The flagship unlocks cost needs to be reduced.

Bountyhunter_CMA

Our large size guild managed to unlock our first room after a year of hard work only to find that even the small rooms require 5 plans which is roughly 200m credits each.

We decided we would rather give the guild some money instead rather than wasting more money on those overpriced rooms, imagine where small guilds are, they have no way of unlocking those rooms, it's a shame that it has to be that way.

Big rooms should be 2 plans and all the sub rooms 1 with 2.5m cost. This would make it worth doing as a guild effort.

Edited by Bountyhunter_CMA

sorry to say I am a guild of one, have two guildships and one is just two rooms from being completed and the other one is 3. Best thing to do is craft dark projects and trade them for flagship components. also I do the 50k in conquest and then jump to an alt. You have to remember you need the guildies to give you the flagship stuff. Fastest to 50k for me was just doing lowbie pvp and then selling any solid matrix isotope to buy up funds. It is doable, just depends on how bad you want it.

Our large size guild managed to unlock our first room after a year of hard work only to find that even the small rooms require 5 plans which is roughly 200m credits each.

We decided we would rather give the guild some money instead rather than wasting more money on those overpriced rooms, imagine where small guilds are, they have no way of unlocking those rooms, it's a shame that it has to be that way.

Big rooms should be 2 plans and all the sub rooms 1 with 2.5m cost. This would make it worth doing as a guild effort.

Commander runs will get you the encryptions you want. Just know they're in contention with every other guild out there wanting them as well, and they're only available in planetary PVP zones.

Commanders drop encryptions, while named commanders, which are a lot harder to take down, drop frameworks. Named commanders also have 5-hour immunity shields on them that only the guild currently controlling the planet can take down, but my casual guild has taken down plenty of named commanders and we've never owned a planet.

Commanders are located here. http://dulfy.net/2014/08/12/swtor-conquest-commanders-locations-guide/

Edited by xordevoreaux

If you had been a small guild I would've been sympathetic but this is a guild effort and you get the plans through commanders and conquest rewards and have guildies give them to you to use for unlocks. As the other repliers already indicated.

And 200 million is an amount I have myself. If you're in a large guild and cannot get people to invest into their guild a bit, then it seems a bit of a one-way street.

Surely between donations in blue flagship plans and credits this shouldn't take that much work....

I play 12 toons and made conquest on all of them. That's 12 blue plans just by myself. I donated them to the small guild and I'm not the only one. That's how it works really. I think the guild master said he needed 350 of them for the next unlock. We're around 200 now. We'll get there soon enough.

I will say this though... it is a bit odd when you think about it that it costs 8 million these days to buy the initial flagship and it takes so much more to just add a room. So that is kind of weird, but unlocking rooms is a guild activity more than anything and that's the reason why.

Place chars at the commander locations (on both factions if you/your guildmates have alts) and check them regularly, if you find 4+ being up on either faction make a group and start killing them, 12 people is the max amount that gets a flagship plan and the named ones always give a framework, veteran has a small chance.

Demands a bit of effort but if you rather you can just buy them off GTN, increases the cost of expanding quite a bit but saves time/energy.

I would like to see a slow path for small guilds to unlock their flagships.

Right now, if you don't have a lot of free time to play, your effort resets before you get a reward.

Crafting has also become much more expensive.

Just look at the soaring price of encryptions and frameworks on the GTN. Obviously they're much harder to get.

Honestly, I wish the ability to buy guild perks wasn't tied to the rooms that are unlocked.

That's punishing to roleplay guilds who just want the space for social play.

• 2 years later...

These posts.... I alone unlocked 5 rooms in 2 weeks by crafting. ALONE not as a large guild. These kind of post are on the same level like:

"give everyone one ability because the game is complex and the combat is unbalanced."

or

"too much grind in the game! remove gearing or give everyone the best gear possible when reach max level"

They already made this game dumb enough and you dont have to fight for anything actually....

Why would ppl play if they remove everything from the game you need to fight for? If i could craft enough dark project alone in 2 weeks playing just as a regular player to unlock 5 rooms. Few people could farm\craft the whole stuff in a month.....

Stop killing this game with these attitude. MMORPGs need some grind and objectives to fight for.