At what point does the option to romance Theron Shan get cut off?

Loadsamonie

I don't want to start romancing him during the Shadow of Revan storyline because, from a roleplay perspective, my Jedi Knight is still fully invested in the Jedi Teachings, and so does not wish to go against the Jedi Code by forming a romantic attachment to anyone.

It's only when both the Republic and the Empire succumb to Valkorion, and more specifically once the Alliance is formed, that my Jedi Knights philosophies would start to shift, and though she would still be a Jedi at heart, would be more open and accepting of certain concepts, including romantic relationships. That would be the point at which I would want to start a romance with Theron Shan, to renew the Shan bloodline and forge a new prodigy of Force-Sensitive descendants.

Can you still start a romance with Theron Shan by, say, Chapter 9 of Fallen Empire, when the Alliance on Odessen is formed? Or is it too late then?

I don't want to start romancing him during the Shadow of Revan storyline because, from a roleplay perspective, my Jedi Knight is still fully invested in the Jedi Teachings, and so does not wish to go against the Jedi Code by forming a romantic attachment to anyone.

It's only when both the Republic and the Empire succumb to Valkorion, and more specifically once the Alliance is formed, that my Jedi Knights philosophies would start to shift, and though she would still be a Jedi at heart, would be more open and accepting of certain concepts, including romantic relationships. That would be the point at which I would want to start a romance with Theron Shan, to renew the Shan bloodline and forge a new prodigy of Force-Sensitive descendants.

Can you still start a romance with Theron Shan by, say, Chapter 9 of Fallen Empire, when the Alliance on Odessen is formed? Or is it too late then?

Yes. That's his first appearance in Fallen Empire. Flirt with him upon arrival to tell him he got better looking. At the briefing you have a chance to flirt with him afterwards asking when you can learn what he's up to. At the (in)famous Cantina scene choose the option [flirt] I need to speak with one of you then choose Theron. You cannot choose to romance with him afterwards.

Also very important. While you can choose the occasional [flirt] dialogue with other people you meet, DO NOT start a romance with them nor rekindle a romance with your Class Companion if you had one. That will end your romance with Theron, and you can never get it back even if your new romance dies.