Guild Ship/Stronghold Training Room

HunterJoseph

One of the issues that have plagued operations since inception is being able to find enough people to fill a group with the proper make up and gear. We have a full 8 person raid team, but we still have a small amount of guild personnel that want to raid, but do not know the mechanics or the understand the fights. So in order to teach them we have to get a 7 other people that do know the fights together outside of normal raid times in order to teach this one person, and that is inconvenient to say the least.

So now that operations have been nerfed to oblivion in order to accommodate the pugs that cannot fit into a guild raid team but still want to do the operations, and operations no longer serve a purpose other than achievements because they do not drop anything related to gear anymore, I was thinking about how operation training could be implemented.

Adding a training deck/room on the guild ship/stronghold (unlockable for a ton of credits of course) that allows you to pick an operation, and then a boss from that operation, the operation size (8 or 16) and difficulty (SM, VM, MM), and what roles you are filling with actual players, and then spawn in an instance of the selected boss from that operation at that size and difficulty (complete with proper environment and mechanics), but you would not need a full 8 or 16 person group, you can go in by yourself or with just a few other players, and have the training droids (like you get in SM FPs) fill the roles you are missing (tank, dps, and heals) and the training droids would all be min-max gear rating, and maybe you can choose what class they mimic (Shadow Tank, smuggler heals, etc).

This way players can try new role positions (tank instead of running dps all the time), and only take the players that need to learn or also take some with a trainer, or just go explore the mechanics anytime they want so they can get a feel for what the operation is like without having to group up for it. No rewards (just like in real operations) or anything like that.

This stems from me enjoying teaching people operation mechanics, but it never fails, every guild I have been in the same problem comes up. We have a raid team, they raid all the time, we run random raids to fill in the people that are not on the raid team, yet, there are always those outliers that end up missing out, because they work weird ours, or just can't make it a majority of the time. This would provide a helpful way for them to learn and experience the bosses in the raids without all the hassle of grouping up for it, that way, when they do have the time on their own, or I have the time to train them, we can just run in and do it without bothering anyone else, or trying to setup some schedule to accommodate them.

Edited by HunterJoseph

I agree completely. It would be so much easier to run fights with this kind of training area! Especially later fights- if a group needs practice on the third fight of an operation, why make them waste time on fights 1 and 2? Furthermore, this would make guild flagships even more valuable- and you could add some training-specific decorations to make a cartel market profit. Everybody wins!