7.0 PVE DPS Tier List

Kalanx

One player doing "200k" less than one fury mara?

What's that meant to mean anyway. There's hundreds of thousands of real results on the parse sites which show how hundreds of thousands of fights played out and that shows a far broader picture than 2 players of ? skill level.

Fury and Marauder in general finally getting some respect lol love it! It's a shame about marksman it is a fun spec always has been but "fun" doesn't clear endgame content and many classes were indeed changed by this Major Update for better or worse so when Top End Players themselves tell you what's best it is accurate for a good reason or reasons :) Edited by karatewolf

Not sure who you played with, or where you looked to come to these conclusions, but as a Scoundrel (Ruffian) Main, I'm thoroughly disagreeing with us being D tier. Im side by side with Juggs on aoe, often pulling 100k+ dps on trashpacks, and pulling 24k+ dps single target, and running away from everyone the second it has occasional add spawns. Where we're lacking severely is in the defensives.

My Second Combat style is Sniper (Marksmanship) which you also refer to as 'hot garbage'.. Im doing 60k aoe with one button, and 23-25k dps single target (depending on movement).. Either everyone else is **** if they according to you should smack me on damage.. or something else is wrong here

24k is below average lol the top specs (Fury, Deception and Pyro/AP) are well north of that 37-45k, according to multiple parses and first-hand reports. Which is almost double what youre claiming is "good" and how OP is wrong lol

My sniper hits like a freakin truck, ran with a friend who oddly enuf has a fury marauder and I of course was on my sniper, he was only doing 200k more dog then me, but that's ONLY cause he was in gold augments and I was still in purple, yea I believe some people dissed the best dps in the game cause they want there class to come out on top, all I can say is "star parse doesn't lie", wake up dude

I highly doubt the difference you observed was purely purple gold vs purple augs lol. Fury is top DPS spec atm, verified by multiple parses and first-hand reports. "sniper" tells us nothing, Marks, Engi, or Virulence? Regardless Virulence is top sniper spec DPS wise and Virulence is slightly above the average. That's the 200k you're observing. Its okay to not agree with something just because you don't like it.

I highly doubt the difference you observed was purely purple gold vs purple augs lol. Fury is top DPS spec atm, verified by multiple parses and first-hand reports. "sniper" tells us nothing, Marks, Engi, or Virulence? Regardless Virulence is top sniper spec DPS wise and Virulence is slightly above the average. That's the 200k you're observing. Its okay to not agree with something just because you don't like it.

Something tells me they don't even run operations and just likes the marksman spec lol which hey nothing wrong with liking a spec to each their own but they shouldn't try to boast such a claim without actual research or testing first great way to make a complete fool of yourself lmao

It's so sad how little damage arsenal puts out. Even an AOE spec like engineering sniper does more single target dps :rolleyes: Arsenal, MM sniper and Carnage marauder all could use some hefty buffs, but especially arsenal.

TBH carnage/combat needs a rework more then it needs a buff its problems lie in that you can buff stuff that is used during the precision window (will brake it in pvp if you do) it has no aoe to speak of and its utterly rage/focus starved, they realy either need to follow one of the reworks on the forums or revert it back to the days of masterstrike/ravage with the timed windows

Edited by timovdt

• 3 weeks later...

I played beta and started at launch. Operative and Mercenary were easily the S tier and everything else was MUCH MUCH below that. When they started the nerf bat upon Operative first, they hit it 4x back to back every patch and it just never recovered. That person stating that their Operative does 100k+ dps and such must be talking being 320+ gear rating and going back to fight low level mobs because they're definitely full of S**T!

Mercenaries / Sorcs got nerfed next and Mercenaries went to crap from there.

I'm not sure if this list is 100%, but I do agree with it as I have way too many toons and maxed out every class and play them all the time. Powertechs use to be S tier, not sure when/what happened to them but they do NOT feel like they use to for me.

Fun Fact - at launch - Operatives could kill anyone in about 3-4 seconds by knocking you down and just murdering you. Mercenaries could sit up top of Hutt ball and shoot 2-3 tracer missiles to annihilate any class with ease. Now they both are completely worthless to play next to Marauder / Assassin.

• 3 weeks later...

Fun Fact - at launch - Operatives could kill anyone in about 3-4 seconds by knocking you down and just murdering you. Mercenaries could sit up top of Hutt ball and shoot 2-3 tracer missiles to annihilate any class with ease. Now they both are completely worthless to play next to Marauder / Assassin.

I logged in to reply to this, only to confirm how glorious it was for me and my operative friend to stalk people in and open from stealth, knock down, and one shot everyone in warzone ! :D

• 4 weeks later...

you put operative in D tier, bro I do a ton of damage with operative, plus i have the tacs and implants for healing. You must be playing with someone who doesn't know the operative. other than that the list is ok.

wait you put sniper above operative? bro wait. that's pfff kffff shpfff alright. :)

Edited by Firebugfour

you put operative in D tier, bro I do a ton of damage with operative, plus i have the tacs and implants for healing. You must be playing with someone who doesn't know the operative. other than that the list is ok.

wait you put sniper above operative? bro wait. that's pfff kffff shpfff alright. :)

Well good thing the a tier list isn't a highest dps list. Operative is the worst spec, it brings 0 utility to any raid, it is just a worse version of Pyro, Anni or Fury. Sniper has sniper shield, and it's ranged - not even a terrible ranged.

Implants for healing? Why would you use them in PvE??? Locked and Loaded + Tactican have no healing qualities at all, this means you are probably talking about aggressive treatment, a PvP implant.

Operative DPS is in fact so TERRIBLE, it is never - and I mean never - considered in ANY setups if you get more serious about PvE.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...