Darth Rivix Appreciation Thread <3 <3 <3 haters make your own!

Sarova

I've developed a crush on Rivix too, especially when I learned that he's voiced by Gideon Emery. (Lor'themar Theron from WoW). But only because of his personality. His looks...yikes. He desperately needs a haircut - at least. He was a huge disappointment at first, because I was expecting a sexy Pureblood (we need more Purebloods!). When I saw him exiting the shuttle, I yelled out loud: Oh my God...he looks terrible! :eek: True story.

But so far he seems like a true patriot, plus he's calm, intelligent, and sensible.

He was cute in The dark descent, when you scared him after he spoke with Acina about the missing tome .The poor guy almost had a heart attack. :D

I just finished the sketch with Vector a few moments ago https://www.deviantart.com/guljarol/art/Vector-and-Rivix-878334948

I'd love to see an in-game interaction between Vector and Rivix.

I've developed a crush on Rivix too, especially when I learned that he's voiced by Gideon Emery. (Lor'themar Theron from WoW). But only because of his personality. His looks...yikes. He desperately needs a haircut - at least. He was a huge disappointment at first, because I was expecting a sexy Pureblood (we need more Purebloods!). When I saw him exiting the shuttle, I yelled out loud: Oh my God...he looks terrible! :eek: True story.

But so far he seems like a true patriot, plus he's calm, intelligent, and sensible.

He was cute in The dark descent, when you scared him after he spoke with Acina about the missing tome .The poor guy almost had a heart attack. :D

I love Rivix's look as well as his hairstyle and I'm convinced he's a Zeltron and not a pureblood Sith. I had the same reaction as you when I first saw Arn Peralun :D (I want to like Arn because I think he's quite dark side but his face, hairstyle and voice are just nope). The only good pureblood sith male look imo is Tenebrae (Vitiate/Valkorian). I've just created another Sith Inq purely for Rivix "research" so I hope they don't disappoint us.

I'm not sold on his look but don't find him hideous. His personality (and voice) are enough for me, turns out :)

That said, I love that he's BT1. We don't see them as comps, and I kind of love that he's smaller even than my girls (I only use BT1 for fem toons), and especially in that scene at the end my boys tower over him (and they're only BT2). :D

I'd love to see an in-game interaction between Vector and Rivix.

I love Rivix's look as well as his hairstyle and I'm convinced he's a Zeltron and not a pureblood Sith. I had the same reaction as you when I first saw Arn Peralun :D (I want to like Arn because I think he's quite dark side but his face, hairstyle and voice are just nope). The only good pureblood sith male look imo is Tenebrae (Vitiate/Valkorian). I've just created another Sith Inq purely for Rivix "research" so I hope they don't disappoint us.

Yes, he must be a Zeltron. :)

Arn...he's creepy. I mean, his looks. His personality is ok, at least he's not a hypocrate, in opposition to many Jedi.

I'm fascinated by Purebloods, they're beautiful and cool. :cool:

Edited by Dylinrae

Yes, he must be a Zeltron. :)

Arn...he's creepy. I mean, his looks. His personality is ok, at least he's not a hypocrate, in opposition to many Jedi

I don't think Arn's creepy; he just looks wrong doesn't have the mystery or anything else Rivix has. Well, except a first name. Anyone any idea what Rivix's first name might be? Or is he just "Rivix"?

Yes, he must be a Zeltron. :) I'm fascinated by Purebloods, they're beautiful and cool. :cool:

I was really disappointed we had to kill off original-emperor-body-Tenebrae. I was half hoping he'd succeed in putting himself back together so we could see more of that Pureblood look.

I don't think Arn's creepy; he just looks wrong doesn't have the mystery or anything else Rivix has. Well, except a first name. Anyone any idea what Rivix's first name might be? Or is he just "Rivix"?

For all we know, it might not even be his birth name. Like Darth Nox and Darth Imperius, etc.

ETA: Did I post it? https://www.deviantart.com/guljarol/art/Darth-Rivix-873953223

Edited by Lammia

Who's Arn?

I love Rivix. I'm very intrigued by how much he knows about the Jedi, as well as his ability to use a power I associate with the Jedi, the Mind Trick. Apparently, it's his signature move. Perhaps he's a fallen Jedi?

My toon wanted to side with Malgus during his rebellion, but of course that wasn't a story option. That same toon has been sympathetic to him since his reappearance. Sith hate nothing more than being chained and Malgus has spent too long clamped in irons, to so speak. I hope his story arc includes some way to ally with him, even recruit him to the Alliance with a dark-side toon.

I'm guessing that Rivix is secretly trying to end Malgus or take control himself. It would be an interesting story if we were forced to decide whom we side with, Rivix or Malgus.

Personally, I think Rivix would make a better romance option than Arcann, so hopefully there will be a short romance storyline, even if it's brief (like Arcann or Pierce).

Edited by Xina_LA

Who's Arn?

I love Rivix. I'm very intrigued by how much he knows about the Jedi, as well as his ability to use a power I associate with the Jedi, the Mind Trick. Apparently, it's his signature move. Perhaps he's a fallen Jedi?

My toon wanted to side with Malgus during his rebellion, but of course that wasn't a story option. That same toon has been sympathetic to him since his reappearance. Sith hate nothing more than being chained and Malgus has spent too long clamped in irons, to so speak. I hope his story arc includes some way to ally with him, even recruit him to the Alliance with a dark-side toon.

I'm guessing that Rivix is secretly trying to end Malgus or take control himself. It would be an interesting story if we were forced to decide whom we side with, Rivix or Malgus.

Personally, I think Rivix would make a better romance option than Arcann, so hopefully there will be a short romance storyline, even if it's brief (like Arcann or Pierce).

Many of us are wondering if Rivix is a fallen Jedi. I'm really hoping they give him a really good story and give us lots of interactions with him as he hinted at after the FP briefing.

I also agree that Rivix would make a better romance option than Arcann (let's face it, his romance was a huge disappointment and I wished I hadn't bothered). Since they added the flirt option for Rivix this time, I'm hoping they really did listen to us during the livestream, as they said there was nothing planned around a Rivix romance but they were thinking about it with Arn. I wonder if they were surprised by how much love there would be for Rivix and his VA. If they do add a romance option with Rivix, it had better be longer than that with Pierce and more meaningful than that with Arcann.

Many of us are wondering if Rivix is a fallen Jedi. I'm really hoping they give him a really good story and give us lots of interactions with him as he hinted at after the FP briefing.

I also agree that Rivix would make a better romance option than Arcann (let's face it, his romance was a huge disappointment and I wished I hadn't bothered). Since they added the flirt option for Rivix this time, I'm hoping they really did listen to us during the livestream, as they said there was nothing planned around a Rivix romance but they were thinking about it with Arn. I wonder if they were surprised by how much love there would be for Rivix and his VA. If they do add a romance option with Rivix, it had better be longer than that with Pierce and more meaningful than that with Arcann.

I am quite sure that the scene and flirt option was a done deal by the time of the lifestream, so I wouldn't see it as proof they listen.

However, I DO hope they listen, because I want to melt that scheming heart and scheme together. :D

And give him cries (and more Sith-y abilities) and add him as a useful companion to run around with. :D

I'm a little late to the party but dropping by to say I'd love to see a Rivix romance option, I can see him with at least one of my characters. :D

After the final story release,

I feel he's up to something and I know it's a totally ridiculous trope but I love the enemy to friend/lover angle. If he's up to something but then turns and joins us instead. Again so tropey but I love it. :D

Surprised around Arn getting a mention, he's really not my cup of tea, he feels very young and naïve compared to my characters. Seen much love for Rivix but not really much at all for Arn, it'd be great for Arn fans to get something but here's hoping for us Rivix fans to. :)

I'm a little late to the party but dropping by to say I'd love to see a Rivix romance option, I can see him with at least one of my characters. :D

After the final story release,

I feel he's up to something and I know it's a totally ridiculous trope but I love the enemy to friend/lover angle. If he's up to something but then turns and joins us instead. Again so tropey but I love it. :D

Welcome! It's never too late to join the Rivix party!

I think many of us here love that enemy to friend/lover trope (as ridiculous as it is) and all the angst that goes with it :) I wonder if Rivix has his own agenda outside that of Acina/Vowrawn and maybe they end up ordering his death, making him turn to us for help. Yep, ridiculous but I'd love it

I really hope they devs are stealing all our Rivix romance ideas :D

What? I thought Arcaan's romance was one of the better ones. I put off doing it because I thought it was a dumb idea. Then I did it. The worst romance is with Koth.

Tau became obsessed with the padawn she didn't want and you cannot flirt with her anymore.

I'm hoping for more with Major Anri.

OH YES, I'd love <3 to see more Major Anri!

As for Rivix...

Now that I've played both Empire and Republic storylines, Light- and Dark-side to see more dialog variations:

I'd have to guess that Rivix was a padawan who had dark-side tendencies, so his mind was wiped by the Jedi at the Enclave, and eventually he fell to darkness. Somewhere in his subconscious, he still remembers Jedi lore and abilities. The question now -- will we have the option to redeem him if we're light-aligned? If we're Republic (or secretly Republic), will we be able to get him help and healing from the Order?

Edited by Xina_LA

Rivix is pretty much the physical embodiment of what type of Sith I've wanted to romance since Day 1. I don't think we have a pretty, slightly androgynous romanceable male option that's also a dark sider. Please keep him around for more than a plot device for 2 flashpoint intros. FWIW, I think his hair is perf and needs no cutting, but to each their own and all that.

We deserve a pretty darkside boy with hair.*

*Scourge customization 8 will always be canon to me <3

Edited by EmperorPallas

Rivix is pretty much the physical embodiment of what type of Sith I've wanted to romance since Day 1. I don't think we have a pretty, slightly androgynous romanceable male option that's also a dark sider. Please keep him around for more than a plot device for 2 flashpoint intros. FWIW, I think his hair is perf and needs no cutting, but to each their own and all that.

We deserve a pretty darkside boy with hair.*

We do indeed. In fact, all of this. Devs, pay attention! Give us what we want and we will throw money into subs :D (well, I will at least).

We do indeed. In fact, all of this. Devs, pay attention! Give us what we want and we will throw money into subs :D (well, I will at least).

I re-subbed for him. If he stays, so will I! ;)

And we indeed are long overdue a nice, smart, interesting Force boi. <3

I was really disappointed we had to kill off original-emperor-body-Tenebrae. I was half hoping he'd succeed in putting himself back together so we could see more of that Pureblood look.

I find Arn to be very creepy. Every time Bioware tries to do hyper-realistic skins they cross over to the uncanny valley. Mixing two art styles is a big mistake! His hair looks like the texture was lifted from a magazine and pasted on and the mechanical eye is always staring off into the void. If they do make him a companion and give him a simpler skin like they did with Koth and company, I would probably like him just fine.

Tenebrae sure was worth looking at! Since we can't have him, could we at least have a commemorative statue?

Lammia, love the art! Keep it up! Chibi Rivix is just too cute :) Sprinkle some onto the other love threads...

Tenebrae sure was worth looking at! Since we can't have him, could we at least have a commemorative statue?

I'd love a memorial statue of the other two version of the Emperor, and perhaps one of all 3 together.

I'm still hoping for a Memorial Statue of Torian Cadera, especially considering his awesome death scene (for those who let him die).

Perhaps they can release the other companions as well. I'd be especially interested in the aliens -- M1-4X, Tanno Vik, Zenith, Blizz, Broonmark, Xalek, Ashara, Qyzen-Fess, and the rest. If not a statue, at least some wall art, sort of like family photos.

And naturally I'd love to have a Rivix statue, poster, holo art, or other decoration. Once he's a normal companion (hopefully!), he'll make a nice SH deco.

I think Arn looks terrible. A head on a droid body and that red laser eyeball of his? His hair looks like it hasn't been washed in months. I think they designed him badly.

Rivix looks cool though. I can see something there. Hopefully there will be more on his story development. It would be nice to know how some of these Sith lords got their Sith names. Like Lord Scourge. We don't know his real name right? It seems strange to romance someone without knowing their name, but I can come up with plenty of enduring nick names for them.

I can't decide whether Rivix was mildly amused or bored when he choked that arrogant Pub soldier in the enclave FP. :p He did it like it was a daily routine for him. :D By the way, it was ridiculous that 3 common Pub soldiers thought that they could beat 3 force users (if your character is a Warrior/Inquisitor). Well, good luck with that, boys. :p Edited by Dylinrae