How do you chase in ranked?

TheOverMind-

I feel everytime it's being almost impossible to know where a sin or maras is hidding to regen and get back. I'm not like prum illuminati that knows every time where people is.. Is there any tips or trick about that? I click on the name but when I try to find them it's too late they got full hp. Edited by TheOverMind-

No in all seriousness there are a couple of tricks I use.

1) What class are you playing? Some classes are easier to chase. Operatives, assassins, marauders, snipers are all really good classes to chase. Otherwise you might have a hard time chasing.

2) You can try to reveal a assassin with WHITE DAMAGE attacks that will go through shroud like sniper suppressive fire, assassin lacerate, marauder maddash + sweeping lightsabers. But if you don't get them out quickly, just give up and spend your time doing more productive things.

With that said.... chasing marauders is easy to do if you use a couple tips.

3) Before the marauder stealths out it's good to put a dot on them right before they stealth. This will make it easy to find them on the map and keep them in combat for a little longer.

4) Position yourself in the middle, and preferably top of the map. If you're playing on a map that has multiple floors, always position yourself on the top floor. For example, if a marauder stealths out in in Makeb Mesa go to the middle of the bridge and wait. That way when the marauder comes out of stealth, you can get to them quickly no matter where they are in the map. Pro tip: If you play an operative or sniper, roll off ledges to get maximum distance on your roll.

5) When they come out of stealth, click on their name. In their character tray next to their class should be a number showing how far of a distance they are away. I move my character in random directions once I have their distance. If the distance gets larger then I know I'm going away from them. If the distance is smaller I know I'm getting closer to them.

6) Use your minimap. When the marauder comes out of stealth a red dot will appear. And zoom out if you have to.

7) If you play an assassin or marauder you can use a stealth out early to chase the target. That way they don't see you coming.

8) Predict where they will go. Most marauders stealth and run to the same spot. Play the game long enough and you know which marauders like which spots.

Edited by septru