Some Warrior ideas

ChrisBlackSith

In case the devs even read this forum, I wanted to share a few ideas how to improve the Warrior class. I main a SW, so I will write from that perspective, but obviously, the ideas apply to JK as well.

ANNIHILATION does good DPS, both ST and MT, but suffers from poor spec design.

1. Insufficient rage generation.

It's not as hopeless as Carnage, but Spiteful Saber and Dispatcher's Package are required to basically enable the spec, meanwhile Fury and Vengeance suffer from no rage issues at all, even without implants/tacticals. So, I think Hemorrhage (20% chance for a dot tick to generate 1 rage) should be buffed to 30%. The spec has 3 dots, so 30%. Makes sense, doesn't it?

2. Useless procs.

Pulverize (20% chance on a dot tick to double the damage of the next Dual Saber Throw) buffs an ability that appears to have been designed for little more than pulling. The existence of the proc shows lack of ideas.

Swift Demise (50% chance that Annihilate will boost the damage of Vicious Slash or Vicious Throw by 5%, stacks to 2) is even more pointless. Occasionally taking even half a minute to boost the damage of the basest, weakest ability by such a tiny amount? Even if you can spend that proc on a Vicious Throw instead, it's still weak and unremarkable.

Those procs should be replaced with ones that affect more meaningful abilities, like Annihilate or Force Rend.

3. Annihilate needs a rework.

The stacking buff that reduces its cooldown should be removed as it penalizes downtime, and replaced with a CD reset proc.

Devious Wounds (+3% dot damage for 4.5 seconds after using Annihilate) is a joke. Just look at those numbers. They are meaningless. At least make it 10% for 10 seconds or something like that.

4. Juyo is the weakest lightsaber form passive.

It needs six attacks to provide the same damage increase as Venegeance's Shien Form, which also provides a 5% melee damage boost and damage reduction, 15% movement speed boost and 1 rage refund. At least make Juyo stack to 5 times, 2% damage increase per stack. It should also cause attacks to apply a weak dot, similar to Plasma Vanguard.

5. Force Fracture has no business existing.

A weak filler that deals more damage per dot on the target? You have to lose one dot ability to get FF in the first place and it is not a good trade. It's a dot spec. You want dots. Dots are good.

6. Deadly Saber and Force Rend could use shorter cooldowns.

10 seconds down from 12. You spend way too much time simply spamming Vicious Slash. Sounds like something more appropriate for Fury.

7. The worst Berserk effect out of the three specs.

6 dot TICKS are going to crit, meanwhile Fury generates 12 Rage over 6 seconds... You should make it also last 6 seconds for Annihilation, during which all dots crit.

8. AoE improvement.

Since Annihilation does AoE in the same way as Vengeance, it could be given its own version of Vengeful Slam, like "Annihilating Slash". A fitting animation would be like a superpowered Sweeping Slash, or a tornado like the final part of Blade Barrage, only more vertical.

CARNAGE needs a complete overhaul.

1. The main issue is NOWHERE. NEARLY. ENOUGH. RAGE GENERATION.

What do you do? You add a tactical that INCREASES RAGE CONSUMPTION. If you don't know what to do with the spec, here's a band-aid: Ataru Strikes generate 1 rage. Massacre's buff should last longer, say 10 seconds. As for Berserk, as above, it should grant +30% alacrity for 6 SECONDS, not 6 attacks.

2. Wasted potential.

There are 3 passives that affect Devastating Blast and it seems unnecessary. They should be consolidated to make room for more.

RAGE - not much to complain about, except the fact that it is the ONLY melee spec that does not have access to a passive 15% speed boost... Looks like Patch 7.1 brings some welcome changes to the spec, PLEASE remember about this one...

There is one issue that has been bugging me ever since I started playing. f there is one thing I hate about SWTOR, it is the animation of Raging Burst as a Rage Jugg. It just goes against the laws of nature.

The whole point of using ONE weapon is so that your other hand is free. Free to be used for grappling, support during defensive maneuvers and UNLEASHING FORCE ATTACKS. What is the point of putting your right-hand weapon into your left-hand to release the attack with your right hand, only to put the weapon back in your right hand...? There is already a fitting animation for Raging Burst: FORCE PUSH. As Fury, it could then be changed to that of Devastating Blast.

I'M BEGGING YOU to fix that T.T

VENGEANCE is the best designed, most complete Warrior spec, but there are some details that I would like to address.

1. Warmaster should also provide the effects of Brawn for ALL Jugg specs. It makes little sense why only Vengeance has access fo FULL CC IMMUNITY, when it looks like all Marauder specs are getting it in 7.1 as well.

2. Vengeance could also use a small ST DPS boost, but one that affects only direct damage, as buffing dots would also buff our already monstrous AoE. If you say a spec does not have to be good at everything, I say you're right, but I also say Hatred Assassin xD

3. And lastly, in order to complete this picture of a survivability-oriented damage dealer who is a master of damage-over-time (Bloodmaster), Vengeance should be given self-healing through dots, like Annihilation.

Oh, and for the Force's sake, the animation of Ravage was once changed, when it is Force Scream that truly needs a change. I understand different preferences and all, but it's not even a scream, it's a BURP and the sound effect confirms that... JKs enjoy their awesome Blade Storm, and Warriors burp at their enemies... Similar to Ravage, the animation of Force Scream should be more... electrifying, with an appropriate sound effect.

A Warrior can only dream, I guess...

Edited by ChrisBlackSith
Remembered some details.