if you thought low/mid pvp was already horribly balanced.....

meddani

Yeah and my post got removed also because I had quoted yours. WTH Community Support? DEV fragile egos are getting hurt by all the negative feedback they are getting regarding this new change. Way to go guys.

Yes BallisticKaine, I remember you warning me they couldn't handle harsh criticism, you were correct. It's a real shame the PVP forums have turned into an echo chamber, consigned to the dustbin of the BW developers.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The cone of silence is always Biowares approach to controversial changes they know will be unpopular. They go silent and hope the rage dies down. I was hoping JackieKO would not become trapped in the Bioware culture so fast. But it seems she has, which is a shame and why communication has dropped off again. I’d happily be proved wrong, Jackie? :rolleyes:

The only evidence of them caring that would satisfy me would be a major balance patch.

I wonder how they decide on doing stupid changes like that...

The only universe this change would make sense in is if they're planning to fire 60% of their staff and they know if pvp participation drops any further it will never pop again in like 5-6 months.... so something like a damn stupid precaution because the time left for finetuning simply isn't enough.

Either that or they just took one too many of their "happy pills" - even "I only ever play pve" people which i assume all of the playing devs are, can't think that this was a smart choice...

It just doesn't make any sense... even pve flashpoints are unlocked by level, although you get bolstered, some content you simply have to few skills to play comfortably, boosted or not.

And then you think a character with all skills and almost ideal stat ratio is at the same level as a level 16 with not even 1 implant yet...?

stupid stupid stupid....

I wonder how they decide on doing stupid changes like that...

The only universe this change would make sense in is if they're planning to fire 60% of their staff and they know if pvp participation drops any further it will never pop again in like 5-6 months.... so something like a damn stupid precaution because the time left for finetuning simply isn't enough.

Either that or they just took one too many of their "happy pills" - even "I only ever play pve" people which i assume all of the playing devs are, can't think that this was a smart choice...

It just doesn't make any sense... even pve flashpoints are unlocked by level, although you get bolstered, some content you simply have to few skills to play comfortably, boosted or not.

And then you think a character with all skills and almost ideal stat ratio is at the same level as a level 16 with not even 1 implant yet...?

stupid stupid stupid....

Once again with the simple logic.

Bioware, if your players can easily see how illogical this step was, why can’t you?

Just created a level 1 toon to try to see if I can queue PVP due to their patch notes, "1-74 and 75". It said I need to be level 10 to queue. Thank god for that, not sure how I feel about a level 1 Sorc with Shock and Saber Strike in WZ....

Still, this is a terrible change and looks like they also mess up minor detail like writing proper Patch Notes.

Indeed, this is a terrible change :(

How can a level 20 something toon go against a level 50/60/70 something toon?

You simply don't have enough skills and most of the time you will get steam rolled... :mad:

I've been playing a couple lowbies - in the level 20's since the patch and it is just now terrible... I used to enjoy the lowbie PvP, but it isn't enjoyable anymore with this change when you get matched against higher levels like 50+ in the WZ's :(

Only reason I could see BioWare doing this for was to boost WZ pops for sub 75's, but without thinking of the consequences and that the cost of that change will be too high overall!