BW you have to have more PO Daily options.

EllieAnne

Do you really expect us to enjoy farming these Daily POs when so many are farming the same objectives? How many different daily POs are there? No world bosses? A small variety of planets that we farm 75 bugs? And why always bugs? Why not have a PO be, for example, Voss nexu, mouvorrs and vorentikis? I can barely run Ossus dailies since so many people are farming Ossus bugs and I need to kill 3 Captains. Why are you forcing so many players to compete for so few objectives?

I can answer the "why always bugs?" part: the theme of this season is centred on the new companion, who is a Kubaz.

Kubaz are insectivores - they eat bugs - so centering it on bugs seems logical, if tedious. I spent a good chunk of time yesterday on Voss doing Sha'claws. (There's a reasonably productive loop in Serenity Valley, near the Pilgrim's Retreat taxi point that you use to go up to the Shrine of Healing.)

Edited by SteveTheCynic

I can answer the "why always bugs?" part: the theme of this season is centred on the new companion, who is a Kubaz.

Kubaz are insectivores - they eat bugs - so centering it on bugs seems logical, if tedious. I spent a good chunk of time yesterday on Voss doing Sha'claws. (There's a reasonably productive loop in Serenity Valley, near the Pilgrim's Retreat taxi point that you use to go up to the Shrine of Healing.)

While seemingly logical reason, it’s is boring ASF after just couple of weeks and this is going to continue for 5 months?

Why are you forcing so many players to compete for so few objectives?

I simple answer to that is to make the GS last longer.

Unless they went to some system where you could only pick one PO from a list (for example), people would do all of the available POs each day/week. I mean, if there was say, 6 daily PO's to "choose from", people would just do all 6.

Even now, they throw in GSF or PvP POs to give the PvP'ers an option, and people complain about being "forced" to do PvP, instead of just doing the ones they like.

... I spent a good chunk of time yesterday on Voss doing Sha'claws. (There's a reasonably productive loop in Serenity Valley, near the Pilgrim's Retreat taxi point that you use to go up to the Shrine of Healing.)

Alternatively, you can farm (reset, repeat) the instanced imp side heroic "Ancient Guardians" which has 10 Sha'claws. You just have to wait for the 2 minute reset timer.

i think it would be good.. as has been suggested... if they didn't give us all the same daily PO's to do each day...

when EVERYBODY has to kill 75 insects on a specific planet where they are kind of hard to find... there will be times when you end up with (say) 10 people looking for 750 insects at the same time in a small part of the planet.. and there aren't that many insects at one time... so the competition for them make us HATE each other!

another possible way to do this is have like 6 possible PO's.. but restrict us to picking 2 day... that will spread out the players...

the once-a-day re-roll feature helps.. so how about 2 of them? .. even allow us to SAVE up re-rolls we don't use.. this gives the player more control (without damaging the reward system).. and again would result in not everybody going after the same goal in a possibly very frustrating way...

Alternatively, you can farm (reset, repeat) the instanced imp side heroic "Ancient Guardians" which has 10 Sha'claws. You just have to wait for the 2 minute reset timer.

LOL killing trash in an instance and repeatedly resetting to complete a daily objective is what I'd call compelling and engaging content - NOT.

This is also why there is a paid skip.

GG Bioware - you've gotten me to unsub, again.

Edited by DawnAskham

So if the companion eats bugs...do we get EXTRA influence with this companion as opposed to others? or is it just for role play or to fit storyline with no other purpose.

While seemingly logical reason, it’s is boring ASF after just couple of weeks and this is going to continue for 5 months?

we are entering tomorow after the reset the week 4 challence.

and that it took 3 weeks is all fast when a lot get boring with it all.

and not forget that after week 5 that the challence go back to week 1 agian so the boring part will only become more and more.

and the complain about the galectic season will only become more and more.

so that it needs a big chance thats for sure.

There is no reset timer if you right click your portrait and go “reset phase”.

I got the bug squashing one three days in a row, didn't do this once, and finished in about a half hour on all three days, once I found my little farming spot. It actually took me longer to do it on Balmorra the first week, due to the sheer number of people in the Heroic zone where the colicoids live.

Edit:

i think it would be good.. as has been suggested... if they didn't give us all the same daily PO's to do each day...

when EVERYBODY has to kill 75 insects on a specific planet where they are kind of hard to find... there will be times when you end up with (say) 10 people looking for 750 insects at the same time in a small part of the planet.. and there aren't that many insects at one time... so the competition for them make us HATE each other!

another possible way to do this is have like 6 possible PO's.. but restrict us to picking 2 day... that will spread out the players...

the once-a-day re-roll feature helps.. so how about 2 of them? .. even allow us to SAVE up re-rolls we don't use.. this gives the player more control (without damaging the reward system).. and again would result in not everybody going after the same goal in a possibly very frustrating way...

We don't all have the same objectives every day. The simple solution to more than one person in a particular area is to group up and kill 'em.

Edited by robertthebard

So if the companion eats bugs...do we get EXTRA influence with this companion as opposed to others? or is it just for role play or to fit storyline with no other purpose.

I guess you could call the "theme matching" a sort of minor role play. There certainly isn't any particular storyline involved. And no, there's no extra influence.

Kubaz are insectivores - they eat bugs...

It is kind of funny actually. For years people used bug hunts to power level during double XP events and how the theme of the season is a galaxy wide bug hunt.

We don't all have the same objectives every day. The simple solution to more than one person in a particular area is to group up and kill 'em.

i don't know for sure we have the same PO's every day (apart from re-rolling).. but i think the point is they should create many, many of them and give them out to us randomly per player each day to spread us out more... so we are not competing with one another as much...

and not everybody is comfortable grouping.. but if they are.. that is a good solution...

i don't know for sure we have the same PO's every day (apart from re-rolling).. but i think the point is they should create many, many of them and give them out to us randomly per player each day to spread us out more... so we are not competing with one another as much...

and not everybody is comfortable grouping.. but if they are.. that is a good solution...

The fact that you can reroll to something different indicates that there is, in fact, more than a couple of different objectives for everyone. The last three days of the last cycle, I had to squash bugs. But in the first four days, it didn't come up once, for me, despite Voss chat going nuts about them while I was doing the Heroics, which did come up.

There's still probably a few people around who were doing KP farming for renown points. That was group content at it's best because you actually needed to have 10-16 ppl in the group to do it. But killing mobs, exiting and reseting the phase was considered "unintended" way to play the game, and poof - KP mobs were gone with the wind. And so was the group content where you could even go with gearless noobs.

Now, if they'd follow their own logic, they should either remove the sha'claws from the instance or make them not count, because exiting and reseting the phase is not something we are supposed to do - their words, not mine. Some people even called the KP farm an exploit, probably because they didn't want to do it themselves and didn't want anyone else to benefit from it either. That's how things get handled in this game: group of people who don't want to play some content, claim it's an exploit and demand that content to be nuked in order to get an upper hand on whatever points they are grinding themselves.

The fact that you can reroll to something different indicates that there is, in fact, more than a couple of different objectives for everyone. The last three days of the last cycle, I had to squash bugs. But in the first four days, it didn't come up once, for me, despite Voss chat going nuts about them while I was doing the Heroics, which did come up.

There are 8 different daily objectives, 6 of which are pve. Since a player can do up to 14 daily objectives in a week, 8 is not enough variety. There are also only 5 different weeks which will get recycled within the 5 months this season will last. (Week 5 only has 7 objectives unless Vulkk has a mistake.)

I just hope that for season two, thay add in accual story to the daily options. As in compleate 2/3 purple quests. That way it can be any level passed 15 as this is min requirement for conquest. Could be anything from chapter 1 all the way up to the story FP thats just come out. Edited by DreadtechSavant

There are 8 different daily objectives, 6 of which are pve. Since a player can do up to 14 daily objectives in a week, 8 is not enough variety. There are also only 5 different weeks which will get recycled within the 5 months this season will last. (Week 5 only has 7 objectives unless Vulkk has a mistake.)

It wouldn't matter. We can search up the first few pages here, and find at least one thread about how easy the game is, or how fast leveling is. Now we get something that requires a minimal amount of effort, and I'll bet we find some of the same posters complaining that it's not super easy to do, such as the Voss general chat last week. Something that I found ironic, because if they'd devoted half the time to actually searching up some bugs, and squashing them, as they put into complaining about the bug squashing, they'd have been done, and gone. How do I know? Because it happened to me three days in a row last week, and I didn't have to reset a heroic to accomplish it. One out of the three days that I did wind up squashing bugs, I didn't do any heroics, and I was done in under 45 minutes.

I'm not sure how many objectives you'd find "acceptable"? I'm also not sure how adding more would prevent people pulling the same objectives as someone else? It doesn't matter how many are available, you'll still only get a max of three per week on weekly objectives, 2 with one re-roll, and a max of 21 daily objectives per week, 2 per day with one re-roll, per day. Since each week has a theme, the pool is going to be limited anyway, and the number won't do anything about variety, it'll just lead to more "forcing us to do the same content over and over" threads. As I type this, I had just responded to another thread that suggested the cure for GS was to do just that, make it another DvL or class missions or leveling a toon from 1-75. How does one do any of those? Running the same content again.

I do agree more options would be better, especially after that one day of Voss bug farming: I found the 'prime' pilgrim-area route quite quickly after doing the heroics and only getting 8 (didn't know you could reset and farm heroics until much later), but so had ~12 others, and the constant "where bugs pls?" in chat told me somewhere else, which I tried and found zero bugs there, so went back to my original spot with still double digits of others. It wasn't hard to compete, but it wasn't nice. Normally, when there's competition for objectives/mobs, an unspoken queue system forms, with people yielding to the one who got there first or was waiting on the spawn, but this was brutal, with folk racing to get in first and tag while someone was mid cast or stealthing up. It was just so much more rude than players normally are. I tried not to sink to that level, but an hour later, with my original competitors gone and new blood employing the same lack of manners, I had to treat like with like, which I'm sure made others feel the same as I did and contribute to the devolution of etiquette. Sure, once I stopped caring about other players and manners and established spawn rules, I got it done in the 20ish minutes as advertised, but I did not enjoy the experience. Comparing that to Balmorra, where you'd struggle to farm out the insectoids even with multiple players tandem farming, and so politeness does not need to come at the expense of your own experience, it just feels like a poorly chosen objective for Voss. Sure, resetting heroics 'solves' the problem, but it doesn't exactly feel like intended gameplay, so shouldn't be a reason to deem it a non-issue.

I do think each "kill X of Y mob on planet Z" PO should have multiple planet options, and the X amount variable between planets based on that planet's population. 75 insectoids on Balmorra is not equal to 75 insectoids on Voss, so maybe 25 on Voss. But at the very least, adding more PO options in (once the current options are bug-fixed and stable) would dilute the player numbers somewhat and make it less...competitive on less dense mob-pop planets.

I do agree more options would be better, especially after that one day of Voss bug farming: I found the 'prime' pilgrim-area route quite quickly after doing the heroics and only getting 8 (didn't know you could reset and farm heroics until much later), but so had ~12 others, and the constant "where bugs pls?" in chat told me somewhere else, which I tried and found zero bugs there, so went back to my original spot with still double digits of others. It wasn't hard to compete, but it wasn't nice. Normally, when there's competition for objectives/mobs, an unspoken queue system forms, with people yielding to the one who got there first or was waiting on the spawn, but this was brutal, with folk racing to get in first and tag while someone was mid cast or stealthing up. It was just so much more rude than players normally are. I tried not to sink to that level, but an hour later, with my original competitors gone and new blood employing the same lack of manners, I had to treat like with like, which I'm sure made others feel the same as I did and contribute to the devolution of etiquette. Sure, once I stopped caring about other players and manners and established spawn rules, I got it done in the 20ish minutes as advertised, but I did not enjoy the experience. Comparing that to Balmorra, where you'd struggle to farm out the insectoids even with multiple players tandem farming, and so politeness does not need to come at the expense of your own experience, it just feels like a poorly chosen objective for Voss. Sure, resetting heroics 'solves' the problem, but it doesn't exactly feel like intended gameplay, so shouldn't be a reason to deem it a non-issue.

I do think each "kill X of Y mob on planet Z" PO should have multiple planet options, and the X amount variable between planets based on that planet's population. 75 insectoids on Balmorra is not equal to 75 insectoids on Voss, so maybe 25 on Voss. But at the very least, adding more PO options in (once the current options are bug-fixed and stable) would dilute the player numbers somewhat and make it less...competitive on less dense mob-pop planets.

The problem with running to the zone that's being advertised in chat is that everyone is running to the zone that's advertised in chat. I didn't touch the Pilgrim's Retreat region either. The Crafted Blight has a decent amount of bugs, and an easy to establish route.

I've never had to wait long for insectoids to respawn. And if you think too many people doing a PO move to the PVP instance. And BTW tonigh doing Ziost dailies the place was dead. And I dont mean because of the former Emperor.

I have only done insects on Voss once and then with a random group of other people who realized it made no sense to have to try to beat people to the spawn when we could all be in same group.

Edited by RameiArashi