Season 14 Payouts

JackieKo

• Dev Post

Hi everyone, we've been seeing sentiment from players asking/wanting the ability to buy replica rewards with payouts from Season 14.

Wanted to confirm that players will be able to buy the replica rewards with the payouts from season 14 until the next season starts. This is for both Top 3 and bronze/silver/gold. Should that change, we will let players know.

We do not have a set date in which season 15 will begin, but there will be a decent amount of time in between so players will be able to make the purchases they want. We will, of course, be communicating when the next season starts and all relevant info when we are able.

EDIT: Added in clarifying info.

Edited by JackieKo

Thanks so much Jackie. This is awesome. Thanks for listening to and responding to player feedback.

Can we get a little more clarification on which season 14 payouts you're talking about? "Season payouts" is pretty vague and broad. Usually bronze/silver/gold payouts are released much earlier than top3 payouts. Will we have time to reclaim replicas with top3 payouts as well?

Edited by septru

Also, is this confirmation that rewards will be distributed at the end of the season? Because that is not how it has worked for the past several seasons. Season 13 rewards were given out at the start of season 14.

I think what they are insinuating is that there will be a long preseason in which rewards will be given out. Devs said 7.0 will drop in December? If s14 ended in December that would be an 8 month season which is uncharacteristic of Bioware's timetables. More likely they will end the season in September and go with a 2-3 month preseason to 7.0. Also Jackie said...

We do not have a set date in which season 15 will begin, but there will be a decent amount of time in between so players will be able to make the purchases they want

which hints at the fact that the replicas are still intended to be removed with s15. it's just s15 will be delayed.

I think what they are insinuating is that there will be a long preseason in which rewards will be given out. Devs said 7.0 will drop in December? If s14 ended in December that would be an 8 month season which is uncharacteristic of Bioware's timetables. More likely they will end the season in September and go with a 2-3 month preseason to 7.0. Also Jackie said...

Possibly. I think it's more likely season 14 will end when 7.0 drops, followed by a several month preseason for everyone to play the expansion, get gear, etc, and for them to make whatever changes to ranked they have planned.

She is indicating that the rewards will be given out prior to season 15, but I think clarification is warranted regarding exactly when because as I said, they haven't done it that way the last several seasons.

• Dev Post
Thanks so much Jackie. This is awesome. Thanks for listening to and responding to player feedback.

Can we get a little more clarification on which season 14 payouts you're talking about? "Season payouts" is pretty vague and broad. Usually bronze/silver/gold payouts are released much earlier than top3 payouts. Will we have time to reclaim replicas with top3 payouts as well?

Hi septru,

As of now, this would include Top 3. Should that change, we will communicate that to players. I will also update my original post with this info.

Able to post the tiers and rewards or are they the same as S13?

Good question. I guess it's hard to know when the season ends unless we line it up with the Galactic Seasons length (which would mean September?) but it'd be helpful to know how close we are to the next tier up so we can plan effectively.

Just one look at the leaderboard was enough for me to see that it was a good thing i didnt have time to participate. If its not obvious to Devs that a guy is able to get top spots with same class (both factions) easy as that then I think we are all clear here.

Just one look at the leaderboard was enough for me to see that it was a good thing i didnt have time to participate. If its not obvious to Devs that a guy is able to get top spots with same class (both factions) easy as that then I think we are all clear here.

I'd be more concerned about the servers that aren't DM and SF (strictly a population thing; it's easier to manipulate ratings with the smaller populations).

edit: also, why don't the leader boards list games played? (i.e., how many losses?) it just seems like basic information on a results, standings or "leader board."

Edited by CheesyEZ

If its not obvious to Devs that a guy is able to get top spots with same class (both factions) easy as that then I think we are all clear here.

you're welcome to roll an operative/scoundrel and take one of the spots.

edit: also, why don't the leader boards list games played? (i.e., how many losses?) it just seems like basic information on a results, standings or "leader board."

Great idea!

I've always wondered/wished for more in-depth 'metrics' on those PVP Leaderboards.

i think it would not only be pretty interesting from a 'git gudder' analysis standpoint, but also from a "you a cheater!!" perception standpoint.

It is for sure indicative of the fact that there are both not a lot of people apparently participating, and that of those that do, there is such a lack of competition and skill gap between players that most of the top 5 leader board players were bored enough to put their alts on there. It is for sure a sad state of affairs.

But Solo/Yolo ranked has been broken since season 1 in my opinion (and I participated and was an all-star on multiple classes through seasons 1-6), as such a game type should not exist. Not for any serious ELO standing and ranked rewards system anyway. For practice/scrimmages, sure. But true ranked should be teams only. And fix and incentivize that. I have a thread talking about how to do just that here: https://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=994702

Edited by SOULCASTER

But Solo/Yolo ranked has been broken since season 1 in my opinion (and I participated and was an all-star on multiple classes through seasons 1-6), as such a game type should not exist. Not for any serious ELO standing and ranked rewards system anyway. For practice/scrimmages, sure. But true ranked should be teams only. And fix and incentivize that. I have a thread talking about how to do just that here: https://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=994702

there are a lot of issues for SR ratings (e.g., why are we still doing top 3 in the world rather than the server?). but things are A LOT more legit now than they were s1-6. for some obvious reasons that baffle the mind that they ever weren't part of the original plan.

Hi everyone, we've been seeing sentiment from players asking/wanting the ability to buy replica rewards with payouts from Season 14.

Wanted to confirm that players will be able to buy the replica rewards with the payouts from season 14 until the next season starts. This is for both Top 3 and bronze/silver/gold. Should that change, we will let players know.

We do not have a set date in which season 15 will begin, but there will be a decent amount of time in between so players will be able to make the purchases they want. We will, of course, be communicating when the next season starts and all relevant info when we are able.

What about banning the wintrading happening on Satele Shan server? Many reports have been sent, videos have been published, and literally nothing has happened. Whats the point on having a ranked season, when this wintrade affects people that are trying to do it in a legitimate way. We have been waiting enough time, and nothing is being done by devs or customer service. You guys published an email to send the proofs -pvpreports- , and they have been sent long time ago.

In my eyes, seems like devs in this devs encourage cheating and wintrading by doing nothing when this is reported.

Edited by Gorekann

What about banning the wintrading happening on Satele Shan server? Many reports have been sent, videos have been published, and literally nothing has happened. Whats the point on having a ranked season, when this wintrade affects people that are trying to do it in a legitimate way. We have been waiting enough time, and nothing is being done by devs or customer service. You guys published an email to send the proofs -pvpreports- , and they have been sent long time ago.

In my eyes, seems like devs in this devs encourage cheating and wintrading by doing nothing when this is reported.

They will probably make some changes about the pvp in the next patch but who really knows. You know if they really banned the people with all the reports, just think about the amount of people not playing anymore. This would be non sense. They will lose a lot of money and even more. Do not expect they will make a move for imploring your pitty.

Edited by TheOverMind-

They will probably make some changes about the pvp in the next patch but who really knows. You know if they really banned the people with all the reports, just think about the amount of people not playing anymore. This would be non sense. They will lose a lot of money and even more. Do not expect they will make a move for imploring your pitty.

They are losing more people because the inaction. And in that case, its people that played according to the rules. But yea, makes lot of sense to keep the ones that are breaking the rules, right?

We're only talking about roughly a dozen people that really should be banned (taking into account last season as well). It's really not that many, but it's enough to seriously impact top 3s, not to mention the actual throwing/wintrading going on on SS that impacts games for normal players.

There is absolutely no excuse for Bioware's inaction.

Edited by JediMasterAlex

you're welcome to roll an operative/scoundrel and take one of the spots.

To have the time......

It is for sure indicative of the fact that there are both not a lot of people apparently participating, and that of those that do, there is such a lack of competition and skill gap between players that most of the top 5 leader board players were bored enough to put their alts on there. It is for sure a sad state of affairs.

This is what I mean. The numbers are so small that one guy can get to top easily. What a sad place ranked has become.

there are a lot of issues for SR ratings (e.g., why are we still doing top 3 in the world rather than the server?). but things are A LOT more legit now than they were s1-6. for some obvious reasons that baffle the mind that they ever weren't part of the original plan.

Well, i cannot judge in this season, but even if, so people will be happy from getting top 3 because of no competition? :)

They are losing more people because the inaction. And in that case, its people that played according to the rules. But yea, makes lot of sense to keep the ones that are breaking the rules, right?

Where do you find they are losing more people? You probably talk for yourself with your own ressources. People are still playing even if some of them wintrades... Satele Shan is poor in pvp ranked because there is not much people right there. If you go on DM or SF you don't find this problem at all. Just merge to another server. By the way I never said it was a good idea to keep the ones that break the rules. I did mention Bioware would probably make some changes about it but they can't punish everyone. Watch your words.

The queue system and mixed faction addition for sure made the later seasons more fair and balanced, yes. However l, the queues were Waaaaaay more populated and waaaaaaaay more competitive a player base in those queues in the first (at least 5) Seasons. Including Team Ranked.

Regardless they should work on changing Ranked to the ideas I posted in that thread recently or scrapping it altogether. The game was never, will never nor should ever be balanced to 4dps vs 4dps (95% of solo ranked). If you want to leave that as a game time because it can be fun, sure. But dont tie rewards and ELO to it. Its a broken mess.

It’s not surprising they are pruning abilities for 7.0. 1/2 the classes have too many survival abilities (tacticals also unbalanced things imo) which makes it excessive in some regards and unbalanced for those classes that dont have those.

Edited by SOULCASTER

The queue system and mixed faction addition for sure made the later seasons more fair and balanced, yes. However l, the queues were Waaaaaay more populated and waaaaaaaay more competitive a player base in those queues in the first (at least 5) Seasons. Including Team Ranke.

nah. tbf, I haven't played SR since s11, so I'm just watching streams since I've come back, but as of s11, the population, pops, etc. were no different than the first handful of seasons minus s1 when everyone jumped in to try it out and then ran running for the hills.

btw: the population has certainly dwindled, but when I came back the first time (for s9-11) the servers had merged, so the number of players in queue each night was roughly the same. it also made it difficult for players to server dodge the better competition.

• 2 weeks later...

Why are we even still doing ratings when it is just rng and luck half the time. Yes you have to be good but you also have to not have too many games ruined by throwers or the pvers here for their GS rewards. I can't imagine a single dev who has even pvped in this game to even silver. No way because if they did the systems in place would be much different. And the class stacking. Which team to you want to be on? The team with 3 PT's and an Op or the team with 1 sorc, 1 sin a mara and an op. I'll tell you because I was the Op with the PT's. You want the 3 PT's on your team. I literally was just probing. Didn't even have to click anything else. It's just so silly just let me queue regs arenas. I don't want to play obj pvp with 7 randoms because I am not gona text in chat to guard nodes or call stuff out because I just don't care. You don't even get anything for winning regs.

• 6 months later...

Hi Jackie. Just wanted an update to get an update on this since the patch notes seem to indicate otherwise.