Class Changes: Concealment Operative / Scrapper Scoundrel

EricMusco

• Dev Post

Below are the upcoming changes for Concealment and Scrapper coming in Game Update 5.4.

Note: All changes below are currently in development and are subject to change before being released.

Operative

Concealment

• Acid Blade's damage has been reduced by 27.78%
  • Collateral Strike's damage has been reduced by 27.68%

Scoundrel

Scrapper

• Flechette Round's damage has been reduced by 27.78%
  • Flying Fists’ damage has been reduced by 27.68%

DevNotes: The Concealment / Scrapper discipline was dealing more DPS than intended, so we made a couple changes to shrink it down a bit. These changes allow the Concealment Operative / Scrapper Scoundrel to still deal decent burst damage while having their sustained damage output brought in line with the DPS target.

-eric

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cool

so

anything being done about "invincible 1/4 of the time" godbubble rolls? That buff is extremely OP in PvP environments. If it had a rate limit of 1min sure, but every time? You sure that's balanced?

Then again, you gave mercs 4 lives, so who knows what you consider to be fair

This is my favorite class and i feel i am obligated to say this,

Are you insane??

This only lowers the top parse by 430ish dps, so it'll be around 9900.

Edit: removed dumb claim about it's ranking. Still should be ok for most things though.

Edited by LordTurin

This only lowers the top parse by 430ish dps, so it'll be around 9900. That still puts it at the top of the burst classes.

Will actually be the lowest melee burst spec after these changes, with the only specs parsing less being the ranged burst specs (obviously), and madness. At least it wasn't completely neutered like arsenal, concealment will still be able to complete dps checks.

Edited by shyroman

This only lowers the top parse by 430ish dps, so it'll be around 9900. That still puts it at the top of the burst classes.

No? Ap over 10k. Deception over 10k. Carnage most likely over 10k after nerf, tho I can't say for sure. Rage over 10k. So lowest of all melee burst...

But then again what do I know.

On another subject:

5.3 and 5.4 class balance have been disappointment after disappointment for me. Instead of fixing utilities and allowing more classes to clear hard content, they just nerf DPS hard and slightly buff (instead of slightly nerfing and buffing hard) so people can't clear bosses they used to, and they ignore broken PVP utilities. I was so pumped for class changes, trying to voice my opinion and see what could be good, trying to get ideas with the community. Now PVE is worse off than it was, and PVP is still an unbalanced mess.

Edited by Eloi_BG

Just when Concealment FINALLY became a viable PVE DPS spec to be respected in raids in 5.0....the PVP whine steps into place....

I here the click click click of more unsubs coming. BioWare is intent on destroying the game and alienating more and more paying customers.

I really feel that they are going the right way with these recent changes, sure it hurts a bit when your favourite class is nerfed but in the end, there is something wrong when burst specs are doing same or similar DPS as the sustain DPS specs. With these adjustments to Carnage and Concealment, the burst will continue to be their defining factor but the sustained dps will be reduced. Edited by RikuvonDrake

@Eric, any statement on an eventual nerf of Concealment roll that makes it invincible ? The main problem is that it allows Concealment Operative to dodge every obstacle (like Fire Trap) in Huttball. It actually «break» the intended gameplay by making them able to just roll their way into the ennemy spawn with the ball without taking any damage from the environment, unlike every other class/spec... I don't think that the immunity to damage or PvE environment should be removed, but allowing them to take damage from PvP trap should just do the trick and make huttball more fun for everyone (and we all know that this warzone needs work and love ! One of the less optimized area in the game imo x) )

But maybe it was intended to make them able to solo any huttball match :o

@Eric, any statement on an eventual nerf of Concealment roll that makes it invincible ? The main problem is that it allows Concealment Operative to dodge every obstacle (like Fire Trap) in Huttball. It actually «break» the intended gameplay by making them able to just roll their way into the ennemy spawn with the ball without taking any damage from the environment, unlike every other class/spec... I don't think that the immunity to damage or PvE environment should be removed, but allowing them to take damage from PvP trap should just do the trick and make huttball more fun for everyone (and we all know that this warzone needs work and love ! One of the less optimized area in the game imo x) )

Operative roll doesnt give u immune to acid/fire dmg in hb, you still get 1-2 ticks (sometimes not getting any ticks tho)

Only sorc's bubble give you immune, thats retarted.

Fairly sure that reply is meant to be a different post and should be taken to the PVP thread

Edited by YaxusKu
Adding more

I really feel that they are going the right way with these recent changes, sure it hurts a bit when your favourite class is nerfed but in the end, there is something wrong when burst specs are doing same or similar DPS as the sustain DPS specs. With these adjustments to Carnage and Concealment, the burst will continue to be their defining factor but the sustained dps will be reduced.

none of that is the point. The point of this "balance" pass was not balance between classes, but balance versus all the old content that they want us to be able to complete in the next year. Or not able to complete.(us being the majority of players, not the top 1%).

Operative roll doesnt give u immune to acid/fire dmg in hb, you still get 1-2 ticks (sometimes not getting any ticks tho)

the sorc cannot move during this, and has a long cool down. want the same conditions on roll?

Well, if you end your roll inside of the acid, of course you'll take damage ^^

But if the roll begin when you're not taking damages from the trap, then you won't take damage from it until the buff wear off.

The only thing similar to this is marauder's Mad Dash, but it's mostly bugged because the traps aren't «flat ground» (devs have really big problem with movement spells that aren't used on flat ground... phantom stride, holotraverse, mad dash...)

And sorc bubble actually doesn't gives you immunity to fire or acid trap. You just die, with the awesome pose of «I surrender, plz don't hit me». I got killed numerous times because of it. ^^'

Fairly sure that reply is meant to be a different post and should be taken to the PVP thread

Why ? I thought this was supposed to be the post where we discuss and think about class balance/changes :o

Besides, I doubt that they read the PvP forum, which I can clearly understand. :/

There shouldn't be ever a gear progression in pvp... When I am 230 rating geared vs a full 248 rating stimmed guy, there is NO CONTEST whatsoever, it's like hitting with a wet paper. All it makes me feel doing is close the bloody game. Specially when the other team has ALL 8 team mates fully geared with a tank and 2 heals (whether this is random or not is not the point) vs sometimes no healer on your team and half of it only has 115k health (which means lots of things). All this equals to a GUARANTEED lost game. When I read guys saying you don't play your game, all I mentioned previously leads me to believe you don't. Honestly I don't or won't bother again to let you know I think you are wrong very wrong. And I know 5 years are gonna go by and if the game is still alive, bolster will still be on and gear gap will make this game unsufferable. And I mention this because I really like the game, I CARE!, damn it... And while I am in the typing mode/mood, fix the damn Manaan SH hooks lol, it really is disappointing some stuff you are doing. Although reading the new guy (Keith?) makes me believe this game has hope.

ADDed thought about pvp: In LEague of LEgends once you hit lvl 30, there is NO GEAR GAP, either you are good or aren't. How am I suppose to know how good I am, if my rotation is right if I hit 15 buttons and the other guys' health hasn't come down that much he just laughs in your face? I really feel BUTT HURT if you want to see it this way about pvp and what are your decisions. If you want pvp progression let it be aesthetic, as in top tier is the most amazing gear set you've ever made, or something.

Again, pvp has me very sad and yeah, it took me forever but I have 9 pieces BIS (not counting bonus stuff) in a legacy

gear set so I can be competitive with my 16 toons I like to play (specially when I am on preferred mode). And changing legacy gear 16 times is awful... and time consuming. We want to have fun, not wasting time in very low importance stuff.

Edited by ScarlettDiablo

Below are the upcoming changes for Concealment and Scrapper coming in Game Update 5.4.

-eric

y tho

Just when Concealment FINALLY became a viable PVE DPS spec to be respected in raids in 5.0....the PVP whine steps into place....

I here the click click click of more unsubs coming. BioWare is intent on destroying the game and alienating more and more paying customers.

you do realize that concealment does far less damage in PVP than PVE due to having to use defensive abilities, right? this is a PVE nerf.