Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Official Q&A Thread for April 20th, 2012 Q&A Blog Post

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Official Q&A Thread for April 20th, 2012 Q&A Blog Post
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

MelodicSixNine
04.07.2012 , 02:41 PM | #111
Speeders... well speed. A lot of players complain that they don't even can be considered speeders, but golf carts. This doesn't feel like anything what we have seen in movies or other SW games(examples from movies: Doku traveling on his bike or speederbike chase scene from RoTJ).
Are you even considering boosting the speed of speeders?

Darlgon
04.07.2012 , 02:44 PM | #112
Just a followup on one or both of these for the Scoundrel class.

PerfectDuke: Are you really removing the giggle/laugh for scoundrels when Upper Hand procs in Game Update 1.2? As a healer, having the audio cue is great for focusing on... well, healing. Especially if the proc comes off of my hot, slow-release medpac.

Austin: The change was intended to prevent sound fatigue when lots of these procs were going off in a small area (especially in operations). We are looking into ways of making this proc more visible going forward.

Zilvra: I have a level 32 Scoundrel Scrapper. I am already having problems killing my on level bosses due to the 1.1 nerfs. What will the 1.2 nerfs do to me in PVE? It seems really unfair to the purely PVE players when the nerfs hit?

Austin: Many of the class story bosses are intentionally very difficult. This is something that all classes face and is not unique to Smugglers. The fact of the matter is that Scrapper DPS is closer to target in 1.2. Understandably, if you were already struggling with an encounter, you may view this as an undesired change. For clarity, we don't agree that this is "unfair" for "pure PVE" players as the changes are not meant to (despite popular perception) specifically target PVP over PVE.

Can we get a button in the options interface to turn on and off the giggle? .. I first found it annoying. When I figured out it was granting me Upper Hand, "Well gosh golly Goober, me loves the maniacal laughter now." A little explanation of WHY the laugh is happening in the description might help some.

With the Scrapper, which I do not have, How the heck is he supposed to heal himself or his companion on a 5-10 min boss fight if you only let a DPS class which has to use a tank companion only ONE heal pot in that time frame?

BattleFries
04.07.2012 , 02:48 PM | #113
When I made my first Smuggler character, I made a Scoundrel, unaware that the 'take cover anywhere' ability was limited to Gunslingers. I've found similar surprises when choosing advanced classes, such as a Sith Inquisitor having increased Force capacity. I was wondering if you might include passive abilities like this in the descriptors when choosing an advanced class, as well as an "Are you sure you want to choose this Advanced Class?" type of thing to make sure that we don't accidentally make a choice that then requires a replay through the first ten levels.

Thank you for your time.

Krycek
04.07.2012 , 03:09 PM | #114
So for those of us who have braved the waters of near insanity and achieved Legacy level 50, any word on what might be in store for us? We've had a few hit this benchmark in the last couple of weeks and were hoping for an awesome title or something, heck even something as fitting as "too much time on your hands" would have been nice, lol, but we got nothing for this monumental achievement. Any word on what might be coming for those who have invested a lot of time into the Legacy system already?

Thank you.

Lymain
04.07.2012 , 04:05 PM | #115
My Sniper has two accuracy debuffs - Diversion and Flash Powder. In duels with a friend, the character window shows that they stack and work on force/tech attacks. However, while some force attacks did "miss" while these debuffs were active, it seems that they aren't nearly as effective as the tooltips and character window would suggest. Does 45% force accuracy not mean that force attacks will miss 55% of the time? Is there there a hard cap on accuracy debuffs behind the scenes?

Farho
04.07.2012 , 04:29 PM | #116
Along with 1.2 Armstech will get the most useless augments + chance to craft augment slot weapons for 1 slot of the least used classes. It doesn't take a lot to see Armstech is left far behind of all crafting skills.

Question: will Armstech ever see the light? What can be done to improve the use of Armstech?
50 Sawbones Scoundrel - EU Dxun Battle Circle

Fizen
04.07.2012 , 04:35 PM | #117
Is it possible to add lock out for flashpoints, similar to how OPS are shown.
It would be nice to be able to have a quick look and say to a group 'sorry but I'm not able to do FP blah for another hr'
~Antitrust Dirtnap~
Guardian - Dalborra

Aelflaed
04.07.2012 , 04:45 PM | #118
I'm afraid this has been answered, but if so, I haven't seen it... Are the class stories continuing? Companion stories?

(Ok, I need more Blizz story... I made my BH solely to get a jawa, & he is amazing.)

imzo
04.07.2012 , 04:58 PM | #119
i have multiple characters on another PvP server then the PvE server i play on now. that server is now virtually desolate and those characters are rotting waiting for server transfers. my question is, those characters have a legacy already and if they can be transferred to my current PvE server of choice how will the legacy name and exp gained be worked out for all characters on the server?

Danichonie
04.07.2012 , 05:01 PM | #120
Is there any way to check your total game time played?