Maintenance: May 16th, 2017

EricMusco

• Dev Post

Hey everyone!

We will be taking the servers offline on Tuesday, May 16th in order to perform back end updates. As there are no client-side changes, there won’t be a version number or download associated with this maintenance. SWTOR.com will also be down during this time.

Details:

DATE: 16 May 2017

TIME: 5:00AM - 9:00AM PDT (1200 - 1600 GMT)

VERSION: N/A

Thank you for your patience as we maintain Star Wars™: The Old Republic™!

*** BIOWARE is every Tuesday to be a maintenance day with no patch or content or class balance.

Would be nice, IF they could fix the bugs/probs. Them going for month or two between bringing servers down in the past was crazy for an MMO.

Should do like WoW. Down every Tues for maintenance & server resets. Clears up the bugs & issues.

Hey everyone!

We will be taking the servers offline on Tuesday, May 16th in order to perform back end updates. As there are no client-side changes, there won’t be a version number or download associated with this maintenance. SWTOR.com will also be down during this time.

Details:

DATE: 16 May 2017

TIME: 5:00AM - 9:00AM PDT (1200 - 1600 GMT)

VERSION: N/A

Thank you for your patience as we maintain Star Wars™: The Old Republic™!

Why can't we take down servers earlier like we did in the past. Here is a example of one maintenance back in 2013. I think these were so much more convenient to your player base.

On April 24th, all game servers, SWTOR.com, and the launcher will be unavailable as we perform scheduled maintenance. Game Update 2.0.1 will be implemented during this downtime. Details are as follows:

Date: Wednesday April 24th, 2013

Duration: 5 hours

Time: 2AM PDT (9AM GMT) to 7AM PDT (2PM GMT)

Edited by Resputin

Why can't we take down servers earlier like we did in the past. Here is a example of one maintenance back in 2013. I think these were so much more convenient to your player base.

On April 24th, all game servers, SWTOR.com, and the launcher will be unavailable as we perform scheduled maintenance. Game Update 2.0.1 will be implemented during this downtime. Details are as follows:

Date: Wednesday April 24th, 2013

Duration: 5 hours

Time: 2AM PDT (9AM GMT) to 7AM PDT (2PM GMT)

Would you know it that was one of my reasons for cancelling the sub? Took up my WHOLE Aussie evening. So. Like. No. For the love of God NO! NO NO NO NO NO NO NO. I miss central *standard* time because it meant 12am my time rather than 10 pm. But I can handle 10pm. Not going to pay for a game that's always down on Tuesday evening from 5pm until whenever. It was usually midnight. So no. Please no. I can't reiterate no enough. And yes I put that in the reason you're leaving space. :p

Are you maybe testing new possibilities for cross-server queues and such? You figured out a way to do it, but have to test it very thoroughly first to ensure it really works?

Please oh Mighty Ptach let this be the reason for all the maintenance downtime lately.

Are you maybe testing new possibilities for cross-server queues and such? You figured out a way to do it, but have to test it very thoroughly first to ensure it really works?

Please oh Mighty Patch let this be the reason for all the maintenance downtime lately.

Good to be hopeful, but the way servers are dying out and with win10 update glitches that swtor hasn't fixed, I think this is very low on the "road map".

I'm bit confused on GMT-time: It says it begins at 12 GMT (I live in GMT +2, British summer time +3), so the maintenance should begin at 14 GMT local time here, but then, the last maintenances have began at 15 GMT here, instead of 14, if the time difference is taken into account. I'm wondering that is the time wrong, like should it be 13 GMT (+/- 0), or does it really begin at 12 GMT (it would be 14 GMT/2 pm here then) or at hour later since we're in summer time?

I'm bit confused on GMT-time: It says it begins at 12 GMT (I live in GMT +2, British summer time +3), so the maintenance should begin at 14 GMT local time here, but then, the last maintenances have began at 15 GMT here, instead of 14, if the time difference is taken into account. I'm wondering that is the time wrong, like should it be 13 GMT (+/- 0), or does it really begin at 12 GMT (it would be 14 GMT/2 pm here then) or at hour later since we're in summer time?

Last week's maintenance started at 13.00 here in the UK. So should have been 15:00 for you.

All The Best

how do you get 12 hours it is 4 like always come on people quit complaining and enjoy the game :rak_04:

His snarky comment was based on last weeks experience, when the servers were down for maintenance for 4 hours, came back on line a few minute earlier then stated, and then Harbinger did a slow roll into the full belly up death pose.

That said, I agree with you that people need to just chill. Most times maintenance goes as planned, sometimes #$%@ happens and it takes longer.

Last week's maintenance started at 13.00 here in the UK. So should have been 15:00 for you.

This is why we were were trying to get them to include one of those "What time is it in my time zone when it's 'x' time elsewhere?" links in their posts. Tait did it a couple of times but for some reason stopped.

Example:

Start: http://www.worldtimeserver.com/convert_time_in_UTC.aspx?y=2017&mo=5&d=16&h=12&mn=0

End: http://www.worldtimeserver.com/convert_time_in_UTC.aspx?y=2017&mo=5&d=16&h=16&mn=0

His snarky comment was based on last weeks experience, when the servers were down for maintenance for 4 hours, came back on line a few minute earlier then stated, and then Harbinger did a slow roll into the full belly up death pose.

That said, I agree with you that people need to just chill. Most times maintenance goes as planned, sometimes #$%@ happens and it takes longer.

That has not been the recent experience with SWTOR downtimes, Harb last week spiraled to death.

Last patch was extended by a large amount, whomever replaced Keith in the server maintenance team seems not up to the task given.

The server performance seems to be deteriorating after each backend maintenance.

Each patch seems to break more things that is fixed in them.