Galactic Seasons 2 and Activity Finder on PTS!

JackieKo

Boosting to 80 does completely and utterly defeat the purpose of testing the levelling experience.

Player - "Oh yeah levelling was soooo easy cus I just played through the whole story starting at level 80."

Devs - "Ok great we got literally no feedback at all! Here have a reward!"

It's ridiculous but it's not as if the earlier PTS stages were clear about what to test anyway.

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Dev Post
I have been levelling a character and doing all of the story/expansions for the pts rewards. Other than having a few floating heads with no bodies or weapons and no bodies, it has been pretty smooth. Until now. I run through the cutscenes before the FP "Objective Meridian", the loading screen for the FP comes up but when it finishes I am standing on fleet outside of the instance, there is no "complete flashpoint: Objective Meridian" quest in my log, just the story quest to finish the FP and I am locked out. There is nowhere I can find where I can pick up the quest. I have tried resetting the quest, same problem. Reset the quest, FT to a few places and try again, same problem. I reset, logged to desktop, restarted the game, went through the cutscene again and still come up with the same issue. This is a game breaker for me, as the sole reason for me wanting to do this FP is so I can finish the achievement that will get me the rewards. If anyone has a fix for this, I would appreciate some input.

Hi all,

The above quote is from a different thread, but I wanted to add the clarification here to keep the achievements discussion in the same thread where I posted about them. I will also update the OP's thread as well.

Due to Objective Meridian being a blocker, we are shifting the completion requirement for the complete expansion story achievement:

• For Republic players, completing "Race to Refuel" will satisfy the requirement.
  • For Imperial players, completing "The Failsafe" will satisfy the requirement.

Thank you!

Due to Objective Meridian being a blocker, we are shifting the completion requirement for the complete expansion story achievement:

• For Republic players, completing "Race to Refuel" will satisfy the requirement.

Thank you!

O.o How is that a shift? That is what you originally posted was the requirement.

Hi all,

The above quote is from a different thread, but I wanted to add the clarification here to keep the achievements discussion in the same thread where I posted about them. I will also update the OP's thread as well.

Thank you!

Welcome back from vacations. I found this answer so .... sigh. You dont need that FP to complete those achievements.

Welcome back from vacations. I found this answer so .... sigh. You dont need that FP to complete those achievements.

No, it was stated in a post from 17th of December that the final mission to get the expansions story achievement is "Failsafe"/"Race to Refuel". They shouldn't be shifting it only now, as an afterthought.

Terrible communication of requirements.

No, it was stated in a post from 17th of December that the final mission to get the expansions story achievement is "Failsafe"/"Race to Refuel". They shouldn't be shifting it only now, as an afterthought.

The requirement was shifted from "The Failsafe" or "Race to Refuel" to "The Failsafe" or "Race to Refuel." There was no change.

They are not shifting anything my friend, i recommend you to read the original post and the last one. But yes, i totally agree in the terrible communication part.

would be nice to finally know how long exactly the PTS will be up to finish these achievements... "early January" came and went...

The original PST post said mid January so I'm hopeful that they intend to keep it open for MLK weekend so people get a long weekend to try to churn through a ton of objectives.

Hi all,

More details about the rewards and titles that can be earned during this PTS phase can be found here! To clarify some information:

• Progress made against these goals have been tracked since the last time PTS was wiped and brought back online, so that would be since the 8th.
  • Completing the class story is measured by having the “Complete Act 1, 2, and 3” Achievements of the same class
  • Complete all expansion Story content means all expansions currently existing (pre-7.0). You must have completed the following Achievements:
    • “Revenge of the Archon” or “Taking on Toborro”
    • “Facing the Shadow” or “Confronting the Shadow”
    • “Complete Chapter XVI of KOTFE”
    • “Complete Chapter IX of Eternal Throne”
    • “The Race to Refuel” or “The Failsafe”

For completing group content, here are a couple of windows of time where we have seen a lot of activity:

• EU playtime window: 12:00pm - 2:00pm CT / 6:00pm - 8:00pm UTC
  • NA playtime window: 6:00pm - 8:00pm CT / 12:00am - 2:00am UTC

I hope above the info has been helpful.

What would really be helpful would be getting rid of the Win or Nothing aspect of PvP. THAT would actually help.

Sorry, but I've to emphasize that the rewards for participating on the PTS to achieve all of these is ridiculous. You are asking your fanbase to spend several hundreds of hours of everybody's time to get the rewards? It just took me ~30 hours to rush through the main game's class story to reach level 50. It's practically impossible to playtest the group content (at least with the char at lvl 50 - while listing for ~8 hours today and another ~4 hours listing for space battle yesterday, all group contents which opened was one FP instance).

I completed all requirements in about 30 hours. Could have done it in 20 if more prepared and stealth class. Really wasn't that bad, just boring.

• Dev Post
Hello everyone!

More details about the rewards and titles that can be earned during this PTS phase can be found here!

Hi everyone,

Wanted to clarify some info about the mount reward. Unlike its original predecessor, the MK-90 Holo-Log Mount will run at regular speed.

Thank you

Hi everyone,

Wanted to clarify some info about the mount reward. Unlike its original predecessor, the MK-90 Holo-Log Mount will run at regular speed.

Thank you

Will there be a way to verify that our accounts are eligible for the rewards? I did everything listed, but...there's always the thought in the back of my head that I did something wrong.

Will there be a way to verify that our accounts are eligible for the rewards? I did everything listed, but...there's always the thought in the back of my head that I did something wrong.

Some clever person created this thread in which we can document proof (screenshots) of completing various achievements/objectives since things have gone a bit wrong in the past.

Hi everyone,

Thank you

It would have been nice to know this from the outset. Good luck to those who are trying for it.

Do we have to do each and every Heroic weekly (example: Taris, Tatooine, Hoth, and Belsavis) or can we just do one of them in order to qualify for rewards?

I took it to mean any weekly for heroics but odds are you will want to do more just to grind for your 322 gear.

Do we have to do each and every Heroic weekly (example: Taris, Tatooine, Hoth, and Belsavis) or can we just do one of them in order to qualify for rewards?

Can we please get a Dev clarification for this? I assume you only need one, since they rotate weekly, but I would hate to miss out because I was mistaken. Any additional information would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Can we please get a Dev clarification for this? I assume you only need one, since they rotate weekly, but I would hate to miss out because I was mistaken. Any additional information would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

It was clarified a month ago. https://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?p=9990510#post9990510

Regarding the weeklies, completing any of each of the PvP, Heroic, and Flashpoint Weekly Missions will suffice. You don't have to worry about ranked vs unranked, mode, or playing with both factions.

Some clever person created this thread in which we can document proof (screenshots) of completing various achievements/objectives since things have gone a bit wrong in the past.

I wonder what idiot thought this was a good idea. (Joking ofcourse)

I just thought it was a good idea to share this and have evidence incase anything goes wrong.

Hi everyone,

Thank you

Hey hi, Jackie!

Question, is there anywhere we can track some of this in the game? I know we can track some of the achievements, but others (pvp, heroics, etc) are a bit more nebulous. It would be lovely to know for sure that we're all set.

Thanks!