QoL more clarity in login window

TomaszWeert

Hello Folks

My idea for more clarity in login window, like in cargo hold.

2 bays for login, one with Rebublic logo and only rep chars on list.

Second bay with Sith Empire logo and only imp chars on list.

Last used bay stay as default at next login :) simply, easy and practical solution :)

Greetings to all swtor fans

Hello Folks

My idea for more clarity in login window, like in cargo hold.

2 bays for login, one with Rebublic logo and only rep chars on list.

Second bay with Sith Empire logo and only imp chars on list.

Last used bay stay as default at next login :) simply, easy and practical solution :)

Greetings to all swtor fans

How is that more clear?

If it is a solution, you should be able to describe the *problem*. Yeah, I know, "there's no problems, only solutions,"(1) but in the real world, solutions exist because of problems.

(1) This somewhat tired aphorism is really inciting us to focus on the solution rather than on the problem, but in order to assess a proposed solution, we have to know what the problem is.

How is that more clear?

If it is a solution, you should be able to describe the *problem*. Yeah, I know, "there's no problems, only solutions,"(1) but in the real world, solutions exist because of problems.

(1) This somewhat tired aphorism is really inciting us to focus on the solution rather than on the problem, but in order to assess a proposed solution, we have to know what the problem is.

His or her implication is that the current setup isn't as clear as it could be. I would disagree since each character has a class icon, the character name and then the faction Icon. All the information we need regarding the faction is clearly visible and the current setup lets you know the order all your characters were last played. So it is, IMO, the superior system.

If I could see any improvement it would be a notification tag on characters with in game mail nearing expiration. That would be helpful.

Edited by BRKMSN

My only real problem with the character select screen is that the characters are listed in pages, rather than a scrolling list, like I'm used to, and that the only sort option is "Most Recent". I would like to see an option to show characters in a single vertical, scrollable list, with sort options for A-Z, Level, D/L Alignment, Faction, or Manual. Aside from a vertical list, I could also use a grid, showing more characters at one time, with similar sort options as mentioned for the scrolling list.

My only real problem with the character select screen is that the characters are listed in pages, rather than a scrolling list, like I'm used to, and that the only sort option is "Most Recent". I would like to see an option to show characters in a single vertical, scrollable list, with sort options for A-Z, Level, D/L Alignment, Faction, or Manual. Aside from a vertical list, I could also use a grid, showing more characters at one time, with similar sort options as mentioned for the scrolling list.

I would just add to that two things:

* Keep the current sort order available. It has its uses.

* Also allow a reverse checkbox for sorts, giving Z-A, reverse level(0), L/D Alignment, Republic-first faction, and least-recent first.(1)

(0) I can't tell whether you mean for "sort by level" to mean "from 1 to 75" or "from 75 to 1", but both should be available.

(1) This is useful for when you want to check in with *all* your characters, starting with one you played least recently.

I'd prefer to scrap the sort altogether and have it as a single page scrollable list. Just let us move the characters up/down the list to position them in the order we want.

Certain sort options are useful, at least sometimes. (Probably the most niche, but really useful if you meet the niche, is "least recently played first", which avoids all the paging/scrolling that's otherwise needed when visiting all your characters, because the logical "next" one is always right at the top of the list.)

I would just add to that two things:

* Keep the current sort order available. It has its uses.

* Also allow a reverse checkbox for sorts, giving Z-A, reverse level(0), L/D Alignment, Republic-first faction, and least-recent first.(1)

(0) I can't tell whether you mean for "sort by level" to mean "from 1 to 75" or "from 75 to 1", but both should be available.

(1) This is useful for when you want to check in with *all* your characters, starting with one you played least recently.

Exactly. I meant for these to all be in addition to the current sort mode (most recent), and also come with Ascending/Descending options.