Spirit of Vengeance

Hello. I tried to complete SoV for several hours but I can't beat it. I'm lvl 75 amd my gear is 276-304 lvl(maybe not top, but it's a SOLO STORY mode, ***). I'm stuck at last boss when she summons 5 silver mini-bosses. My companion doesn't heal me if I set his role to heal and die fast if I set his role to tank. And I REALLY want to do next FP "Secrets of the Enclave" because I like to continue a story and I also really like Malgus. Any possibility I can skip SoV and begin SotE? I couldn't find out on my own but may be I'm missing something. Or can I invite my friends to SOLO-STORY flashpoint?

And pls don't tell me "getgud". If I wanted challengeI would play Dark Souls or something else. SWTOR is a pure story game for me and I've done all previous content without any troubles so why I must suffer and grind gear just for 1 boss. Maybe some players want the challenge even in story but I think story mode should be completable for all players.

And pls don't tell me "getgud". If I wanted challengeI would play Dark Souls or something else. SWTOR is a pure story game for me and I've done all previous content without any troubles so why I must suffer and grind gear just for 1 boss. Maybe some players want the challenge even in story but I think story mode should be completable for all players.

I'm sorry, but my main response to yet another thread about SoV would be along the lines of 'getgud'.

The fact that "for you" the game is pure story, doesn't mean that for the rest of the players and/or BW that the game is just story.

Also, the SoV story mode is completable by all players, no matter what "you think". ๐Ÿ˜‡

I'm sorry, but my main response to yet another thread about SoV would be along the lines of 'getgud'.

The fact that "for you" the game is pure story, doesn't mean that for the rest of the players and/or BW that the game is just story.

Also, the SoV story mode is completable by all players, no matter what "you think". ๐Ÿ˜‡

ย 

I think SoV is not complateble by all players and many threads here and at Reddit confirm my words.

Also solo-story mod should be completeble for all players. If you're looking for challenge, turn on veteran or master mode

I think SoV is not complateble by all players and many threads here and at Reddit confirm my words.

Also solo-story mod should be completeble for all players. If you're looking for challenge, turn on veteran or master mode

1. There's is a difference between "completed" and "completable". Many people, for various reasons, have not completed SoV, but it is still possible to complete it. (Not counting that some players may have actual physical impairments.)

2. Who are you to tell me that I have to group in VM or MM to have a challenge? ๐Ÿ˜‡

As a sub, it's my right to have some challenge in solo mode. ๐Ÿ˜

(And I did appreciate the challenge of SoV. It was good to run up against something I couldn't sleepwalk through. ๐Ÿ™‚ )

Edited by JediQuaker

"not complateble by all players" is catastrophically ambiguous. It could mean either of:

* Completable by nobody. ("Not-completable" by all players)

* Completable by some but not by others. (not "completable-by-all-players")

ย 

Depending on silly things like which side of the Atlantic you say it. (These forums are on both sides of the Atlantic, and also pretty much any other part of the planet, except maybe places with strong national firewalling, e.g. China, North Korea, etc.)

ย 

"Completable by nobody" is clearly incorrect. I know this for a fact because I, myself, have completed it, and more than once, and on at least a couple of characters who played it the same week it released, when it was tuned slightly higher than it is now. None of them had set bonus gear of any use, but did have gear at 304/5 or either false or true 306.(1)

ย 

"Completable by some but not by others" is, in an absolute sense, definitely true - I would not expect a 95% blind triple-amputee who can only move one finger on the remaining hand to be able to finish it, for example - but I don't think you mean that.

ย 

Once again, as I did with another poster in another thread about how impossible SoV is unless you have perfect gear and perfect technique (I have neither, not by a long way, and I can do it), I ask you one question:

ย 

"What if I want a challenge *while* I advance the story?"

ย 

Possibly the most important thing to note is that people said stuff like this about Umbara, about Copero (especially the Guardian Droid outside the entrance to the cave full of ramps and stuff), about Nathema Conspiracy (notably the spinning thing and the Voreclaw, although every single one of my characters has just stood there and taken the output of the spinning thing on the chin because doing otherwise seemed like too much work), and before that about KotET Chapter IX (the Vaylin fight, often described by complainers as "impossible" and "this is a formal complaint").

ย 

I'm left wondering what the people complaining *today* about SoV thought of those things.

ย 

(1) False 306 is where the Item Rating in the top of the character panel says 306, but at least one piece of gear isn't fully 306. (E.g. one Enhancement at 304 suffices to change "true" 306, where everything is really 306 to "false" 306.)

It's been broken for >6 months and the person who kept saying this FP is broken for solo story mod casual players has left the forum. You won't get any suggestion other than "get good" here since BW is not going to do anything to this FP any more, so "get good" is the only viable option.

ย 

Try running some Vet Mode FP. Just tell ppl you are new. Watch and learn how others do it. Get higher gears AND get used to more intense fight. Both help a lot dealing with the last boss in SoV where you need to react pretty quick to the situation.

ย 

I just edited a Wikipedia to say that I'm a billionaire. So...I guess that must be reality now, right? Awesome.

ย 

Also solo-story mod should be completeble for all players.

ย 

Nope; it should be able to be completed by most players...just like everything else in the basic game. And, spoiler alert - it is. The fact that there's not a giant wave of people screaming about how "completely impossible" the FP is will attest to that.

ย 

If you're looking for challenge, turn on veteran or master mode

ย 

If you're looking for a handout, try a different game. (See how that logic works when it's just flipped around? Triggered ya, didn't it? Yeah, it did. Try a different approach, rather than telling the majority of players who've managed to beat the "impossible" flashpoint to change the way we play. You're having the problem; fix it on your end.)

I waited over a week after release to do it. I can't quite remember if I got it as a random FP in GF first or if I did the solo story first.

ย 

I can say that even with the level 1 default companion at the time I was able to complete it without much issue.

ย 

HOWEVER, as a player with both a lot of pvp and HM experience in 306 rated gear with a highly customized interface of course it shouldn't give me much of an issue. I've got defensive cooldowns on hotkeys and have options if my companion goes down.

ย 

But while changes have been made I still think it's overtuned for story.

ย 

Shadow of Revan gave us the "jesus bot" that basically could do everything.

Companions were eventually changed so they could perform any role.

We no longer have to gear companions but instead invest our resources into building their influence.

ย 

The companion Ai was never "great"

There are bugs that have been around for years.

There are bugs that weren't around years ago.

ย 

Story mode was meant to be accessible to even the most "casual" player. Just the other day a new guildie was raging as he kept failing to complete some basic story content. Luckily someone was kind enough to offer to help. There's definitely a point where you can't make things easy enough because eventually the player doesn't learn anything at all.

ย 

But SoV came after players were long conditioned to rely on the companion for solo content. I think my comp died 2-3 times my first time in, and despite being in a healing role at level 1 he was fodder if he managed to pull threat given the large groups.

ย 

With the minimal difficulty found in most of the story, it should be no surprise that people struggle when that trend is changed abruptly. I don't think it should be adjusted to be brain dead easy but to be more in line with everything else at that difficulty level.

I waited over a week after release to do it. I can't quite remember if I got it as a random FP in GF first or if I did the solo story first.

ย 

I can say that even with the level 1 default companion at the time I was able to complete it without much issue.

ย 

HOWEVER, as a player with both a lot of pvp and HM experience in 306 rated gear with a highly customized interface of course it shouldn't give me much of an issue. I've got defensive cooldowns on hotkeys and have options if my companion goes down.

ย 

But while changes have been made I still think it's overtuned for story.

ย 

Shadow of Revan gave us the "jesus bot" that basically could do everything.

Companions were eventually changed so they could perform any role.

We no longer have to gear companions but instead invest our resources into building their influence.

ย 

The companion Ai was never "great"

There are bugs that have been around for years.

There are bugs that weren't around years ago.

ย 

Story mode was meant to be accessible to even the most "casual" player. Just the other day a new guildie was raging as he kept failing to complete some basic story content. Luckily someone was kind enough to offer to help. There's definitely a point where you can't make things easy enough because eventually the player doesn't learn anything at all.

ย 

But SoV came after players were long conditioned to rely on the companion for solo content. I think my comp died 2-3 times my first time in, and despite being in a healing role at level 1 he was fodder if he managed to pull threat given the large groups.

ย 

With the minimal difficulty found in most of the story, it should be no surprise that people struggle when that trend is changed abruptly. I don't think it should be adjusted to be brain dead easy but to be more in line with everything else at that difficulty level.

ย 

Iโ€™m in the same boat. I beat this flashpoint with my Fury Mara the day it was released, and I had no problem whatsoever. Yes, the comp was virtually useless, but I also had fully optimized 306 gear, a full set of purple augs, a massive amount of HM/PvP experience, and an even more experience with my spec and class (Fury Mara was the first thing I ever played in this game).

ย 

Yes, story mode should be accessible. But at that point in the game, it should also be a challenge. Hell, parts of the KotFE/KotET expansions were challenging on story mode. While I generally donโ€™t like echoing the โ€œgit gudโ€ sentiment, Iโ€™m still going to say that eventually people need to learn about mechanics, DCDs, interrupts, and maximizing their dps. You canโ€™t just expect to coast through the whole game on the back of your companion.

Edited by Enticy

How is this complaining about SoV still going on?

ย 

1) it's not hard at all in Solo/Story. I did it when it 1st came out and it was a lot harder the with all the actual bugs in it, and if your struggling with it now after the bug fixes and nerfs, you may want to look at your class abilities better and learn what does what.

ย 

2) if you haven't even read the dev tracker they mentioned thinking of adding a God bot to this FP, so at this point, why bother complaining about this? In case you need a link to that post by the devs here you go. https://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?p=9949818#edit9949818

Edited by Toraak

The only people who should be struggling with this are young kids, probly under age 10, or people with physical/mental handicaps that would (understandably) make it hard for them to perform well. Anyone else having problems should make room for the possibility that you just "suck". I mean that with all due respect, of course.

• 2 weeks later...
The only people who should be struggling with this are young kids, probly under age 10, or people with physical/mental handicaps that would (understandably) make it hard for them to perform well. Anyone else having problems should make room for the possibility that you just "suck". I mean that with all due respect, of course.

ย 

We got our wish. We can finish it now. They fixed it. I'm so sorry of all the emotional anguish this will cause you. I mean that with all due respect, of course.