Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

EQN dead, Wildstar dying...swtor?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion > Off-Topic
EQN dead, Wildstar dying...swtor?

Tsillah's Avatar


Tsillah
03.13.2016 , 04:47 PM | #131
Quote: Originally Posted by commanderwar View Post
No one knows how long this game is going to last but EA announced that swtor has reach the highest subribers they ever had so they are in a good route, it's still has a long way to go
That announcement was about sub numbers before KotFE came out. It was encouraging news but I wouldn't use that old news as current information on the state of the game if I were you.
Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect

commanderwar's Avatar


commanderwar
03.13.2016 , 05:07 PM | #132
Quote: Originally Posted by Tsillah View Post
That announcement was about sub numbers before KotFE came out. It was encouraging news but I wouldn't use that old news as current information on the state of the game if I were you.
I thought the sub numbers were about after KOTFE because the announcement was made Jan 29 2016. however the next quarter is coming end of march we will have to see the number then.

MeNaCe-NZ's Avatar


MeNaCe-NZ
03.13.2016 , 05:30 PM | #133
Quote: Originally Posted by commanderwar View Post
I thought the sub numbers were about after KOTFE because the announcement was made Jan 29 2016. however the next quarter is coming end of march we will have to see the number then.
Yes it was Oct-Dec 2015 period and the way the statement was worded was a tad ambiguous to begin with I found.
Also the lack of any mention of revenue was ... let's just say odd.

Even this next quarter won't be a true indication I feel because it's really only been this month that people have got a true feel for what this episodic content is going to be like and if they feel this game is still value for their money taking this direction. Thus Jan-Feb could still skew that somewhat.

Apr-Jun ... that is the key indicator imo but there could be more announced during that time to bounce things back ... hopefully at least.

CKNORTH's Avatar


CKNORTH
03.13.2016 , 05:32 PM | #134
Everyone seems to be worried about "if" the game will end and numbers...

As my smuggler always says... "What's the big deal?" Just play the game and enjoy it now, seriously, it's playable, fleet and planets have "people" scurrying about, Their are MMO's where you never see "Anyone" how do those MMO's survive? Perhaps because a handful of people still play them?
Pre-Order Knight of the Republic
Its a Good Day for the Referral Rewards to Die! lol

MDChen's Avatar


MDChen
03.13.2016 , 05:35 PM | #135
Quote: Originally Posted by tattoohero View Post
Gen-Xers are starting to hit their 50s not 40s. Gen X is from the mid 1960's to early 1980s. Gaming is changing because of the Gen-Y(Millennials) want things handed to them because of the trophy mentality they were raised with. Everyone must get something for even signing up.

15 years ago there were a handful of MMO, today there are dozens of them. There's more choice now than before.
I am the supposed Gen X that grown up playing Nintendo and is now in my 40s. But I actually prefer a more casual play style these days as compare to my younger days.

This is because beside gaming I actually have a life and family to pay more attention to than to spend countless hours into more hardcore gaming. So I actually prefer games that are more casual and can play at my own time and own leisure, most importantly does not require too much time sink to progress or achieve something.

My mindset now is completely different from when I started playing MMO in UO and EQ, I was actually very hardcore in those days and can invest many hours into a game, the more time consuming and difficult the game can offer the more enjoyment and satisfactory I could get out of them. In the past I play for the challenge, now I play for relaxation and entertainment.

Thus it may not be just because of Gen-Y wanting thing easy or handed to them on a silver platter, the playstyle and preference of gamers may change with their ages too. I believe there is some truth that gamer from my generation may be burning out from the more stressful gaming style in our younger past and now may prefer something that is more relaxing and non-time consuming to play so that our hobby won't eat too much into our RL activities.

CKNORTH's Avatar


CKNORTH
03.13.2016 , 06:04 PM | #136
Quote: Originally Posted by MDChen View Post
I am the supposed Gen X that grown up playing Nintendo and is now in my 40s. But I actually prefer a more casual play style these days as compare to my younger days.

This is because beside gaming I actually have a life and family to pay more attention to than to spend countless hours into more hardcore gaming. So I actually prefer games that are more casual and can play at my own time and own leisure, most importantly does not require too much time sink to progress or achieve something.

My mindset now is completely different from when I started playing MMO in UO and EQ, I was actually very hardcore in those days and can invest many hours into a game, the more time consuming and difficult the game can offer the more enjoyment and satisfactory I could get out of them. In the past I play for the challenge, now I play for relaxation and entertainment.

Thus it may not be just because of Gen-Y wanting thing easy or handed to them on a silver platter, the playstyle and preference of gamers may change with their ages too. I believe there is some truth that gamer from my generation may be burning out from the more stressful gaming style in our younger past and now may prefer something that is more relaxing and non-time consuming to play so that our hobby won't eat too much into our RL activities.
Very well said!
Pre-Order Knight of the Republic
Its a Good Day for the Referral Rewards to Die! lol

DarthDymond's Avatar


DarthDymond
03.13.2016 , 06:17 PM | #137
Heaven forbid a video game should be designed so that you can enjoy it without having to invest as much time into it as a second career.
One can only match, move by move, the machinations of fate, and thus defy the tyrannous stars. ~Kain

Refer A Friend Link: http://www.swtor.com/r/2gNj3d to get the free stuff detailed here

lightSaberAddiCt's Avatar


lightSaberAddiCt
03.13.2016 , 06:25 PM | #138
Quote: Originally Posted by DarthDymond View Post
Heaven forbid a video game should be designed so that you can enjoy it without having to invest as much time into it as a second career.
Just curious, but when was this game EVER like that??

This game was about as casual as could be even from day one. Now if your talking about TSW, NWO etc, then yeah they are a little more hardcore as in regards to time, but swtor, not even close.
Just Click It for Free Stuff I need the CC
http://www.swtor.com/r/Hj4n32

Zhedzaban's Avatar


Zhedzaban
03.13.2016 , 06:32 PM | #139
Quote: Originally Posted by knowmyname View Post
SWTOR is ending next summer. Learn a lot drinking with devs.
There's a new title coming that will be announced later this summer.
umm yeah logical they would close a game down that makes money just so they can announce a new title coming on the horizon.
RIP APAC players, RIP West Coast Players, RIP anyone not living on the East Coast

The United Forces merger disaster, 2017

MotorCityMan's Avatar


MotorCityMan
03.13.2016 , 07:18 PM | #140
Blizzard cancelled their so called "Titan" project a year or so ago. It was to be their new, next gen premier MMO title. After 5 years of development and 10s of millions of dollars they just shut it down. One of the reasons they referenced is that the number of players that play mmos has declined over the last few years, and is projected to keep declining. People are so busy, and there are so many different game platforms now, that keeping a AAA title mmo afloat is a tall order.