New Chapter: Visions in the dark - Post your thoughts

Shwarzchild

My opinion on it was the chapter was really good. First one I can say I really enjoyed since we started the one a month cycle. The feel of it was what got me I think. Had a good tip of the ice berg type feel with some good dialogue. Felt very star warsy to me.

Now to spend the rest of my time trying to get the Rishi Arena to pop cause arenas are awesome, and good lord have I been looking forward to that new one.

• Replies 495
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just one thing. ...

Did they introduce that Semi Khem Val?

Haven't played it yet, but wanna know. I fear the worst.

I haven't done the alliance alert so I don't know what companion is coming back yet. The chapter does not introduce a new comp by itself.

Edited by Shwarzchild

So far I've done just the Chapter itself, not the alerts and other stuff and I had a wonderful time. I genuinely enjoyed it. I think the only thing that made me frown a little was..

The [Flirt] that showed up when first speaking to Satele, lol.

I enjoyed it, except from the typical alliance personnel bickering at the end (if its not one person its another...sigh) that's kinda starting to ware on me slightly.

It's starting to make me think that everyone from Zakuul is full of ****.

Seriously, Senya, what do you THINK happens during wars? Little too much like Koth for my liking.

It's starting to make me think that everyone from Zakuul is full of ****.

Seriously, Senya, what do you THINK happens during wars? Little too much like Koth for my liking.

I actually found it funny that she was blaming Kaliyo for blowing up parts of Zakuul, when technically I gave the order to send it sky high! And yeah, she is eerily starting to turn out like Koth. I hope I get to kill both of them at some point, maybe not so much Sinya, but Koth at least. I just hope she doesnt fly off the wall like he does in a later chapter....

I actually found it funny that she was blaming Kaliyo for blowing up parts of Zakuul, when technically I gave the order to send it sky high! And yeah, she is eerily starting to turn out like Koth. I hope I get to kill both of them at some point, maybe not so much Sinya, but Koth at least. I just hope she doesnt fly off the wall like he does in a later chapter....

I suspect they are saving her for when we confront her kids.

I suspect that'll be a mess.

As a chapter it was good.

However it seems the choice you make at the start is pointless.

More annoying is that 12 chapters in and it is yet to feel like we are at war. It seems this is going to be the most drawn out war story ever know cause despite being at war we recruit, recruit and then have a day dream and build a weapon.

Which is going to get worse, as the next chapter is helping an old con man steal some treasure, seriously I'm all for stealing some treasure but hows about we actually fight in a war and star seeing some conflict and not more sneaking around Zakuul (the least guarded planet in the galaxy) and start fighting. And for the love of the force, if we are sneaking in lets have Nico flying us in, I hired the best smuggler in the galaxy and I've yet to see him fly me anywhere!

And finally though this is more of an issue with the whole Kofte, you move the world on 5 years, reset power bases which is all good if you considered telling a story about why the dark council member would be heading to Makeb to deal with Hutts. And then you put them in charge of an alliance, only no one in the alliance ever listens to you and turn them into the chosen one who is destined (if you believe that stuff) to rule the eternal empire. Which can't happen unless the game is going to be changed to a strategy game which is about moving your armies around.

I'm curious though, what was the chapter like on a non-Force user?

Did you still get the lightsaber? how did they explain that?

I thought it was a rather good chapter

Edited by Weezuz

I'm curious though, what was the chapter like on a non-Force user?

Did you still get the lightsaber? how did they explain that?

You get a special AC appropriate weapon. Scene/feeling isn't really as "epic" when your commando is standng there welding his special assault cannon but I guess it kinda works lol.

You get a special AC appropriate weapon. Scene/feeling isn't really as "epic" when your commando is standng there welding his special assault cannon but I guess it kinda works lol.

Is it a modable adaptive weapon, or did they stick with the items that will be useless later as in previews/test?

Also, is Vitiate Sue still haunting the character?

Edited by Max_Killjoy

Is it a modable adaptive weapon, or did they stick with the items that will be useless later as in previews/test?

Yes, the weapon is moddable, has a special "Equip: grants special ability based on your decisions" flavor text that (more flavor text) "make it significantly more powerfull when facing Arcann".

As far as Vitiate, there is kinda a plot develpoment re that but I assume is the same for every class.

Edited by aeterno

Good Chapter.

NON-HIDDEN SPOILER!

We got offered a couple of choices which were kinda hard for me make. I just couldn't decide..

Mainly because i didn't know what it would do. (Which makes sense)

This Chapter might not appeal to all player tho. I already noticed when i looked at the General Chat after i was done.

This Chapter is more Lore/Story and not Action based. We had a couple of interesting fights but even they were more ment for the lore/story if you know what i mean.

Still don't know what impact the different kind of lightsabers have

It was hard for me to do what they told me to do.. I mean, i'm playing a dark sith character.. loyal to the emperor even after everything he has done. And i just couldn't stop playing dark eventho they wanted me give that up.

I didn't choose the last dark side option tho which in itself is pretty awesome that you can do that. I was so afraid of the impact this would have, that i didn't do it - which i regret a bit.

Overall however i must say i have so many unanswered questions.. especially because of all the choices.

Still.. great chapter.

Edited by Focusangel

Good Chapter.

NON-HIDDEN SPOILER!

We got offered a couple of choices which were kinda hard for me make. I just couldn't decide..

Mainly because i didn't know what it would do. (Which makes sense)

This Chapter might not appeal to all player tho. I already noticed when i looked at the General Chat after i was done.

This Chapter is more Lore/Story and not Action based. We had a couple of interesting fights but even they were more ment for the lore/story if you know what i mean.

Still don't know what impact the different kind of lightsabers have

It was hard for me to do what they told me to do.. I mean, i'm playing a dark sith character.. loyal to the emperor even after everything he has done. And i just couldn't stop playing dark eventho they wanted me give that up.

I didn't choose the last dark side option tho which in itself is pretty awesome that you can do that. I was so afraid of the impact this would have, that i didn't do it - which i regret a bit.

Overall however i must say i have so many unanswered questions.. especially because of all the choices.

Still.. great chapter.

I'm really curious myself what that last option would do.

should help with the peeps who want to be evil because that somehow makes sense.

I actually hope that choice comes back to bite those that take it, because it really is a stupid thing to do.

It's moddable. And, no, V. Sue (whichever V it is) decides to go chase force butterflies for a bit; which was a bit of a shock to my JK.

I was somewhat impressed, actually - while the bar was low, the chapter definitely exceeded my expectations. At the very basic level, it was a series of short-line railroads as far as pathing (though you could avoid a certain amount of trash mob fights if you worked at it; but the decision points were ... interesting and thought-provoking; and allowed for as large a degree of RP as any of the class story missions from launch. (Though, obviously, you only get one instead of 8). I am really regretting only having one other character queued up for this right now; and it's a light-side consular who will only make minor changes in choice for the playthrough. I may drop what I'm doing on my Trooper and either run him through SoR chop-chop or say the heck with it and jump straight to KotFE.

It felt "Star Wars," possibly as much as anything else in the game has. Without having a non-Force-user handy, I can't evaluate how it'll feel there; that could go well, or very badly.

My opinion on it was the chapter was really good. First one I can say I really enjoyed since we started the one a month cycle. The feel of it was what got me I think. Had a good tip of the ice berg type feel with some good dialogue. Felt very star warsy to me.

Op TBH this was my thoughts exactly. It didn't feel incomplete or rushed. I am really looking forward to more than one run thru as the choices now seem to have much larger consequences.

I was a bit bummed by the lightsabers stats (first run was a DS Lightning Sorc, but then I realized it was mod able and the buffs were from the hilt!! Huzzah! So I popped in my 216's and away I went!

So thank you Bioware, well done.