BioWare, you have to make it clear when items rotate out from Galactic Seasons vendor

Phazonfreak

The rotations are indeed tedious.

I seriously doubt that people without the Kai excel spreadsheet with information when he's going to be selling what are having "fun" going to him every reset hoping against hope for say an apex set-piece and getting disappointed.

There is no good reason this information isn't in-game. I know it's not cos Kai is a copy of the Warframe rotating vendor, but just because it's copied it doesn't mean it's good.

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The rotations are indeed tedious.

There is no good reason this information isn't in-game. .

Mystery, for quests, is fun.

Uncertainty, for grinds, is not fun.

Of course, certain people at BioWare also think "RNG is fun!" , so who knows.

Question though: Does anyone know when the 'Nico' (companion) will be available for purchase on the VENDOR again?

Edited by Nee-Elder

I

...I wish they did communicate bit more though,blog posts or something like that. Little occasional essays where they get kinda candid and explain what they want to achieve with GS and so on. Stuff where they actually unwrap the actual thought process and logic behind things. Instead of stuff that reads like polished PR speak.Of late, that's kinda how lots of the " devs talking about stuff" comes across. its very calculated and EA and press release-ish. Wish they had some semi official venue where they can just talk about things without fearing some scandal or massive outrage if not every word is fully polished. None of that is part of devs job though.

Agreed. BW's approach to community building reminds me of certain politicians on social media who have to have everything they say micro-managed, who say nothing of substance or warmth, or offer any clues to what they're really thinking, and who are overly defensive whenever someone points this out. What I know about Jackie from her posts, especially this last one, is not encouraging. I definitely do not get the sense that she plays this game and understands player concerns. If your main focus is not here, then why bother having a forum?

BW needs to actually spend the time building up a liaison that the community knows and trusts, even knowing that they can't answer every question. What we get instead is long stretches of silence and then when they do post they imply that their silence is the forum's fault. Blaming your base for your own ineptitude is not going to end well. The forum has a bad atmosphere, yes, but that is in part what the devs made of it [the other part is this entire IP is toxic].

Edited by Ardrossan

Wanted to chime in since there are some skewed perceptions and I would like to address them. I'm still here and still active though yes, I haven't been active in terms of publicly posting the last couple weeks. I want to be mindful of what I post here because I know players are wanting updates to the game and there are many watchful eyes on the dev tracker. I learned early on how much a gold post means to people who use the forums.

I still read the forums, gather feedback I see here, through my PMs, and other platforms, provide it to the team, moderate, review and process reports, and work on various projects that affect different pockets of the community outside of the forums. I understand that because I'm not posting 100% of the time up front and center in the forums, the perception is that I am just not active at all, but I am, and still have the same drive to cultivate the relationship between dev and player here as when I first started.

I want every post I make to have meaning behind it whether that be providing game updates, news, or moderating to keep this place healthy and also welcoming to people who are either new or lurking. It's a balance that I am always working to be mindful of when posting here.

Defense of self noted; can you address the thread's content?

I am ok with Bioware staff only posting importantly instead of bantering.

I am also ok with skewed perceptions.

I would like to see the original Dark vs Light event "Victorious Pioneer" armor to be added to the vendors.

Edited by jimmorrisson

I would like to see the original Dark vs Light event "Victorious Pioneer" armor to be added to the vendors.

I strongly oppose this. That armor came in three boxes with each box requiring a significant amount of effort to earn. The effort was increasingly larger and involved completionist kind of lists of activities. It should not be available again. Certainly not on vendors.

I strongly oppose this. That armor came in three boxes with each box requiring a significant amount of effort to earn. The effort was increasingly larger and involved completionist kind of lists of activities. It should not be available again. Certainly not on vendors.

the entire event could make a comeback tbh with the set being given out as a reward at the end like before

I am in favor of this, partly because i only have 3 pieces, and partly because, like the Shroud chapter and other "exclusives", adding it to the Seasonal rewards will infuriate long term subs.