I wonder if they'll ever update the creation faces?

uuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu

It's been 10 years! Give us some new looks for our characters, especially more weathered looking ones since we are getting older! I haven't been on PTS, but I hear they are adding some new options for hair and such, so why not give us new faces, scars, complexion options etc etc etc. Why just hair? Particularly it'd be cool if they gave us some HD faces to use, some that they've put Arcann/Vaylin/Valkorion/Senya/Koth/Lana/Acina/Tau levels of detail into. Basically, remember when new NPC's started looking better? When that happened they shoulda started working on some updates for US to use too. Half this game is Star Wars: Fashion Show after all, I wanna look my best!

Scars are important too! I'm sick of the vanilla options, give me an Arcann level face scar! Some of my Warriors who got crushed in that cave in by Baras could use some gnarlier scars ;) At the very least, stop locking some customisation options behind classes! If I want a JK with a Trooper tattoo, let me have it! If I want a Warrior with Inquisitor slave scars or an Inq with Warrior tattoos, let me do it! Sure, you don't want a Sith running around with the Troopers Pub symbol face tattoo I guess lol, but who cares, let people make their own headcanon for why thats happening if they choose to.

Edited by uuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu

All I want is albino Twi'lek (chalk-white skin, redish eyes - both seen in the movies so it doesn't go against any canon) especially now when they are removing DS\LS slider (this kind of appearance can be achieved with blue Twi'lek at dark V).

They're removing the slider? I thought it was just the DvL events that were getting removed, the little widget at the bottom where you can choose to get LS or DS points passively while doing anything? Getting rid of the slider completely would be crazy. No more DS corruption at all? So Twi'leks can NEVER have Sith eyes or look inherently DS? That's just insane. I have a Twi'lek Warrior I'm playing right now and I always gotta keep him hovering inside Dark I so he has the yellow eyes that I can't give him from the Character Creator, but his red skin stays RED and not faded pink like it starts to go at Dark II and above..

Getting rid of the slider would be fine for some races (Humans have CM eye options for Sith variants and Imperial Zabraks have some cool standard eyes that look sufficiently Sith-y), but a lot of Alien races would be stuck looking neutral/LS forever. Terrible decision unless they make CM Sith eyes apply to all races.

It's been 10 years! Give us some new looks for our characters, especially more weathered looking ones since we are getting older! I haven't been on PTS, but I hear they are adding some new options for hair and such, so why not give us new faces, scars, complexion options etc etc etc. Why just hair? Particularly it'd be cool if they gave us some HD faces to use, some that they've put Arcann/Vaylin/Valkorion/Senya/Koth/Lana/Acina/Tau levels of detail into. Basically, remember when new NPC's started looking better? When that happened they shoulda started working on some updates for US to use too. Half this game is Star Wars: Fashion Show after all, I wanna look my best!

Scars are important too! I'm sick of the vanilla options, give me an Arcann level face scar! Some of my Warriors who got crushed in that cave in by Baras could use some gnarlier scars ;) At the very least, stop locking some customisation options behind classes! If I want a JK with a Trooper tattoo, let me have it! If I want a Warrior with Inquisitor slave scars or an Inq with Warrior tattoos, let me do it! Sure, you don't want a Sith running around with the Troopers Pub symbol face tattoo I guess lol, but who cares, let people make their own headcanon for why thats happening if they choose to.

Careful what you ask for. They included new hairs that clip, and that's about it. Oh, and beards for women.

It's frustrating cause there are many MMOs with character creators that put this one to shame, like it's not even in the same ballpark. But those MMOs, you're usually just staring at the back of your character. And then this one is built to be very cinematic, with lots of important closeups, and there's like, what, 20 highly stylized preset heads to choose from and 30 something highly stylized complexion that alter the look of the face. And that's in the best case, for humans. The non-humans, it's just sad sometimes, how few options there are.

If you want to be creative and unique, you're out of luck. Heck, it gets hard to make a character that doesn't just look like one of your other characters, or one of the other characters you run into in the game.

They're removing the slider? I thought it was just the DvL events that were getting removed, the little widget at the bottom where you can choose to get LS or DS points passively while doing anything? Getting rid of the slider completely would be crazy. No more DS corruption at all? So Twi'leks can NEVER have Sith eyes or look inherently DS? That's just insane. I have a Twi'lek Warrior I'm playing right now and I always gotta keep him hovering inside Dark I so he has the yellow eyes that I can't give him from the Character Creator, but his red skin stays RED and not faded pink like it starts to go at Dark II and above..

No, a return to the old days (before 5.0), where neutral to max-Dark was only 10K points, and you got all your points from decisions in conversations and from Diplomacy missions.

I got my first "main" from neutral to Light V before the end of the class story under that regime without even *having* Diplomacy, thank you. Er, before 3.0 came out.

No, a return to the old days (before 5.0), where neutral to max-Dark was only 10K points, and you got all your points from decisions in conversations and from Diplomacy missions.

I got my first "main" from neutral to Light V before the end of the class story under that regime without even *having* Diplomacy, thank you. Er, before 3.0 came out.

This return to the old system is a good decision in my humble opinion. The current one doesn't make much sense. Dark vs. Light is a question of morality and should not depend on how many quests you achieve and some manual switch that let you decide if these quests should make you lighter or darker.

They should improve vanilla textures, hair and customizstions (along with adding some brand new ones) before doing any graphical updates on starter planets. Wrong Bioware priorities once again, starter planets don't even look dated compared to character faces. Only the Republic Fleet needs an actual overhaul (cause it was alwsys the wrong architecture/style/textures). Original 1.0 characters faces and armor textures is what makes the game looks most dated

Yeah, that's what I thought was gonna happen. So DS corruption will still exist. I thought so, it'd be so dumb to remove that. I think I had trouble getting to Dark/Light V in the old system just via choices in class stories, I think the most I'd get to that way was level 3 maybe? But then, that was skipping some world arcs and stuff probably.

They should improve vanilla textures, hair and customizstions (along with adding some brand new ones) before doing any graphical updates on starter planets. Wrong Bioware priorities once again, starter planets don't even look dated compared to character faces. Only the Republic Fleet needs an actual overhaul (cause it was alwsys the wrong architecture/style/textures). Original 1.0 characters faces and armor textures is what makes the game looks most dated

Yeah I don't understand why they keep prioritising upgrades to starter worlds.. You're there for all of an hour or two. They're fine. Didn't they already beautify the start worlds a few years back? Maybe move on and do the Chapter 1 worlds now... :rolleyes:

Yeah, that's what I thought was gonna happen. So DS corruption will still exist. I thought so, it'd be so dumb to remove that. I think I had trouble getting to Dark/Light V in the old system just via choices in class stories, I think the most I'd get to that way was level 3 maybe? But then, that was skipping some world arcs and stuff probably.

Hmm...

Sounds like you did something wrong. If memory serves, my character hit Light V around level mid-40s, perhaps 45 or 47, somewhere on Voss or Corellia. But I was playing mostly as Preferred, so I didn't have the +25% XP bonus for being a subscriber, and it was before 3.0, so I had to do more questing to keep up with the levels of my class missions.

Hmm...

Sounds like you did something wrong. If memory serves, my character hit Light V around level mid-40s, perhaps 45 or 47, somewhere on Voss or Corellia. But I was playing mostly as Preferred, so I didn't have the +25% XP bonus for being a subscriber, and it was before 3.0, so I had to do more questing to keep up with the levels of my class missions.

Did you not see the part you quoted where I said I was probably skipping world arcs and such? And as you say, you weren't. So I'd say that explains it.

Wanted to add to this request, I just did Ossus on my 2nd JC and noticed Nadia's hair change this time, I hadn't on my first JC because it'd been such a long time since I'd seen her regardless, this one I'd seen her only like a week ago. I like this change, that's something I'd like to see more of. Companion customisations that update the original looks of some base game companions, particularly to make some companions look a little older, and more mature, the hairstyle change accomplished that with Nadia imo, Mako sorely needs the same, with her base models quite young looking hair. Kira shoulda had a cooler updated hairstyle when she returned too :( Not a big fan of her standard hair, but I like her face too much to change to an alternate Kira available now, an updated base game look would be ideal

I get that some people don't use the "standard" look for comps though, so they'd have no change, but better something than nothing no?

Noticed another thing that needs an update. A lot more than the damn starter planets do at least... Why is our character STILL stuck with constant vanilla animations for drawing their various weapons? You gave Malgus and even Tau and Arn unique drawing animations for their lightsabers in the final battle on Repside Corellia (Malgus properly whips his saber out in a cool way that WE never get to do, and Tau and Arn draw theirs up the centre of their bodies in a unique way we also never get to do).

MAKE US SPECIAL for god sakes. Have my gun wielders draw/holster their weapon with some style in cutscenes from time to time at least. Have our lightsaber wielders at LEAST use the Tau/Malgus animations sometimes when appropriate if you can't make another unique one for us. Doublesaber animations need a LOT of extra love too besides even needing a cool drawing animation. They use the single saber animations an AWFUL lot in regular combat ending/starting/middle cutscenes, and it doesn't work. Part of the blade is stabbing you in the damn leg most of the time. Update THESE things. Not the starter planets. Again. I mean doublesabers have been around since launch and they still look so janky in cutscenes? Really?