Cannot create legacy title after patch?

consuljw

I've put off creating my legacy title for a while, and for some reason, now that I've finally decided what I wanted it to be, I can't create it. After I type in my legacy name into the create section, it is as if nothing has happened. Does anybody know what is happening? I can't use any legacy perks.

I've put off creating my legacy title for a while, and for some reason, now that I've finally decided what I wanted it to be, I can't create it. After I type in my legacy name into the create section, it is as if nothing has happened. Does anybody know what is happening? I can't use any legacy perks.

Here's my 5 step check-list/plan:

1. Is it on a server with a older toon who's legacy needed to be renamed?

2. If so, Have you created a new character?

3. If so, are you trying to create your legacy on that new character?

4. If so, have you tried doing it on your original (main) and still recieved the issue?

5. If so, Time to send in a ticket!

I'm having the exact issue.

No char transfers at all. I've just taken a long time before i wanted to create my legacy (more than a month) and now i just can't. When i click on Create button after i place the name it just does nothing. I've tried different names and none works. I've just sended a ticket, time will tell if they can fix this :jawa_frown:

btw this should be on Customer Service forum.

Edited by Toburcete

Also happens to me too, I created 2 tickets and after the first they said I have to create a new in the bug report and I did. Now the answer was i have to make the ticket in the right section (they didn't mention any to where to write it) so i don't know what to do. Any suggestions? Edited by Dzsedimester

Also happens to me too, I created 2 tickets and after the first they said I have to create a new in the bug report and I did. Now the answer was i have to make the ticket in the right section (they didn't mention any to where to write it) so i don't know what to do. Any suggestions?

Same answer to me. I created the ticket in the bug section and they said it's a bug and should be ticketed in the right section...

Same answer to me. I created the ticket in the bug section and they said it's a bug and should be ticketed in the right section...

lol, that is some customer service there.

Why can't whoever read those bug tickets just, oh I don't know, process it, regardless of what section it was put in (or just forward it to the right person then)?

Bioware, if you read this, I think it's time to have a chat with your customer service people.

Answer in Customer Service forum:

---------------------------

Quote: Originally Posted by Ratae

Hello Toburcete,

Could I please ask you to submit another ticket to our customer support either in-game or by email to support@swtor.com and our team will look into this for you?

Please do not use the Bug report category as these tickets are automatically forwarded to another department.

Many thanks.

------------------------------

To Ratae; Thank you for your response. At your very next team meeting, I suggest you address this. "Please do not use the Bug report category as these tickets are automatically forwarded to another department." is unbelievably bad customer service, and it should be easy to fix to the benefit of this group called your "customers".

---------------------------

Quote: Originally Posted by Ratae

Hello Toburcete,

Could I please ask you to submit another ticket to our customer support either in-game or by email to support@swtor.com and our team will look into this for you?

Please do not use the Bug report category as these tickets are automatically forwarded to another department.

Many thanks.

------------------------------

To Ratae; Thank you for your response. At your very next team meeting, I suggest you address this. "Please do not use the Bug report category as these tickets are automatically forwarded to another department." is unbelievably bad customer service, and it should be easy to fix to the benefit of this group called your "customers".

Thank You for this post I wrote an e-mail right now and I hope I'll get an answer soon.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 years later...

I joined a new sever with my hunter but i lost my legacy, When i created a new one the window would just go away and nothing would happen. I can not get my legacy perks and the game does not feel complete without this so it would be nice to get this fixed.

If you know anything please let me know:)

• 4 weeks later...
I joined a new sever with my hunter but i lost my legacy, When i created a new one the window would just go away and nothing would happen. I can not get my legacy perks and the game does not feel complete without this so it would be nice to get this fixed.

If you know anything please let me know:)

Have the same problem, did anybody find a solution?

Whenever I have come across this issue its for one of two reasons.

1. Name already taken

2. The name cannot be made as it brakes the rules for a legacy name.

Which can be anything from to many spaces in name to a banned word. I am sure there could be other reasons as well. Most times I have had to try is 4 times. If you are not changing the name each time and the name you are trying to use is not allowed it will continue to refuse it.

As for the others who have just started on a new server, Again the name you had on server X may well already be in use on server Y. You can transfer a character from your old server. That way you get to keep any legacy perks you already had. The name will transfer as well unless it is indeed in use. In which case you would need to re-name. Transfer cost is only 90cc at the moment.

Edited by DreadtechSavant

Whenever I have come across this issue its for one of two reasons.

1. Name already taken

2. The name cannot be made as it brakes the rules for a legacy name.

Which can be anything from to many spaces in name to a banned word. I am sure there could be other reasons as well. Most times I have had to try is 4 times. If you are not changing the name each time and the name you are trying to use is not allowed it will continue to refuse it.

As for the others who have just started on a new server, Again the name you had on server X may well already be in use on server Y. You can transfer a character from your old server. That way you get to keep any legacy perks you already had. The name will transfer as well unless it is indeed in use. In which case you would need to re-name. Transfer cost is only 90cc at the moment.

Thanks a lot! I tried a few other names and for some reason if it was against the rules it would just close, but when I typed in one that is with the rules it worked!

• 3 years later...
Unable to create Legacy name here, as well. After clicking create, the window just disappears.

My wife having same issue. She just stated game, is a subscriber up to Lv 30 nearly finished Coruscant.

But creating legacy wont work. After typing name nothing happens. If log out its not displayed with her 1 character. Darth Malgus server

Legacy names are NOT unique

Yet if I try to use one that is taken, which I did on my second account years ago (it was my first accounts legacy name) it would not let me. When the servers merged some time ago I did have legacy names which were the same on the 3 Uk servers, when the merge happened the name was still their but it said in brackets the name of the original server the legacy was from. When I did not log into that account for some time it then made me re-name as name was taken. So... sorry but regardless of what you say my experience says otherwise.

So as far as I am concerned they ARE unique. The display names other players see may well be the same after the merge, as long as they are still logging in, the name that player see still has the () with the original server name such as Legacy name ( Tomb of Freedom Nadd) I had the same legacy name on all 17 servers pre merge, not anymore because of this.

Edited by DreadtechSavant