Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

BioWare’s Post in PTS section. RE gearing feedback changes.

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
BioWare’s Post in PTS section. RE gearing feedback changes.

Ghost_Spectre
01.27.2022 , 05:57 PM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by TrixxieTriss View Post
I’ll sign up for FFXIV to see how that goes for a bit. I may or may not be back as a subscriber.
I know they have Oceania up and running; however, if you want to play with myself and brother, we're on Aether/Adamantoise. We can get you up to speed and help you navigate the game & ARR.
Stryker Gaming Ltd & Creative Vision Games
Stryker Gaming Live Stream: Stryker Gaming TV
Free 7 day sub: Referral Code

StrykerGamingLtd FB page

TrixxieTriss
01.27.2022 , 06:44 PM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by Ghost_Spectre View Post
I know they have Oceania up and running; however, if you want to play with myself and brother, we're on Aether/Adamantoise. We can get you up to speed and help you navigate the game & ARR.
Thanks. I’ll let you know when we have it sorted. I’ve 5 gaming PCs to build the next few weeks for clients.

Darev
01.28.2022 , 07:04 AM | #13
Thanks. I’ll let you know when we have it sorted. I’ve 5 gaming PCs to build the next few weeks for clients.
How are you getting video cards for a decent price?
Don't just say "Prove me wrong" State your sources & back up your own statement first.
Now is the SOON you spoke of in the Past

TrixxieTriss
01.28.2022 , 12:23 PM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by Darev View Post
How are you getting video cards for a decent price?
I’m in Australia and we have a slightly different IT distribution system. All IT hardware is supplied by a group of about 5 large and 3 small distributors, they aren’t directly supplied by the vendors (like in the US and EU). We also have very strict competition laws compared to the US and EU. The only down side is we usually pay more for everything even when supply is good. But the upside is when supply is bad, we don’t get ripped off as much. It also helps that I’ve got great relationships with 3 of the main IT distributors in Australia because I used to work at them I’m currently able to source nearly every nVidia RTX model except the RTX 3080 12GB and every AMD model except the RX 6500 XT (longer lead times means we have a natural lag affect on the newest models)

JattaGin
01.28.2022 , 04:12 PM | #15
As I replied in the PTS thread: I made my decision to finally quit my sub, because I don't like what I tested on the PTS at all, and I was very disappointed that they completely botched the 10th anniversary. I expected little. But even that was too much. We got nothing. Not even a deco with a 10 on top. Like the one with a 5 that we got in 2016.

A user whose name I have never noticed before replied with a very clever, witty remark: "Can I have your stuff?"

I've spent thousands of Euros on subscription, cartel coins and merchandise. And while this was all my choice and I liked spending it, I think it's sad that they decided to push me out and not take my money anymore. At the end, it's their loss, since I can continue to play for free.

I don't understand whom it helps if I and other players are quitting because of unneeded changes that no one has asked for, and a big majority on this forum as well as in game chat and on reddit dislike. To me, this sounds like a bad business tactic. I don't see a winner in this scenario.

I don't know why I still bother writing. It's all done and decided. This is the way.

ElZaguero
01.28.2022 , 04:13 PM | #16
I’m in Australia and we have a slightly different IT distribution system. All IT hardware is supplied by a group of about 5 large and 3 small distributors, they aren’t directly supplied by the vendors (like in the US and EU). We also have very strict competition laws compared to the US and EU. The only down side is we usually pay more for everything even when supply is good. But the upside is when supply is bad, we don’t get ripped off as much. It also helps that I’ve got great relationships with 3 of the main IT distributors in Australia because I used to work at them I’m currently able to source nearly every nVidia RTX model except the RTX 3080 12GB and every AMD model except the RX 6500 XT (longer lead times means we have a natural lag affect on the newest models)
Here in Argentina, its unfortunately the opposite. Cost of living overall is very low, like 20% of US CoL. I was living on 500-600 USD per month with very little problem. The beef & red wine are excellent, and very, very cheap if you have dollars. And regional pricing on Steam means games are incredibly cheap.

BUT tech goods of any kind are hellishly expensive, and availability is very poor. But hey, we're a third-world banana republic at the arse-end of the world...

LeMage
01.29.2022 , 02:20 AM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by ElZaguero View Post
Here in Argentina, its unfortunately the opposite..... But hey, we're a third-world banana republic at the arse-end of the world...
At least you have bananas, Canada is becoming a banana republic, but yes, we have no bananas.
--,-'-{@ RIP MxO @}--,-'-

LeMage
01.29.2022 , 02:39 AM | #18
Well I guess they wont listen very hard or much. I'm in the wrong multiverse, I can't change that, can changed games though. There were a few folks I enjoyed reading on these forums, Trixxie being one of them. So in a week she may be off gaming somewhere else after building her rigs for folks. Then someone else goes and someone else not only will the game be screwed but all we will have left in the forums will be stickies. Its the royal 'we' I've got 14 days left.
I'm late trying to see what the fuss is about with [XIV] although by rights shouldn't Final Fantasy [I] have been the last??

Also I found an after apocalypse game I played years ago (Fallen Earth) was taken down for a revamp but is back running the old version while little orbit work on the new version.

Well, to all the folks that may be disappointed with 7.0 & Bioware and are looking for greener pastures - Happy Gaming and may you land in a place that gives you happiness.

LeMage
01.29.2022 , 03:00 AM | #19
.double post