Do something about the stuns

Crazykidddd

I just had a match where I got cc'd 4 times in the span of ~15 secs by an assassin and juggernaut.

What you guys are essentially telling us is that having any sort of skill in this game is nearly useless bcs all you need is the armada of stuns some classes have and you're good to go.

You guys need to fix resolve or just plain remove hard stuns from pvp before you lose all of your player base. Even getting stunned twice in a row in pvp is insanely stupid.

The biggest problem with resolve is it takes forever to activate, lasts all of about 10 seconds and you're back to stunlocked. Most of the time you die by the time resolve bar hits white, and by the time you rez and come back its gone, so useless.

it's an issue for WZs. your breaker resets between rounds in arenas. so it's not too bad there.

I would like to see how the game plays with a mechanic that resets or drastically reduces your breaker's cd if you use it while white barred. white bar occurs as soon as you're stunned a 2nd time with most CC (low slash and carb are conspicuous outliers). I do often feel that I'm unduly punished for using my breaker even when I do it appropriately (with full resolve while being attacked) b/c the 2nd time it happens will usually occur before the breaker resets, so you're stuck for the full duration of two stuns...which is pretty much a death sentence.

iunno. it's at least something that should make it to PTS.

Edited by CheesyEZ

Even getting stunned twice in a row is a problem in pvp tho, any two stealth classes that want to focus you means there is nothing you can do, you're just gona sit through stunlocks which gives them more than enough time to kill you, all the more so for premades who just want to mess with people, its impossible to be able to enjoy yourself.

I think resolve needs to activate after one hard stun and last at least twice as long as it currently does.

it's an issue for WZs. your breaker resets between rounds in arenas. so it's not too bad there.

I would like to see how the game plays with a mechanic that resets or drastically reduces your breaker's cd if you use it while white barred. white bar occurs as soon as you're stunned a 2nd time with most CC (low slash and carb are conspicuous outliers). I do often feel that I'm unduly punished for using my breaker even when I do it appropriately (with full resolve while being attacked) b/c the 2nd time it happens will usually occur before the breaker resets, so you're stuck for the full duration of two stuns...which is pretty much a death sentence.

That would be interesting. And add the more someone tries to stun you with full resolve, the faster your stun break comes off CD. Then people would have to think more before spam stunning people.

Even getting stunned twice in a row is a problem in pvp.

no it isn't. that has to be the penalty for reckless use of the breaker.

the whole point is that you don't sit through two. the 2nd stun fills resolve, so you break. hence the solution with adjusting the breaker.

Edited by CheesyEZ

no it isn't. that has to be the penalty for reckless use of the breaker.

the whole point is that you don't sit through two. the 2nd stun fills resolve, so you break. hence the solution with adjusting the breaker.

Yeah, I really like that idea. It would make it more interesting and reward good play

The problem is the hard-stuns (especially with Sins and Operatives which come out of stealth) which does not break to damage, and the point second delay of CC-break with white bar. Is it a Dysnc?

Someone mentioned that it is working as intended and BW did this as a while ago.

Well put, and how very accurate. Stuns are not a good part of PvP, borderline making it downright stupid how one (good) Assassin / Op can hold of half a squad

it's not at all possible for one op to prevent 4 players from capping a node with CC. ~90% of the time, that is caused by bad play on the part of the 4 opponents. for example, it's pure ignorance to go hunting for the stealthed op while your teammate channels the node. the more players who channel a node, the sooner the op will have to break stealth and fight to prevent you from capping.

the real problem with individual ops in particular is lolroll immunity and self healing. unless you have classes who can STUN and burst the op during that STUN window, he's going to lolroll resist and los your dps combos. sleep dart isn't why an op can delay 4 players at a node. it's poor team play, lolroll, self heals - in that order.

if a sin is delaying 4 players at a node, it's purely bad play by the 4 players. sins cannot self heal, and they cannot regularly resist attacks the way ops can. sins do have more simultaneous CC than ops, but that just means they fill up the opponents' white bars quicker.

a pair or more of ops is another story and should be able to hold a CW or AHG node almost indefinitely.

on the flip side of things (this is in response to the thread as a whole not the argument I'm quoting), without stuns and mezzes (soft stuns), healers would never die (both because the healer could heal/escape and because his tank could easily guard swap/peel for him) and ops would never die, b/c the way you kill an op is to hold them in place.

I do agree wholeheartedly that the trinket/breaker should be adjusted to reward good use of it but also punish frivolous use (like breaking because you want to press an attack not b/c you're going to take life-threatening damage)

Edited by CheesyEZ

• 4 weeks later...
i

That's a very good idea.

it's not at all possible for one op to prevent 4 players from capping a node with CC. ~90% of the time, that is caused by bad play on the part of the 4 opponents. for example, it's pure ignorance to go hunting for the stealthed op while your teammate channels the node. the more players who channel a node, the sooner the op will have to break stealth and fight to prevent you from capping.

the real problem with individual ops in particular is lolroll immunity and self healing. unless you have classes who can STUN and burst the op during that STUN window, he's going to lolroll resist and los your dps combos. sleep dart isn't why an op can delay 4 players at a node. it's poor team play, lolroll, self heals - in that order.

if a sin is delaying 4 players at a node, it's purely bad play by the 4 players. sins cannot self heal, and they cannot regularly resist attacks the way ops can. sins do have more simultaneous CC than ops, but that just means they fill up the opponents' white bars quicker.

a pair or more of ops is another story and should be able to hold a CW or AHG node almost indefinitely.

on the flip side of things (this is in response to the thread as a whole not the argument I'm quoting), without stuns and mezzes (soft stuns), healers would never die (both because the healer could heal/escape and because his tank could easily guard swap/peel for him) and ops would never die, b/c the way you kill an op is to hold them in place.

I do agree wholeheartedly that the trinket/breaker should be adjusted to reward good use of it but also punish frivolous use (like breaking because you want to press an attack not b/c you're going to take life-threatening damage)

Agree completly. And against a bad team,any class can prevent ppl from caping a node. I did that many times,even with my sniper lol.