Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

When is the Digital Collectors edition going to be purchasable

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion > Suggestion Box
When is the Digital Collectors edition going to be purchasable

Robinofdeed
04.20.2021 , 10:37 AM | #1
Hey everyone,

So.. Its been quite some time since the launch of the game and I was wondering if there is any thoughts about making the collectors edition a purchasable pack for the game.

The only reason I am asking this is due to the fact that games like Final Fantasy 14 and World of Warcraft have made their previous collectors editions purchasable.

All I am saying its a quick way for you guys to make twentyish pounds and for me to get that sweet looking Imperial Guardsman armor that I have been wanting since this game launched.

A win, win.

ceryxp
04.20.2021 , 10:59 AM | #2
The physical Collector's Edition Included seven additional digital Items:
  • Flare Gun: Fire flares into the air
  • Training Droid: Hovers at your side for combat assistance
  • HoloDancer: Project your own holographic dancer
  • HoloCam: Keep visual records of in-game adventures
  • STAP: Sleek and unique in-game vehicle
  • Exclusive Mouse Droid: Spunky Droid to join your adventures
  • Exclusive Collector's Edition Store: Unique in-game vendor with an assortment of items

The Digital Upgrade Pack that is sold through the webstore for $4.99 USD includes:
  • Flare Gun: Fire flares into the air
  • Training Droid: Hovers at your side for combat assistance
  • HoloDancer: Project your own holographic dancer
  • HoloCam: Keep visual records of in-game adventures
  • STAP: Sleek and unique in-game vehicle

The only digital items that are, so far, exclusive to the physical Collector's Edition are the Mouse Droid and access to the Collector's Edition vendor in-game.

The majority of the Collector's Edition digital items can already be purchased with the Digital Upgrade Pack. The one thing that is missing that many people seem to want access to is the Collector's Edition vendor. They could certainly sell a separate unlock that grants access to the Collector's Edition vendor, but insofar as the digital items that were included with the Collector's Edition most of them are already available for separate purchase.
~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~
The Jedi way is to serve.

Robinofdeed
04.20.2021 , 01:12 PM | #3
I have the digital upgrade, what I want and the majority of the community wants is access to the collectors edition vendor and I am more then willing to pay for access.

FlameYOL
04.21.2021 , 12:59 PM | #4
Unlikely to ever happen, though there has been requests for it in the past.
A man can have anything...If he's willing to sacrifice everything

xordevoreaux
04.22.2021 , 07:13 AM | #5
Now wouldn't that be something if they dropped the DC edition for fully completing the entire 5-month galactic season...
Play the Electronic Arts game Sims4 much? Need a new schmazzy fireplace retexture or really classy piano update?
Check out my Sims4 mods on Nexus.

SteveTheCynic
04.22.2021 , 11:45 AM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by xordevoreaux View Post
Now wouldn't that be something if they dropped the DC edition for fully completing the entire 5-month galactic season...
It would be *something*, but I woudln't regard it as something *good*.

Let's just say that I didn't spend my minor lottery win money (no, just five thousand euros that bought a PC and some other stuff, and then on top of that a CE box, won in a *side* draw for people buying their tix on-line) on a CE box to get the Malgus statue and the Gnost-Dural book.
Not really what you think.
To go to Belsavis, you must go to Belsavis.
?REDO FROM START
Latest patch notes at http://www.swtor.com/patchnotes

JattaGin
04.22.2021 , 01:45 PM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by Robinofdeed View Post
I have the digital upgrade, what I want and the majority of the community wants is access to the collectors edition vendor and I am more then willing to pay for access.
I would assume that the majority of the community these days doesn't even know about the CE vendor.

Do you have the Volatile Shock Trooper armor set at least? Its colours aren't as nice and it's missing the logo on the helmet, but overall it's the same design. Maybe it could be tweaked with a red dye?