Is there any file on your computer with ignore time info?

I accidentally ignored someone by mistake and I don't know their exact character or legacy name. It kind of bothers me to ignore someone's legacy by accident, but I don't want to delete all the people off my ignore list.

I do actually keep pretty good records of who I ignored and why but it would be a pain for me to organize it into an Exel file.

I'm wondering if per chance a file is created with the legacy name and time you ignored it on your SWTOR computer files. I know it's a long shot, but does such a thing exist? Thanks

Edited by RobertFKennedyUS

Not that I know of. I think it’s stored server side.

Sadly, you might find it hard to remove them even if you know who they are because my ignore list and many other peoples still propagates people you’ve taken off ignore list the next time you login.

It’s been a bug since they added legacy ignore and it’s still not fixed nearly 9+ months later

CS could probably look at the chat logs, if you know the general date and time and which one of your characters did the /ignoring. I mean, they have to have those to investigate reports of harassment and spamming so presumably they could look for the system message "You have ignored" so-and-so.

This is an example of one of my arguments against the legacy ignore feature back when it used to be requested on the forums.

I have never intentionally added a player to the ignore list. I have accidentally ignored friends before but was able to sort it out when they informed me on another character of theirs. I never had a problem with making ignore lists a legacy thing, but have always fought against being able to ignore a whole legacy. People asked for this and Bioware caved. Enjoy the bad with the good.

This is an example of one of my arguments against the legacy ignore feature back when it used to be requested on the forums.

I have never intentionally added a player to the ignore list. I have accidentally ignored friends before but was able to sort it out when they informed me on another character of theirs. I never had a problem with making ignore lists a legacy thing, but have always fought against being able to ignore a whole legacy. People asked for this and Bioware caved. Enjoy the bad with the good.

My take is that they should be two systems completely. When you ignore someone it is usually for a specific reason, IE queueing for TC or they are being a jerk in a piece of group content. Legacy ignore is a more for harassment purposes, people that toon hop for the express reason to annoy a person.

Previously if you felt you wronged a person that put you on ignore, you could also toon hop and apologize, basically try to make amends and go your separate ways, or you could go on with your life. Legacy ignore just seems way too harsh for what it really is for, ignoring...

My take is that they should be two systems completely. When you ignore someone it is usually for a specific reason, IE queueing for TC or they are being a jerk in a piece of group content. Legacy ignore is a more for harassment purposes, people that toon hop for the express reason to annoy a person.

Previously if you felt you wronged a person that put you on ignore, you could also toon hop and apologize, basically try to make amends and go your separate ways, or you could go on with your life. Legacy ignore just seems way too harsh for what it really is for, ignoring...

OK, but how often do we *really* want to ignore just that one character that belongs to that other player? And how often do we want to ignore that other player on just this one of our own characters?

OK, but how often do we *really* want to ignore just that one character that belongs to that other player? And how often do we want to ignore that other player on just this one of our own characters?

For me, it's never and never. If I don't like someone, I'm perfectly capable of using my "built in" ignore ability. I've been here the whole time and never been harassed by another player. I mostly keep to myself and don't try to seek attention from strangers in gen chat. I might physically yell, "IDIOT!" out loud during a PUG WZ or FP, but I don't feel the urge to type my reaction in group chat or rage-whisper somebody for making a mistake.

Anyway, Harassment should be dealt with by Bioware. Most players that have ignored other players, probably did it based on one chance meeting. In other words, their paths might have crossed again unknowingly on other characters with only positive results.