Spirit of vengeance solo mode

MerlockVonBaron

If you're going to post again and again in these threads, you might want to get your facts straight first.

It actually has been fixed. They changed your companion's influence to 25 and the flashpoint was made easier (just go read the patch notes.

If you want to complain, you have to stop making up facts and be more specific - if it's the last fight that is a problem, you need to say so, it will be more likely to get attention than just saying that the whole flashpoint is still too hard.

Its not a minority its the majority. The vocal minority are the people in this forum claiming a flashpoint the player base says is too difficult isn't.

And no it hasn't been fixed. If it was fixed I would have completed and not had to ask for it to be fixed.

It arrogance to claim that becasue YOU can complete the flashpoint that it must be fixed.

It the same arrogance that has people in PVP complaining about how people who don't normally do PVP are showing up because of Galatic Seasons. The tiny vocal mintory are you elitests.

Edited by RameiArashi

• Replies 217
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Its not a minority its the majority. The vocal minority are the people in this forum claiming a flashpoint the player base says is too difficult isn't.

Both sides are a minority, because inevitably "forum poster" is a minority.

And no it hasn't been fixed. If it was fixed I would have completed and not had to ask for it to be fixed.

It arrogance to claim that becasue YOU can complete the flashpoint that it must be fixed.

Someone posted videos of, apparently(1), an Operative completing it naked with a mod-less mainhand weapon. I think that says it doesn't need to be fixed.

It the same arrogance that has people in PVP complaining about how people who don't normally do PVP are showing up because of Galatic Seasons. The tiny vocal mintory are you elitests.

That could be arrogance, but equally, "I can't finish it, therefore it must be broken and needs to be fixed" is just as arrogant, as if you are the definitive measure of what game content should be.

I mean, really, I *suck*(2), and I can finish it.

And I'm still looking for some of the "it's too hard" crowd to describe what *they* did wrong. Not "this is wrong with the FP", but showing some humility, and saying "I did this thing wrong". Example, taken from what I, me, myself, did: "My character died in the big room after the kitchen because I pushed her too far forward, too fast, and aggroed too many mobs."(3)

(1) I haven't had the chance yet to watch the videos.

(2) Well, I think so, anyway, but I might be wrong, I guess.

(3) If you look at my posts on SoV threads, you'll see that I've mentioned that failure multiple times.

Someone posted videos of, apparently(1), an Operative completing it naked with a mod-less mainhand weapon. I think that says it doesn't need to be fixed.

That could be arrogance, but equally, "I can't finish it, therefore it must be broken and needs to be fixed" is just as arrogant, as if you are the definitive measure of what game content should be.

I mean, really, I *suck*(2), and I can finish it.

No. It means that one person was able to accomplish it under those conditions. It does not mean anyone attempting the flashpoint can do that. It should not be difficult to understand that game players have many different skill levels. Sometimes even the best efforts will not change that. Just because someone else can do something doesn't mean everyone else can do it too. I could swim for eight hours a day; I guarantee I'm never going to swim like Michael Phelps.

If someone has reached Spirit of Vengeance, they've made it through the fight at the end of Echoes of Oblivion and a lot of other content, so they are not a novice player. They clearly know something about how to get through the game. And yet many complain about this flashpoint, more than any other before or after. If it's not an issue for you, great, but you're not everyone, and some clearly find this difficult. The number of complaints over months should say something.

Add the god bot. If you don't need it, don't use it. It shouldn't matter to you if someone else uses it in their own game

Edited by IoNonSoEVero

Infiltration is Shadow rather than Assassin (Deception!), but I found that it just worked.(1) It's what I ran first, during the week it launched. The only place she died, and only once, was the big room after the kitchen, where I advanced too fast and aggroed too many groups of mobs.

(1) With Australia<=>EastUSA ping, I can imagine that the long server ping times would cause problems. My ping is NorthFance<=>Ireland, i.e. mid 20s, so there's no desync problems like that.

Yup, I use "squishy"., no offence taken or intended. Lightning Sorc and the pure healers I was thinking of. Will look into this, thanks for taking the time to post such a comprehensive response.

I have done this flashpoint several times in the last week as I was finishing up story on toons started from the last double XP, zero issues with the flashpoint. Died once but it was my fault pulled to many mobs because I was a little to overconfident. In my opinion it feels like it is tuned about right.

If someone has reached Spirit of Vengeance, they've made it through the fight at the end of Echoes of Oblivion and a lot of other content, so they are not a novice player. They clearly know something about how to get through the game.

Are you seriously bragging about clearing a fight where you literally cannot die as you are healed up every time your health drops too low?

Newer flashpoints are so easy they are soloable in MM and easily doable naked with a level 1 companion in SM.

And some people keep complaining that it's still too hard. Apparently any content where it is possible to die is too hard.

Edited by Schoock

Yup, I use "squishy"., no offence taken or intended. Lightning Sorc and the pure healers I was thinking of. Will look into this, thanks for taking the time to post such a comprehensive response.

Thanks guys, turns out the gratuitous application of blinding violence was the thing.

Learnt a lot about my build(s), much appreciated.

Edited by Ja-elk

Thanks guys, turns out the gratuitous application of blinding violence was the thing.

Learnt a lot about my build(s), much appreciated.

Glad to help. Just remember the Sith code and you’ll do do fine applying blinding violence to the enemy.

Peace is a lie, there is only passion.

Through passion, I gain strength.

Through strength, I gain power.

Through power, I gain victory.

Through victory, my chains are broken

quickly aggro the mobs that enter the room then run engage a sniper, kill it, and the next one, then the mobs. If you need your defensive cooldowns use em. save your best attacks for the first sniper so it goes down pretty fast. Don't go all out on boss between the mob drops. That is how I did it. Good luck.

Edited by VarKoE

quickly aggro the mobs that enter the room then run engage a sniper, kill it, and the next one, then the mobs. If you need your defensive cooldowns use em. save your best attacks for the first sniper so it goes down pretty fast. Don't go all out on boss between the mob drops. That is how I did it. Good luck.

Thats the tactic i use on my deception sin. Works like a charm and if you keep things timed correctly......you wont get overwhelmed with spawns. Whittle the boss down when you can but make damn sure you focus fire those snipers down with half the room agroed to yourself.

...fear not, I've assembled a detailed video guide to show you how to gear and prepare for successfully completing this challenging content:

My advice for beating the flashpoint is that you should have something slotted in your mainhand (otherwise you will not be able to attack) and not have your companion dismissed during fights (as they do not help you when not present). Also, keyboard keys to which abilities are bound need to be depressed repeatedly during the fights.

Hats off.

It is not obvious from the post but very clear from the videos: The player character here has an iRating of 1; only a mainhand weapon (without any mods) is equipped, no other gear pieces at all. The companion is at influence level 1 (zero overall influence).

Operative.

I should try this on a "squishy" DPS this weekend.

Schoock's experiment was interesting enough that I went and tried it on a Jedi Consular (Telekinetics Sage,) a class that many - mistakenly - consider to be "squishy." I took Schoock's advice except for the part regarding binding abilities to keys; that seemed like too much work and I should not be expected to do that for Story Mode, so I mouse-clicked my way through.

Setup

• Story Mode
  • Empty Lightsaber
  • No other Gear, meaning an iRating of 1
  • No Stim, or Adrenal
  • No Class Buffs
  • No Heroic Moment, Unity, or Sacrifice
  • No crafted Grenades
  • C2-N2 as Healer with Influence Rank 1 (Total Influence 0)
  • Did not equip gear that dropped; at 270-276, it'd have been a bit of an improvement over 1

How did it go?

• All the trash mob fights were - naturally - longer and many were boring; a few were interesting as they required being on one's toes
  • First boss was easy and uneventful
  • Dar'manda on Fortune's Folly (second ship) were the most challenging trash mobs and led to the one and only death
  • Second boss was face tanked by the companion while the player character took care of the adds first
  • Third boss was easy as the attacks did little damage due to basic use of DCDs
  • Fourth boss was obviously a bit harder, especially on the second wave of adds, but use of kolto stations made it possible to go through without dying

A lot of fun was had. :rak_05:

Edited by mike_carton

Schoock's experiment was interesting enough that I went and tried it on a Jedi Consular (Telekinetics Sage,) a class that many - mistakenly - consider to be "squishy." I took Schoock's advice except for the part regarding binding abilities to keys; that seemed like too much work and I should not be expected to do that for Story Mode, so I mouse-clicked my way through.

Setup

• Story Mode
  • Empty Lightsaber
  • No Stim, or Adrenal
  • No Class Buffs
  • No crafted Grenades
  • Did not equip gear that dropped; at 270-276, it'd have been a bit of an improvement over 1

How did it go?

• All the trash mob fights were - naturally - longer and many were boring; a few were interesting as they required being on one's toes
  • Dar'manda on Fortune's Folly (second ship) were the most challenging trash mobs and led to the one and only death
  • Second boss was face tanked by the companion while the player character took care of the adds first
  • Fourth boss was obviously a bit harder, especially on the second wave of adds, but use of kolto stations made it possible to go through without dying

Sounds like a new challenge has been thrown down :D

How many of us can complete SOV under those conditions? Whose else is up for trying?

Setup

• Story Mode
  • Empty Lightsaber
  • No Stim, or Adrenal
  • No Class Buffs
  • No crafted Grenades

How did it go?

Did it with my Lightning Sorc, the "glass canon".

Several tips for Sorc:

• Static Barrier every time before fight.
  • Remember which skill has splash aoe ex: Chain Lightning. Use Whirlwind to cc the farthest enemy of the group out side of Chain Lightning range to reduce one damage output from the enemy. It need practicing to get the distance of the splash damage range but it ease the stress on the heal comp a lot.
  • Kill enemy heal ASAP.
  • I died once by the trash that's at the entrance of the bonus rancor boss room because I was an idiot and tried los, but I should have just used the 2 kolto stations inside the room meant for the bonus boss.

• Final boss: Not sure if I even did it right, I used Extrication on my comp to lower it's aggro at the first wave of adds, so that the enemies were all attacking me. I can self heal/DCD through it.
  • At the second wave of adds, I used up 1 kolto station to save comps, but at that point, I got all enemy's aggro. I used the remaining 2 kolto stations to kill 1 of the 2 sharpshooters.
  • Then, I simply ran around/across the platform to kite and keep the enemy out of los as much as possible, self heal, let the comp heal me, kept attacking to keep the aggro one me, until the kolto stations respawn.

I think it's easier to keep aggro on me because I know where to run, when to attack, and the comp is still healing me at the same time. Maybe it's not the most brilliant way, but it is quite easy once I got all the enemy's attention. This probably only wok on Sorc because of their ability to remove aggro on comp, their mobility and self healing ability. I actually want to try to do it with my sniper, using other tactics of course.

And as you can see, I'm not the smartest nor the fastest player. I am pretty slow. I forget my rotation, and it's probably not even the "correct" rotation. I miss interrupting enemy heal's healing ability most of the time. But once you remember the key things the others said are important (your class' DCD, CC, aoe range), you can definitely do it!

PS: Didn't check spelling. English is hard after I did this...

Edit: Just found out my Presence is 1498, probably due to Legacy rewards, datacrons etc. the comp is still lv1, but it might be stronger than a true lv1 comp.

Edited by eabevella

I don't think the instance is broken (sure there are some bugs here and there). But I think that not all players have the highest item level from raids and such and only do story (And since there is so little story in this expansion and the one before, you can barely call it an expansion). First time I tried it I died at the first boss due to his dot fire damage and I could not defeat him. But I got some newer/higher item level getting to him. Next time I tried it, it was easier, but further down the mobs got abit more difficult and I gave up again. but I got more/newer gear. So third time I was able to get to the last boss but when the sniper came out at the third phase I got wiped. I tried 3 times but didn't work so I gave up again. 3 weeks later I tried again (I do play other games) and the mobs and bosses was easier and I got to the last boss much faster but....the third phase with the sniper, Got wiped again. So I read a bit on the forum and that I should take out the snipers first but Ordo got wiped by the 3 mobs while I was trying to kill the snipers. I was so close to defeat the last boss, just need to pass that third phase with the snipers and she would be defeated. third try I gave up again. So I think it has to do with item level why many can't defeat the last boss.

When I first started I think I had around 240-250 Item level, now I have 274. I don't know..but those sniper are a pain. I might try again some other day.

Edit.

Kolto stations? can you guys use that? I can't, or is it for the other game modes cause I can't click on them at all.

Kolto stations? can you guys use that? I can't, or is it for the other game modes cause I can't click on them at all.

You don't click the Kolto stations during newer FPs such as SoV, you walk through them to activate the healng effect; more efficient way to use them during the combat.

Edited by mike_carton

You don't click the Kolto stations during newer FPs such as SoV, you walk through them to activate the healng effect; more efficient way to use them during the combat.

Alright ill give it try next time. Ty for the info.

• 7 months later...
Just completed this with a 272 Sorcerer. It was definitely more difficult than normal. They definitely tuned some of these for people who had played all the way until end game gear from the previous expansion, and it's really bad game design. For returning players like myself, this was quite difficult.