Leave my companions alone...

Every time I start one of these "great" story missions with a character I'm losing half my companions. Wouldn't be too bad if I didn't need my lvl 50 comps for crafting. And usually there's atleast one I can't get back via the terminal. That's one of the main reasons I wont touch these missions with a ten foot pole. It can't be that hard NOT to remove them. There isn't even a reason behind it. People spend real money on leveling these guys (luckily I did not) just for you to remove them and make us jump through hoops to get them back for each character. That's incredibly bad design.

I guess since the 7.0 update complaints are winding down, we can expect some necro'ing of oldie but goodies. 🙄

But seriously, by now it should be perfectly easy for you to find out which companions come back, and when. It should be easy enough to plan your "influencing" to concentrate on the companions you want/need/are available. The temporary loss of crafting during these times is ... temporary. 🤔

Edited by JediQuaker

It should be easy if you remember which one is missing. Which is it's own challenge in the flood of comps we have by now. Sure in the grand scheme of things it might not seem like a big deal. But having to visit that stupid, slow working console every time you dare playing through a story on a character that uses it's companions is a massive waste of time.

Is it the most pressing issue in the game? Definetly not, but the fix should also not be that hard. Just don't remove companions from the crafting menu.

It should be easy if you remember which one is missing. Which is it's own challenge in the flood of comps we have by now. Sure in the grand scheme of things it might not seem like a big deal. But having to visit that stupid, slow working console every time you dare playing through a story on a character that uses it's companions is a massive waste of time.

I'm not even sure what you're trying to say here.

You should only need to visit that "stupid, slow console" once to recover 'all' the companions that are available. Others show up during the story.

As far as crafting goes, there's no particular need to use any specific companion for crafting (except for CM companions). So a quick Google about which comps come back when, should inform you of which companions to put your influence into.

I'm not even sure what you're trying to say here.

You should only need to visit that "stupid, slow console" once to recover 'all' the companions that are available. Others show up during the story.

As far as crafting goes, there's no particular need to use any specific companion for crafting (except for CM companions). So a quick Google about which comps come back when, should inform you of which companions to put your influence into.

What I meant is that I sometimes don't remember which 8 companions I had leveld up to 50 on that particular toon, so when there's still one missing after I retrieved all I can through the terminal,I have no idea which mission to do for the particular one taht's not there, because I don't know who it was :D. But I admit, that's something I could prevent but just marking them down before starting the story.

Also if you play through the story on more than one character it gets very boring very quickly to have to go through these console choices again and again. Sure, I know it's my own fault I use crewskills on every single character I have. And I already have them leveld up to 50, that's the problem, I know I can check where they return etc, but that doesn't help me at all. I'm not interested in leveling up yet another set of companions on many of my toons, just because the game loves to waste my time. I just don't get the reason for this design, the least the terminal on odessen could do is have an option to return all of them at once, so I don't have to scroll through the same dialog again and again and again.

Was it a threat created in frustration in order to vent? Yes it was, and by ow I of course already fixed the issue and enjoyed the story. But the knowledge that I'd have to repeat the process again for the next toon will probably prevent me from doing exploring the alternative choices. Not worth the hassle.

You can look it up the class companions online (5 per class). Each side gets a ship droid, a different one for Republic and Empire. There's HK-51 and Treek. Those are the only ones available before starting Fallen Empire, so it's possible to figure out which 8 companions you had. Your feedback is valid though and Bioware learned from it. Basically, they promised to never take companions away again and haven't done that since.

What I meant is that I sometimes don't remember which 8 companions I had leveld up to 50 on that particular toon, so when there's still one missing after I retrieved all I can through the terminal,I have no idea which mission to do for the particular one taht's not there, because I don't know who it was :D. .

Make a list like everyone else does :p Seriously, I'm not joking; I have colour coded charts and many others have spreadsheets. Considering the great companion massacre/purge/pisstake happened with KotFE nearly 7 YEARS AGO now and every possible rant/moan/ragequit has been done, I think you're a bit late with the "don't take my companions" etc., etc.

As someone said - grab them back from the terminal if you need your level 50s. It doesn't affect the story in any way.