What will happen after Galactic Seaons?

Kingsburyyy

You will keep them. They are a shared currency for all upcoming Seasons:

Galactic Seasons Tokens

We have seen a lot of questions regarding Galactic Seasons Tokens and if they will or will not expire at the end of a Season.

We do not intend to reset these Tokens at the end of any Season. Galactic Season Tokens are meant to be collected and shared from Season to Season. They are a permanent currency for any and all Galactic Seasons now and in the foreseeable future.

https://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?p=9946716#edit9946716

Edited by Phazonfreak

https://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=993922

Hi all,

We wanted to take this opportunity to discuss some of the feedback we have received regarding Galactic Seasons and provide some answers and clarification, insight into our goals and how we addressed some of the issues which have popped up early this Season. This is going to be a large delve, so let’s dive right in!

Season 1 End Date

Our current plan has always been for Season 1 to last 5 months. Given the Season 1 start date of April 27th, that would put the end date for Season 1 in the September time frame, however we acknowledge we never stated the official end point.

Season 1 will end on Tuesday, September 28 at 12:00PM GMT. This information will be available on the Galactic Season screen in an upcoming update

IN The “Best View In SWTOR” Contest Article

https://www.swtor.com/info/news/article/20210921

So for me January 4th is an launch date (but as always it can be subcject to change)

You are misunderstanding the meaning. They are saying that the rewards will be available between the release of the expansion until January 4th. Therefore the expansion will come at the beginning of the celebration, which will set it to some time in december.

You mean the game that melts graphics cards? Wow, what a treat, can't wait etc. :rak_01:
It was a hardware issues specific to EVGA FTW 3090 cards. No other card was affected. It was uncapped frame rate in main menu that bricked that specific type of card from that specific manufacturer. EVGA has fixed the issue and people with bricked cards got replacements https://www.pcgamer.com/evga-explains-why-some-of-its-rtx-3090s-were-blowing-up-in-new-world/

Amazon Game Studios immediately patched the main menu to cap frames.

Edited by Falensawino

damn didnt know it was going to end so soon...no warning or surprise i thought it was a glitch then i come here. finally get time to play and now im ****ed out for it. thanks!

They added a dev forum post and a (albeit bugged when browsing) timer to the Galactic Seasons screen three months ago:

Season 1 End Date

Our current plan has always been for Season 1 to last 5 months. Given the Season 1 start date of April 27th, that would put the end date for Season 1 in the September time frame, however we acknowledge we never stated the official end point.

Season 1 will end on Tuesday, September 28 at 12:00PM GMT. This information will be available on the Galactic Season screen in an upcoming update

Edited by Phazonfreak

I've got a question about once the seasons end in a few days. Will all my tokens be removed if l don't spend them within this season or can l keep them for the next season as well?

Thanks.

Tokens are still there and can be used even once the season ends. Also can be kept for season two's rewards. Any unclaimed season items are sent to the first character to login on any given server via email.

damn didnt know it was going to end so soon...no warning or surprise i thought it was a glitch then i come here. finally get time to play and now im ****ed out for it. thanks!

No warning?

Actually it said the end date in game on the page the season rewards are shown. Also listed in the Dev tracker when the season began. So no warning? is not correct.

However sorry if you did not manage to go though the season due to work. I was pretty much in the same boat about two weeks in, as started a new job.

did i mention i wasn't able to play as much until just recently?

No, but it doesn't change the fact that there was a warning both on the forums and more importantly ingame on the Galactic Seasons screen itself.

Nevertheless I must reprimand the devs for not fixing this bugged timer when browsing the screen during the first Season, since it contained critical Information.

Edited by Phazonfreak

With 7.0 sometime this holiday season, which more than likely means December.

Have they actually made any official reference to when it will start? If not, this does seem like a good guess based on what they do with PVP seasons.

I was actually surprised when I logged in and all references to galactic seasons were suddenly removed from the game. I expected season 2 to start immediately or to get a placeholder saying it was on hiatus with some idea of when it might start up again.

Didn't they say before Season 2 was release they were going to put on the PTS first, so that might be the reason it has not been release on live yet and probably closer to December.

Never mind found the answer:

Q: Will Season 2 be available on PTS prior to launching?

A: Yes, we do intend to have some version of Season 2 available for testing, however it will be in a later PTS phase.

https://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=996429&highlight=season&page=6

Edited by casirabit

Didn't they say before Season 2 was release they were going to put on the PTS first, so that might be the reason it has not been release on live yet and probably closer to December.

Never mind found the answer:

Q: Will Season 2 be available on PTS prior to launching?

A: Yes, we do intend to have some version of Season 2 available for testing, however it will be in a later PTS phase.

https://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=996429&highlight=season&page=6

Ah ha! Thanks!

Is this why the 2nd tab is missing now from my Login Rewards? I logged in day 4 and normally I would also be able to click on the 2nd tab to claim a reward there, but that tab is gone now. I didn't get to claim the reward. It would have been nice to allow us to log in on our day 4 and still be able to claim the prizes on the 2nd tab as well instead of just removing it. What about our progress?

Is this why the 2nd tab is missing now from my Login Rewards? I logged in day 4 and normally I would also be able to click on the 2nd tab to claim a reward there, but that tab is gone now. I didn't get to claim the reward. It would have been nice to allow us to log in on our day 4 and still be able to claim the prizes on the 2nd tab as well instead of just removing it. What about our progress?

the first character you logged in after season 1 ended should have received all unclaimed galactic seasons items in the mail.