Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Give PT/VG more DCDs

swifteatime
03.17.2021 , 09:07 AM | #1
Squishy class that everyone automatically focuses in PvP.

Requires 0 brain power at the start of each round when deciding who to target first. This is the alogrithim:

"1) Is there a VG / PT on enemy team? If yes, immediately focus them for no reason. If no, proceed to next step"

If we're going to be the focus of everyone in PvP, can we atleast have a few more DCDs. Ractive shield and adrenaline is stupidly underpowered for the amount of dmg we take in a 4v4. Better yet, remove 4v4s from the unranked rotation - no one actually enjoys them....

MagicTerror
03.17.2021 , 02:02 PM | #2
Quote: Originally Posted by swifteatime View Post
Squishy class that everyone automatically focuses in PvP.

Requires 0 brain power at the start of each round when deciding who to target first. This is the alogrithim:

"1) Is there a VG / PT on enemy team? If yes, immediately focus them for no reason. If no, proceed to next step"

If we're going to be the focus of everyone in PvP, can we atleast have a few more DCDs. Ractive shield and adrenaline is stupidly underpowered for the amount of dmg we take in a 4v4. Better yet, remove 4v4s from the unranked rotation - no one actually enjoys them....
We've become a glass cannon in 6.0 really, which I disagree should be the PT's role because it's inconsistent with their archetype as a big bad armored super-trooper, but...

Regardless, unless they're willing to nerf some of the PT's damage I think the reduced defensive CDs kind of even things out. I still want Kolto Overload to have a more significant benefit, though.

LordSitho
03.29.2021 , 02:58 PM | #3
Fine, then nerf PTs damage and get rid of their pull ability for dps specs. And as a melee class they shouldn't be able to dps from a distance.

TheRealExozone
04.23.2021 , 02:56 AM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by LordSitho View Post
Fine, then nerf PTs damage and get rid of their pull ability for dps specs. And as a melee class they shouldn't be able to dps from a distance.

The pull should never be taken away its just too cool. Otherwise the Powertech should get a complete overhaul imho. Ideally to what the PT was before: a melee/ranged hybrid. And overall much better DCD's but slightly less burst.

Enticy
04.24.2021 , 05:24 PM | #5
Hereís the thing. PT is just another in a long line of characters that deal massive amounts of damage but have a glass jaw. The glass cannon is just a fact of life. Your best bet is to use what few cooldowns you have, los your balls off, and pick your spots when determining who to attack.

Now, in my opinion, PT and Operative should swap places. Make PT the hard to kill tank, and Operative the squishy cannon. It fits their story as characters better, and makes for more consistent playstyle. Imagine if in Avengers, Black Widow was face tanking the Chitauri, while Iron Man was stabbing people from the shadows and using hit and run tactics, and youíll see why I think itís ridiculous that the PT is the glass cannon. But, make the most of it, I guess.
http://www.swtor.com/r/C5HCPD My referral link.