in there without needing to be moved. It's possible that this was the intended change but it was bugged for some players--iirc this also happened with the godawful UI bulletin list: some players were able to minimize it and some weren't.

OP's post is dramatic but I can see it being very hard to be a returning player coming back and your stuff is all gone. Unfortunately, I don't see a way around that other than making sure it's in the patchnotes, and even then, a player gone for years is unlikely to read through pages and pages of patchnotes just to find out that something is not there. But the devs have always made a lot of stealth changes that don't get on the patchnotes but tend to be pretty important, like moving items around.

No, it wasn't in the game from launch. (Or maybe it was, but got changed to be "keep always" and then back to "30 days".) I remember having a bunch of old companion love letters from years previously that suddenly disappeared, and it's based on when the mail was sent, not when you read it.

Correct.

the base game is not an expansion that was the 1st advent of the chapter option and yes it was in the game since launch under legacy . after fallen empire released a few weeks later the older chapters were removed and only the expansion was present .

the base game is not an expansion that was the 1st advent of the chapter option and yes it was in the game since launch under legacy . after fallen empire released a few weeks later the older chapters were removed and only the expansion was present .

They called the major parts of the class story chapters, but they were never able to be replayed on the same character after that character finished them. You always had to make a new character if you wanted to do those stories again.

the base game is not an expansion

Well, I'd never have guessed that, not in a million years. Thanks for clearing that up. (I initially wrote just "Duh" but decided that wasn't sufficiently sarcastic.)

that was the 1st advent of the chapter option and yes it was in the game since launch under legacy .

No, because the legacy system was added in patch 1.2, not at launch.

after fallen empire released a few weeks later the older chapters were removed and only the expansion was present .

No. I have played since a few weeks before 2.0 dropped, and the chapter menu (the one that lets you replay chapters) was added with 4.0, and contained *only* KotFE chapters. When 5.0 added KotET, they added the KotET chapters to the chapter menu.

The only replayable *chapters* are the ones in KotFE and KotET, so there can be no others in the chapter menu.

The stuff in the legacy panel is just achievements that show that you have completed the original-game (and other) chapters.

No chapters were removed. Base game class story chapers are still in the game, they just are not repeatable on same character.

Once you start Kotfe or Kotet storyline it locks you out of your class story and sor as well I think. So you wont be able to finish your vanilla class story, if you hadn't done so before you started Kotfe/Kotet.

So it's possible that happened to you.

But you get like 3 pop ups that warn you about it.

No idea about your missing stuff. Genreally if you don't log in, things like gtn mail should still be there.

Otherwise it get's deleted after about 30 days or so.

Hard to say what happened to the stuff in your cargo bay, specially since you don't know what was actually in it.

Some items like renown boosts were converted to credits in 7.0, cause they removed them from game entirely. Think some tacticals also got removed. Might not be a bad idea to check patchnotes for major updates btw.

Migth avoid some confusion that way.

Or like some ppl suggested you actually did get hacked.

I remember your version--the mats were in there without needing to be moved. It's possible that this was the intended change but it was bugged for some players--iirc this also happened with the godawful UI bulletin list: some players were able to minimize it and some weren't.

If I recall, low level mats were automatically moved to material storage, but not high-level mats. Sort of based around the setting of the 'move materials' button. 🤔

They called the major parts of the class story chapters, but they were never able to be replayed on the same character after that character finished them. You always had to make a new character if you wanted to do those stories again.

its times like this i wish i had a screen shot of the chapter select screen before the change .

it did . just because you hadnt seen it doesnt mean it never did . because it did . i used it myself and loved the feature dearly being an easy way to get over 40 before ever getting to dramond kass over having to low level grind on korroban and the same for the opposite faction.

i'll put it this way - when i started playing wow it was wrath of the litch king and there were a multitude of things that once were that were no more before i started playing - it is varifylbly false for me to say never in regards to features i dont see now that were once available .