Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Secrets of the Enclave deco drop rate too low

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion > Bug Reports
Secrets of the Enclave deco drop rate too low
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

JediBoadicea
05.01.2021 , 02:53 PM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by Farferello View Post
I've done multiple runs and gotten a deco maybe every other run but its only one and a lot of the time it's either a pillar or... some rumble. I've gotten maybe 3? 4? different decos so far but if there are more types then the drop rate needs to be a bit higher. As a decorating enthusiast it's a shame when the drops rates are low.
Interesting that you got a deco every other run. Did you get it in a special box awarded at the end of the FP, or were they dropping off bosses? My own experience, and the other experiences reported in the thread, are that no runs except he first have rewarded anything, so your data on when and how you're getting them might help point out the bug.

And yes, there are actually 21 new decos introduced with this new FP, so the chances of getting them all, even if we were guaranteed one deco per run, are super low when RNG is taken into account. Whereas the guaranteed one-deco-per-boss model makes RNG much more tolerable and lets us get duplicates or feed more decos into the GTN.

I could not stomach running SOV mutiple times for just one deco per run and an entire FP full of mobs that see through stealth. I actually really want these new Secrets FP decos, but I just will not run this whole thing hundreds of times for it, just no, not unless it's made one-deco-per-boss. Horrible eternal grind activities make sense when they're dailies that are also increasing a Reputation track and netting us multiple Conquest objectives as we go, but that just doesn't translate to a FP without those side benefits. I wouldn't be surprised if someone at the studio with visibility into the game's metrics could report that Traitor and Nathema are more regularly run than other FPs, and the reason would be those decos.

Desplain
05.02.2021 , 04:48 AM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by Farferello View Post
I've done multiple runs and gotten a deco maybe every other run but its only one and a lot of the time it's either a pillar or... some rumble. I've gotten maybe 3? 4? different decos so far but if there are more types then the drop rate needs to be a bit higher. As a decorating enthusiast it's a shame when the drops rates are low.
Sounds like the story chain run where you get a box at the end of the story.
May the Force be with you.

Farferello
05.02.2021 , 09:13 AM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by JediBoadicea View Post
Interesting that you got a deco every other run. Did you get it in a special box awarded at the end of the FP, or were they dropping off bosses? My own experience, and the other experiences reported in the thread, are that no runs except he first have rewarded anything, so your data on when and how you're getting them might help point out the bug.

And yes, there are actually 21 new decos introduced with this new FP, so the chances of getting them all, even if we were guaranteed one deco per run, are super low when RNG is taken into account. Whereas the guaranteed one-deco-per-boss model makes RNG much more tolerable and lets us get duplicates or feed more decos into the GTN.

I could not stomach running SOV mutiple times for just one deco per run and an entire FP full of mobs that see through stealth. I actually really want these new Secrets FP decos, but I just will not run this whole thing hundreds of times for it, just no, not unless it's made one-deco-per-boss. Horrible eternal grind activities make sense when they're dailies that are also increasing a Reputation track and netting us multiple Conquest objectives as we go, but that just doesn't translate to a FP without those side benefits. I wouldn't be surprised if someone at the studio with visibility into the game's metrics could report that Traitor and Nathema are more regularly run than other FPs, and the reason would be those decos.
I was getting them off bosses though it was random and didn't happen all the time. In 25 runs I got about 21 decorations altogether with maybe 9-10 different types.

Xina_LA
05.02.2021 , 11:00 PM | #14
I don't know that it's a bug, but the drop rate of Spirit of Vengeance and Secrets of the Enclave is too low.

Especially when your super rare drop might get a scraggly tree in a giant broken bowl... (totally confused by this one)
...or a small rock.
--=# Decorating addict of Satele Shan server. #=--

mike_carton
05.03.2021 , 12:46 AM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by Xina_LA View Post
(totally confused by this one) ...or a small rock.
Because a lump of coal would've been too on the nose.
A "Forum troll" posts outrageous messages to bait people into answering, to sow discord and to derail the discussion. Don't feed the troll, add to your Ignore List.

Banthabreeder
05.03.2021 , 12:01 PM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by Xina_LA View Post
I don't know that it's a bug, but the drop rate of Spirit of Vengeance and Secrets of the Enclave is too low.

Especially when your super rare drop might get a scraggly tree in a giant broken bowl... (totally confused by this one)
...or a small rock.
I felt like Charlie Brown in "It's the Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown" when I got my small rock. LOL
“Don’t call me a mindless philosopher, you overweight glob of grease.”

Morglux
05.03.2021 , 12:47 PM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by JediBoadicea View Post
This honestly doesn't make any sense. Why design so many decos to be associated with a FP, even more than were associated Traitor or Nathema which introduced the one-deco-per-boss model, only to make it so incredibly tedious to acquire them?

I sincerely hope you will consider reversing this terrible model and make the Spirit of Vengeance and Secrets of the Enclave flashpoints drop one guaranteed deco per boss like the previous FPs do.
I couldn't agree more! At first I thought it was just one of the many bugs the fp had.
The decorations drop rate for the last 2 flashpoints must be increased.

TyrFoge
05.03.2021 , 10:36 PM | #18
+1 These two Flashpoints need to have their drop rates increased to the same percentage as Nathema. I get why they placed so many in these 3 FPs because they wanted to have replay value increased by making players want to grind them for specific decos (and quantities of decos) but replay value using this method is only effective if the FPs ACTUALLY drop things consistently even if it's not the drops you want.
~The Farce runs STRONG in my family...~

Desplain
05.04.2021 , 06:41 AM | #19
Little update!

Yesterday my guild was running the flashpiont in master mode several times, but they only got two decorations from one boss.

I was again running the flaspoint in story mode and got one decoration out of five runs.
May the Force be with you.

JackieKo
05.04.2021 , 11:10 AM | #20 This is the last staff post in this thread.  
Hi all,

Wanted to confirm a couple things. For Solo-Story mode, decorations do not drop from the bosses, but upon completing the quest, there is a chest that grants a decoration. This is a one time grant. Decorations currently drop in Story, Veteran, and Master modes; however, they are not guaranteed on every kill.

We have read feedback similar to the OP's, and are evaluating increasing the boss drop rates for SoV and SotE for Story, Veteran, and Master modes. We will keep you updated on any changes that may happen.
Jackie | Community Manager
Follow us on Twitter @SWTOR | Like us on Facebook
[Contact Us] [Rules of Conduct] [F.A.Q.]