How many Strongholds are we allowed to have active at once?

Jerqa

Hello everyone,

I just bought the Yavin 4 Stronghold. I thought we could only have 4 total activated, however when I bought the Yavin 4 I now have 5 showing. Did they up the amount of strongholds?

Thank you :)

Yes. You can have 5 strongholds, which can be one of each stronghold.

If you're a guild leader, you can also have a guild SH and a flagship.

The Road Map will be released any day now. Hopefully they'll announce a new, 6th stronghold.

yes it is 5. They increased it with Yavin. I sure help they do so again. I need something else to decorate and all my strongholds are regularly used for guild rp. So it is not like I can take any of them Apart on a whim.

yes it is 5. They increased it with Yavin. I sure help they do so again. I need something else to decorate and all my strongholds are regularly used for guild rp. So it is not like I can take any of them Apart on a whim.

They didn't increase it *with* Yavin, but some time after, because they needed to be sure they could handle the extra data load of N strongholds per player, where N is bigger than four.

• 4 years later...
Wow! only 5 and they add more to buy but you have to deactivate to obtain. :( I wanted to get Carrick station penthouse. So I deactivated one and still couldn't buy it. Back when you could get those beginning city strongholds for each character and not lose them I got them on new toons. :( I now have 10 since I deactivate 1 so I won't ever be able to get the penthouse one. Because I have the Alderaan, Maanan, Rishi, Tatooine, and Yavin 4 along with 2 Kaas, a Nar Shaddaa, 2 Coruscant. So deactivating the Coruscant's and Kaas' still would not be able to purchase it. So why do they keep adding them and not raise how many you can have. just not right. Edited by Phaewalker
added info

Wow! only 5 and they add more to buy but you have to deactivate to obtain.

Good Lord, no, it hasn't been only five for *years*! The limit is currently, I believe, fifteen, but I might be wrong. Either way, it's way more than just five. Bear in mind that the posts above were made in the middle of 2017.

:( I wanted to get Carrick station penthouse. So I deactivated one and still couldn't buy it. Back when you could get those beginning city strongholds for each character and not lose them

When was that? Really. I've been here since before strongholds were even in the game, and DK and Coruscant were never "one per character". You can buy them both, but only once each, and it was *always* like that.

I got them on new toons. :( I now have 10 since I deactivate 1 so I won't ever be able to get the penthouse one. Because I have the Alderaan, Maanan, Rishi, Tatooine, and Yavin 4 along with 2 Kaas, a Nar Shaddaa, 2 Coruscant. So deactivating the Coruscant's and Kaas' still would not be able to purchase it. So why do they keep adding them and not raise how many you can have. just not right.

If you have two Kaas and two Coruscant, that would be because you had DK and Coru on multiple servers before November 2017, and those servers got merged together. They let us keep all the duplicates rather than trashing them.

Wow! only 5 and they add more to buy but you have to deactivate to obtain. :( I wanted to get Carrick station penthouse. So I deactivated one and still couldn't buy it. Back when you could get those beginning city strongholds for each character and not lose them I got them on new toons. :( I now have 10 since I deactivate 1 so I won't ever be able to get the penthouse one. Because I have the Alderaan, Maanan, Rishi, Tatooine, and Yavin 4 along with 2 Kaas, a Nar Shaddaa, 2 Coruscant. So deactivating the Coruscant's and Kaas' still would not be able to purchase it. So why do they keep adding them and not raise how many you can have. just not right.

You can have them all but having 2 of DK And Coruscant may restrict you as those were carry overs from another server but you cannot' purchase 2 of each on the same server. The carry overs were from servers being merged.

I have them all and still have room for the Republic penthouse (since I already have the imperial penthouse), including the train (Umbarra) one. You can only buy one of each, per server, but they are open for all your characters.

The penthouse strongholds do require special tokens to purchase though which you get from the Galactic Season and we only got enough tokens to purchase one last season and therefore the other one will have to wait till season two starts. I have to get one more token when season 2 starts to get the one on the republic fleet.

"The Legacy Stronghold limit of fifteen will rise up to twenty with the release of SWTOR 6.3. This is most likely done due to the addition of the two new Fleet Apartments, part of the Galactic Seasons system."

https://vulkk.com/2021/04/26/swtor-6-3-changes-overview-and-patch-notes/#:~:text=Still%2C%20the%20following%20are%20interesting%20and%20important%20to,is%20one%20of%20the%20largest%20in%20the%20game%21

Edited by casirabit

Game update 6.3 increased stronghold limit from 15 to 20.

https://www.swtor.com/patchnotes/04272021/game-update-6.3

Not counting the server duplicate rubbish, you can technically own one of each stronghold - 11 currently. More likely the 11th is probably one you will have to wait for more tokens to drop in Season 2.

https://imgur.com/a/GNCJ5F4