Sub 306 in group ranked still not fixed.

TheVoyant

Headline says it all.

Q for group ranked 3x since update on Starforge, each time its been a team that has a healer wearing gear in the 290s. They output an insane amount of healing.

Just disable people being able to switch gear inside once they have Q'd.

This doesn't seem to have been fixed as has been listed in several patches now. Solo ranked has less of an issue with it, but its pretty much gamebreaking still.

Headline says it all.

Q for group ranked 3x since update on Starforge, each time its been a team that has a healer wearing gear in the 290s.

1) The old bug was with 291 rated not 290 rated gear.

Just disable people being able to switch gear inside once they have Q'd.

2) Group ranked doesn't have any gear requirements so players could enter with 291 gear off the bat. Prohibiting ear switching would not solve gear bugs in group ranked.

They output an insane amount of healing.

3) The old exploit gave a 2% hps/dps increase. That is .02 times more healing. If the hps output was insane it would probably has less to do with gear and more to do with skill.

Last I heard 291 gear bug was fixed. It was tested on PTS. But I may be wrong. I was not queing group ranked last night so I wouldn't know first hand. But if you want you can always test it and see for yourself. Get 291 gear, go to the bolster, and see if bolster gives you more stats in 291 gear than 306.

Edited by septru

bolster gear was fixed and it is not the reason some players put out 'insane' numbers.

Unlike wow this game's gear only truly matters when it comes to missing HP/Amplifiers or set bonus/tactical.

Of course, having decent stats helps but as long as it's decent and not perfect it's not much different from perfect so much so you wouldn't notice the difference. I can't tell you the number of times my gear has been slightly messed up or just flat out missing a piece (usually offhand, enhancement, or augment) and still doing nearly the same damage etc.