Corso quest "In a Pickle"

phosdex

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There is another way. On the western entrance to the imperial zone, to the north you'll find a sand people village - in that village if you look carefully there is a small path in the rocks, that leads to a cave. Go through that cave, and on the other end is an open area that will lead you to corsos quest.

yep the only way i found was suicide through it

That's what I thought as well, but the intended route for you to take is through the Outlaw's Den, the FFA PvP area. Of course, I saw the route after I died three times trying to get past the Imp quest hub... :rolleyes:

• 2 weeks later...

Dune Sea side entrance to the Banthan Drift Cave is at X -712 Y -894

you can completely bypass the Imperials using this tunnel, and it comes out just outside the Outlaws Den.

The Jundland entrance is at X -413 Y -749

• 2 weeks later...

I'm going to hafta admit that I'm stumped here.

I found the Bantha Drift Cave that comes out just below Outlaw Den. And I've found what other sites say is the actual cave that Jettison is in, but it's red. I can't get in. I have the quest from Corso. I even made sure I had Corso with me in case that was the trigger.

Did I miss a step? I landed on tattione & saw no one prelim to talk to in town. Anyone know why I can't get in?

How do you get the quest? I talked to him before I went to Tatoonie but never got the quest and can't talk to him now.

You have to get his affection up to a certain point and it has to be during Act 2 I believe. Not sure how high his affection has to be exactly.

This quest was annoying trying to find a way through. In the end I just did what so many others did, ran straight through the imperial warcamp, turned on dodge, and made it 3/4 of the way before dying and then ressed up and got through the rest of the way with stealth.

Sometimes I think though the time spent on the quest wasn't really worth it lol.

I had to run this one last night. Corso's affection needs to be in the 5000 range and I was on Hoth (level 39) when he spawned the conversation.

As another poster mentioned, the cave entrance with the alternate path was red for me. I ended up circling Camp Arnek (I believe that's what it's called) to the south until I found a portion of the wall that I could stair step jump down, then circled the parimeter of the camp and ran past the level 50s guarding the back entrance. Once I recalled Corso from his single minded need to distract said level 50s, all was good and no deaths. lol

Oh, and as someone else said, the mission really wasn't worth it, Corso didn't even say thank you afterwards. But, at least now it isn't permanently stuck in my log. :)

Here's a map with a route from Dreviad outpost (which is where the quest marker tells you to speeder to) to Corso's silly little pickle that avoids imperial territory. You end up going through a free for all PvP zone, but as that you'll generally be getting this quest around the high thirties to low fourties and no one hangs out in there anyway, you should be fine. Annnd landing in Salara would be faster.

Anyway, Map:

http://i40.tinypic.com/j96l3d.png

Edited by KryloKillian

First go to Outpost Salara. In between that outpost and the entrance to the Dune Sea to the west you should take the southernmost road that runs between these two points. You have to pass over the land bridge next to the outpost to get to this road, at which point you should turn right and a small distance on the left you will see some red Sand people banners which marks the entrance to The Outlaws Den, a PVP zone. Go through this zone which is not too long and you will be able to easily access the entrance for the mission.

Going any other way takes you through an imperial camp and you will die.

So... anybody know what the locked door is for?

If you look at the mission in your log, it says something that you should free the twi'lek dude after defeating the canibals. The actual wording which I can't remember, to me, sounded as if they had originaly intended to have him behind the door and that you would loot a key from the canibal leader. As that would require a different cutscene for the canibals, they may have then discarded that idea in favour of what we get.

That's one of my theories.

The other theory I have is that the actual cave geometry (without the items decorating it) is a stock cave and the locked door was the easiest way to seal off the unnecessary parts of the cave.

Glad I found this thread. Got killed twice by players trying to get through the imp zone. Then by the lvl 50 NPC sentinels. Went round the other way but mistakenly went through the imp base. Died my way through it and the same player who had ganked me twice before ganked me again 2 foot from the mission entrance ... with a 10minute cool down on my medical probe.

All in all ... Corso is not my favourite person right now. Would've been a nice little diversion if it had been easier to find.

Glad I found this thread. Got killed twice by players trying to get through the imp zone. Then by the lvl 50 NPC sentinels. Went round the other way but mistakenly went through the imp base. Died my way through it and the same player who had ganked me twice before ganked me again 2 foot from the mission entrance ... with a 10minute cool down on my medical probe.

All in all ... Corso is not my favourite person right now. Would've been a nice little diversion if it had been easier to find.

the way they try to force players into 'world pvp' by such placed quests is irritating. i chanced it up on another quest too.

here i took the time to find a fix for you , yo ucan find it on here

http://www.torhead.com/mission/5BJGIKH/in-a-pickle#comments

also on the comments it said this :

By perringaiden at 2011-12-25 10:26:40

*Ok, here's the deal for this quest. There's two ways to get to it, from the Dune Sea through Outpost Zaroshe, an Imperial Base that will kill you repeatedly even with stealth, or through the Jundland via Mos Anek, an Imperial Base that will... kill you repeatedly even with stealth.

However. What's not obvious is that there's a 3rd entrance to the area. On the northern path between Outpost Salara and the northern Dune Sea entrance, there is a chasm with Sand People banners in it to the south. You'll no the place because when you go inside the "Outlaw's Den", there's a Black Market Trader selling PVP commendation gear, and you'll be flagged for PVP. Head south through this PVP area, and you'll end up passing a GTM, Mailbox and a bunch of other things, until you pass out of the Outlaw's Den into the Central Chasm of Jundland. Follow this chasm south and you'll end up at the Tribal Settlement Cave that you need to find. Getting out is simply a case of retracing your steps.

By RasereiAmok at 2011-12-25 18:58:33

Go through the outlaws den and you will get to that path safer. Still a long way but no crazyness involved.

gues tere is a way true ffa zone , was wrong nothing leading true fa zone , but from what i seen from comments its pretty safe

Next time ... dont be so dense and give up as you said circling area , cus clearly you have circled enough :p ..

and also np , for this fix i was happy to help ,

Edit: also i gues republic is just screwed on this area

Edited by Genesizs

how can i do this quest without having to go through a pvp zone ?

i found out the caves advised to bypass imperial zone was closed red to me.

Ah, so this is the thread you were talking about.

Here you go, people. Problem solved.

There's a way to get to the cave without going through the Den or getting flagged at all. Travel to Outpost Thorazan in the Dune Sea and make your way south to an unmarked cave entrance at -720, -895 (you'll have to fight/sneak past some Sand People). It's between Thorazan and the Imp outpost of Zaroshe, at the base of an arch that on the map looks, um, happy to see you. Go through the cave, which is marked as the 'Bantha Drifts Tunnel,' and out to the other side. You should pop out in the Jundland Central Chasm area, just south of the Outlaw's Den and out of the PvP zone.

TL;DR: Don't want to get PvP flagged? Go through the tunnel entrance at -720, -895 in the Dune Sea.