Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

The weird people you meet in Group Finder.

JJKerryee
12.02.2021 , 08:27 AM | #10201
Had one of the weirdest (and funniest) encounters on MM Depths of Manaan, with me as operative dps, another merc dps, a sorcerer healer, and a pt tank.

Until the second boss (Ortuno with the water and lighting), it went without a hitch. After we did the bonus boss tho, the healer, the other dps, and I got to the second boss pretty quickly but the tank for some reason was taking his time and then he entered combat so we started to go back to go help him. We were already on the way to him when he leaves combat and passes us extremely fast with rocket boost, enters the boss room, and starts fighting the boss. Obviously, none of us were in the room, so he wiped and started complaining that we had a lot of time to already be there, ultimately, we decided to ignore it and continue like normal.

This is when it gets weird (and funny), the tank wouldn't stay still for one second during the boss fight. I mean LITERALLY. He was sprinting around the entire map and I mean the entire map, above and below the left stairs, then walking around in circles in the middle, then he would move to the other stairs and again above and below. Obviously the water was getting everywhere and when the boss entered the "flow" phase the other dps and I died, somehow we ended up being able to finish it, but it was actually the funniest thing being dead and just watching that tank constantly run away from the boss the entire time. The others and I even joked he must've been REALLY afraid of getting wet. So surreal.
Retreat is not weakness, it is strategy.

rantboi
12.02.2021 , 05:10 PM | #10202
Quote: Originally Posted by eabevella View Post
I've got a guy refused to add me to their SM TC group because I was a DwH, thus not a real DPS lmao
"I don't trust DwH" <- their exact words after I said I can fill the DPS spot they were looking for. I have no idea what the hell that means.
it means that they are repeating words they have seen everyone else uses but don't understand them.

JediQuaker
12.08.2021 , 01:43 PM | #10203
Not weird in a bad way, but the other day I popped an MM flashpoint through GF. I don't recall the exact FP for some reason (age?**) but it was one where I said in chat at the beginning "[redacted], I meant to deselect this one from the list", while inwardly wondering who would rage quit first. 🙂
But, the healer healed, the tank tanked and we DPS damaged, and the FP was over and done in record time. 😮😀
No struggle, no drama! 😇

** it was one of the 'newer' ones.
Hold water, a sieve may not, but hold another sieve, it will - Yoda..

Tenzhine
12.26.2021 , 01:34 PM | #10204
Just recently playing MM FP this. I am gonna say some of the weird people got tone down a bit but some small percentage shouldn't playing this mode. I still experience bunch of healer not healing. Some DPS not using their defense utility, not focus on one target and understanding the mechanics of the FP. Tanks not using their defense utility and some taunt abilities. Basically some people who just boasted their toon and not understanding their toon abilities.

Played MM Hammer Station easiest MM FP in the game some weird people will make this FP difficult. I played as a tank on this another weird FP I experienced.
In this FP a healer charging in with the mobs wasting his heal on himself. Then calling me out not Taunting the adds he currently engage. He forgot his grp still currently engage on some old adds. He just charge in to a new grp of adds without waiting for his grp.

Boss battle
1st boss the Tunneler
I really don't understand the mindset of this healer. Charge the boss without waiting for the grp again. Luckily he survived. Then I taunt the boss. This healer suddenly realize he is a freakin healer. Seeing my low health but It's already too late I already use my defensive abilities, adrenals and health pots. Luckily this healer uses battle res on me kinda salvage this FP but he forgot to heal the DPS who is currently tanking the boss ended up dying.

Then DPS that died got mad at me because I am tank. He told me I should taunt the boss but at that time I am dead and still currently being revived by a healer. What a dead tank gonna do? Even I got res at the time my HP is so low to tank that boss. I am waiting for the healer to heal me due to my low health.

That DPS just suddenly rage quit on the grp. When I call him out.

2nd boss Volcano
Healer finally healing me but this battle took forever. The DPS is not focusing killing the other 2 adds. Healer set his companion to DPS I believe he and his companion attacking the main boss who is tanky. They could just kill the 2 adds who are quite vulnerable. Then me focusing killing the other adds. Believing this is the one that DPS focusing while tanking the boss and the adds. I just suddenly realize the DPS on this weird grp who remain keep spamming Sweep gunfire. No wonder this boss battle took freakin forever.

Final Boss
It run smoothly but the healer again charges the boss without waiting for the grp. Causing the boss to do Sweeping Gunfire hitting all the grp. Again this healer barely heals me but the boss mechanic is easy. I just taunt the boss in one direction. When he uses Sweeping attacks I just dodge.

Zechalakazam
12.29.2021 , 01:03 AM | #10205
Gonna add 2 before catching up this thread since my last post lol.

1) Doing a MMFP GF with my 2 younger brother, Me tanky, 2 bros dps and heal. We got pop with a rando Operative dps for False Emperor and since 3 of us need the bonus boss cheevo, we just proceed until the 6 terminal bonus phase where the rando said and I quote "I'm not helping bonus" then just stealth to Malgus (this was after the first terminal). 3 of us are siblings and in the same guild so it was obvious we just kick the rando and bam finish it, their dps also lackluster so we didn't feel losing a dps at all.
The annoying thing is, if 3 people in your group decided to do something, just don't be a jerk by stealthing or something.

2) Couple days after the above, doing a TC GF on Pub side where we have all except for one DPS and we have been waiting and looking for almost 10min. Me as the Ops Lead decided to just queue and surprise surprise we got a insta-pop. After we phase, I'm surprised with that DPS (Sentinel) which have just slightly below 200 achievement points and only lvl 72 with 138 ilvl. How they play? the usual "New Gen" newbie who don't bother with listening other (me telling the mechanic to them, 2 people tell them to run away laser, 2 other brez them) and their rotation (just spamming whatever).

After their 2nd death, no one bother brez-ing them. Its not annoying but rather funny and sad coz its display the state of newbies on MMFP lot of time.

EDIT: Now that I catch up, I suddenly have this push to play GF FP again lol. Legacy Ignore making weird encounter even more rare.

eabevella
12.29.2021 , 11:13 PM | #10206
You can get real weird ppl from TC.

Daily grind. A person pulled early twice in their 2 alts in 2 TC runs (they use the same name) before everyone was settled, despite a main tank was assigned in advance. They also kept hard-taunting boss off the tank despite the tank told them not to. Typical troll behavior.

So I ignored him, started to form a 3rd group with another alt.

Some random dude x up and straight up saying "you ignore [the dude I just ignored] and I want him in" and ordered me to "do as I say or pass me lead". Not a "please" nor a "maybe it's a mistake" (sometimes ppl ignore the wrong solo queue tank/heal to get the correct group mate but forget to remove them from the list), but down right ordering. I said "you can leave" but he told me again to either do as he said or pass lead to him, so I removed him from the group.

Dude typed "report [my character's name]" in gen chat before I ignored him too.

Perfect display of why I ignored them both.

Zechalakazam
12.30.2021 , 01:42 AM | #10207

Daily grind. A person pulled early twice in their 2 alts in 2 TC runs (they use the same name) before everyone was settled, despite a main tank was assigned in advance. They also kept hard-taunting boss off the tank despite the tank told them not to. Typical troll behavior.

Some random dude x up and straight up saying "you ignore [the dude I just ignored] and I want him in" and ordered me to "do as I say or pass me lead". Not a "please" nor a "maybe it's a mistake" (sometimes ppl ignore the wrong solo queue tank/heal to get the correct group mate but forget to remove them from the list), but down right ordering. I said "you can leave" but he told me again to either do as he said or pass lead to him, so I removed him from the group.

Met that type of player ages ago where I'm the same position as you (Ops Lead) and ignore that player.

Its weird that some people assert dominance even if its not their group.

Edit: I also always ignore DPS/Heal who pulls ahead of Tank unless its misclick/one time thing.

turbomagnus
12.31.2021 , 01:02 PM | #10208

Query: Were they in the same guild or something like that?

eabevella
01.02.2022 , 09:25 PM | #10209
Quote: Originally Posted by turbomagnus View Post
Query: Were they in the same guild or something like that?
Yes but that didn't excuse their behavior.
Normal people ask "do you have 2 [roles] spots?" when they want to be in the same group with friends.

PS: I wish the legacy ignore list has a "date when ignored" display because I have one or two innocent people in there because I forgot to screenshot when I put the "wrong" tank/heal in queue to ignore, so I couldn't identify and un-ignore them among the ones I actually don't want to see. With a date display, I can simply un-ignore the latest name.

fire-breath
01.03.2022 , 05:46 AM | #10210
Yes but that didn't excuse their behavior.
Normal people ask "do you have 2 [roles] spots?" when they want to be in the same group with friends.

PS: I wish the legacy ignore list has a "date when ignored" display because I have one or two innocent people in there because I forgot to screenshot when I put the "wrong" tank/heal in queue to ignore, so I couldn't identify and un-ignore them among the ones I actually don't want to see. With a date display, I can simply un-ignore the latest name.
You must mean that you are missing a comment field in the ignore list? :P
At least I am ...

But yeah ... TC can bring out weird people.
Had one TC run where I tried to join a group but was denied because I was a DwT. They apparently needed 2 more dps'ers.
A similar thing happened in a different run. We had a tank, 2 people who could heal and 4 dps'ers.
Lead kept asking in gen chat for a DwT. Please note that I was on a jugg dps. As was another dps.

Not sure at what point Joe Rando forgot what DwT/H actually means...
Macewindy - Sab Slinger since patch 1.2 through ups and downs
Ishmaldo - Balance Sage currently gaining ground on Macewindy
PugsloveHP - the high endurance commando DPS/healer slated for revival in 7.0