Spirit of Vengeance (6.2 Flashpoint)

Just resubbed yesterday and ran SoV for the first time today. I was a little concerned about story mode after reading this but only died twice with a Carnage Marauder IR 276.

Both times that I died, it was because there were sharpshooters off at a distance that I didn't see until it was too late. Once I knew they were there, I rolled through it.

I did have two guards that kept resetting/unkillable just before final boss. Just back up to the door and wait and you'll drop out of combat when they reset and can open the door to the final boss.

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Questions about the story mode sov (not solo story mode, the story mode that can be repeated)

Did it with my 306 gear heal today with lv50 comp set as dps

Does the lasso of the first boss suppose to reduce 70% of my health?

I tried breaking and not breaking the skill, both resulting the same.

Didn't remember it happen in solo SM or VM, I think this mechanism is only buggy/hurt that much in MM?

Not a single decoration drop either. Is that a bug?

I ran it because I want the deco. Got one from each boss/bonus boss from SM Copero and Nathema I ran right before Sov.

Disappointed if the deco drop is not 100% from runing sov.

It is currently bugged, and way harder than intended. I would wait for a fix, before trying it again.

1st boss bugged, YES, hard not at all. Finish it solo 5 times, 1 vang dps, 1 mando dps, 1 BH tank, 1 merc dps and 1 as sage dps. Rest as vet group.

hard are the Umbara, Meridian, Nathema, Blood Hunt.

Edited by Kissakias

• 2 weeks later...
Started this zone 2 days ago, First time got stuck on second boss, unable to beat cuz of One-Shot hits at 278 gear. Tried again today after patch, got past second boss(HUGE differance now ), got near end and was killed by Snipers, respawned all the way back at beginning but now unable to get back, stuck at Escape pods on first ship, not working. Maybe now that they've shut down Anthem they can take some of those devs and fix this zone

I was wondering if the FP general difficulty and, for lack of a better phrase, mob-o-rama 'vibe' had been affected by the recent patch so I appreciate that observation.

My scoundrel is the only character I have that far along (returning player, new legacy) and he got PUMMELED repeatedly when I first ran this flashpoint. After spending way too many hard-earned credits on repairs I had to give up on it for the time being. Been working on getting my item level up but it's a real slog. Now I have hope though. I may even be brave enough to give it another try.

Question though. Is there any real story content BEYOND Spirit of Vengeance? I'm inclined to think there isn't, hence my relaxed attitude towards putting it off awhile. But if there is more story I'm going to want to get to it. Just tell me, please, and I'll go through the torture if needed. :D

One more point to make: to those of you 'complaining' how stupidly easy / boring this content is, Please keep in mind (zero offense intended here by the way) that there are as many types of SWTOR players as there are people, and some of us have physical issues, lead lives that leave little room for 'elite' gaming, or just don't care that much about bragging rights. I for one would appreciate it if something called Story Mode was ACTUALLY story mode, though I'm all for harder difficulties being available. Cheers, and game on!

I was wondering if the FP general difficulty and, for lack of a better phrase, mob-o-rama 'vibe' had been affected by the recent patch so I appreciate that observation.

My scoundrel is the only character I have that far along (returning player, new legacy) and he got PUMMELED repeatedly when I first ran this flashpoint. After spending way too many hard-earned credits on repairs I had to give up on it for the time being. Been working on getting my item level up but it's a real slog. Now I have hope though. I may even be brave enough to give it another try.

Question though. Is there any real story content BEYOND Spirit of Vengeance? I'm inclined to think there isn't, hence my relaxed attitude towards putting it off awhile. But if there is more story I'm going to want to get to it. Just tell me, please, and I'll go through the torture if needed. :D

One more point to make: to those of you 'complaining' how stupidly easy / boring this content is, Please keep in mind (zero offense intended here by the way) that there are as many types of SWTOR players as there are people, and some of us have physical issues, lead lives that leave little room for 'elite' gaming, or just don't care that much about bragging rights. I for one would appreciate it if something called Story Mode was ACTUALLY story mode, though I'm all for harder difficulties being available. Cheers, and game on!

There's no big event so far except a brief mention of what the mandos are doing in the latest update.

As I have said many times in this thread, Story Mode should be an easy pass for people who ONLY do story contents.

"Elite" players can do the VM and MM instead.

There's no big event so far except a brief mention of what the mandos are doing in the latest update.

As I have said many times in this thread, Story Mode should be an easy pass for people who ONLY do story contents.

"Elite" players can do the VM and MM instead.

Thanks for the information; it's appreciated. And I happen to agree with your opinion as well, though I respect the fact that others have their own points of view.

For the record, I am not afraid of difficult or challenging content. But that's the stuff I prefer to do grouped with friends or guild mates. When I'm playing solo, it's for immersion, for fun, and for story, so, yes, Story Mode all the way when it's just me :). People want to run solo stuff on Master, they're more than welcome to do so.

Heck, NONE of the lkolto stations worked yesterday when I ran it. I did manage to get past the first boss that time, no issues aside from the WAY too many, WAY too healthy silvers and the stealth-breaking every four feet LOL.

Second boss killed my companion dead within ten seconds and I didn't last much longer. Twice. When he STARTS with so many evil adds and there is only one of me, it's very hard to know who I should try taking down first.

Guess I'm once again putting this off and working on getting my IL up. The fun just never stops!

Heck, NONE of the lkolto stations worked yesterday when I ran it. I did manage to get past the first boss that time, no issues aside from the WAY too many, WAY too healthy silvers and the stealth-breaking every four feet LOL.

Second boss killed my companion dead within ten seconds and I didn't last much longer. Twice. When he STARTS with so many evil adds and there is only one of me, it's very hard to know who I should try taking down first.

Guess I'm once again putting this off and working on getting my IL up. The fun just never stops!

Sometimes the koltos are bugged

There's a few time running over them didn't do anything.

There's once where kolto didn't respawn during the second boss fight.

For the second boss, kill the healers first, then the other two silvers.

He's not too difficult once his buddies are down.

I've tried this twice now.

Once when it first came out, I got hit with the bug where cancelling the cutscene meant you couldn't progress to the end.

The FP was so long I didn't want to do it again.

Just today, after THAT issue supposedly fixed, I tried it again.

I forgot about the snipers and got killed.

I can't find my way back.

The escape pods are gone and I'm stuck on the first ship.

Stuck in the FP

Again.

I've tried this twice now.

Once when it first came out, I got hit with the bug where cancelling the cutscene meant you couldn't progress to the end.

The FP was so long I didn't want to do it again.

Just today, after THAT issue supposedly fixed, I tried it again.

I forgot about the snipers and got killed.

I can't find my way back.

The escape pods are gone and I'm stuck on the first ship.

Stuck in the FP

Again.

Yep, this sucker seems to be the gift challenge that keeps on giving. Or in this case, taking (as in our hard earned credits for repairs).

Haven't run into any issues with escape pods although I have no trouble believing it's a problem. How frustrating that must be! As for kolto stations, I am not one to use them casually but if they're there on boss fights that seem to me to be anything *but* casual, I will use them. Only if they work, of course.

I appreciate the advice on taking those healers out ASAP on the second boss. I'm not up to the slog now but next time I give it a shot I'll definitely keep that in mind!

Best of luck to all. If I manage to get through this on even one character I'll feel I truly accomplished something. And then never, ever run it again unless I quite literally have to ;-) Yes,i realize that I don't actually have to. I don't even have to play the blasted game! But I mean unless it's otherwise story breaking. Which I suspect not finishing it will be at some future point.

• 3 months later...

Hope I'm not breaking guidelines, but I'm absolutely struggling with the final boss, Heta Kol on solo-story with my Bounty Hunter Merc. I understands mercs are DPS/Healer, but she's absolutely getting creamed by the mobs Kol sends in when she flies off the arena.

I realised my BH Merc is a bit squishy. There's two obvious things and she's at Gear 282. Either I need to get better gear for her or I'm playing the BH Merc wrong for this part of the FP. My BH Merc is an Arsenal discipline.

This is something I'm not getting because I've been playing my BH aggressively and I never ran into problems until now. Last time I has issues was against Vaylin's spirit. Any tips or advice?

Cause I barely broke a sweat playing this FP with my Jedi Knight.

Edited by MMPRPink

Hope I'm not breaking guidelines, but I'm absolutely struggling with the final boss, Heta Kol on solo-story with my Bounty Hunter Merc. I understands mercs are DPS/Healer, but she's absolutely getting creamed by the mobs Kol sends in when she flies off the arena.

I realised my BH Merc is a bit squishy. There's two obvious things and she's at Gear 282. Either I need to get better gear for her or I'm playing the BH Merc wrong for this part of the FP. My BH Merc is an Arsenal discipline.

This is something I'm not getting because I've been playing my BH aggressively and I never ran into problems until now. Last time I has issues was against Vaylin's spirit. Any tips or advice?

282 certainly doesn't help, but Arsenal shouldn't be *that* squishy. You have the Reflect-O-Bubble, the Merc equivalent of Adrenaline Rush, the other bubble, at least four self-heal abilities, etc., just like Gunnery Commando does.

And follow the general tight-fight doctrines: don't "stand in stupid" (by which I mean that you should get out of enemy floor markers), kill from weak to strong, kill healers searly, use instant-cast against anything tagged "Electro-Droid" in its tooltip (they will interrupt you), etc.

And yes, I've done it on a Gunnery Commando (I prefer the hulking goodness of the cannon to a pair of poxy pistols)

Buy a "Command" stim from the Medical Service vendor droids in the FP. That gives enough +Presence to be the equivalent of +5 Influence Ranks on Rass. And if you have any carppy gifts hanging around in your inventory, hand them over if they're something he likes.

Not to worry. I don't think you're necessarily doing anything wrong - my scoundrel had a devil of a time with this fight, so much so that I almost quit the game over it (well, for a bit, I wouldn't have perma-quit).

Aside from what the previous poster said - all decent advice - I'll tell you the trick I used to survive those horrible adds, especially that nasty second wave. As soon as she jets out of reach and you know the adds are coming, head to the front of the room and into the corner. Yes, there are two fairly secluded corner spots behind crates or something. While this hardly turns you immortal, it does offer a bit of LOS protection so that you can fight these evil, evil 'mandos in smaller chunks. Once they stop coming to you, go ahead and take your companion (and your newfound dignity) and finish the suckers off. And yeah, kite all you can on the big boss herself because those stuns are evil!

You can do it! Once I figured that add survival bit out I was able to get all of my other leveled characters through, in all their many flavors of squishiness and toughness, from my assassin to my sage.

I will sum this up with three words I feel describe SoV quite succinctly, though you're free to disagree: Worst. Flashpoint. Ever. YMMV.

*We apologize for the gratuitous use of the word 'evil' in this post, but evil must be named and shamed.*

I will sum this up with three words I feel describe SoV quite succinctly, though you're free to disagree: Worst. Flashpoint. Ever. YMMV.

I can think of a way to make it worse...

Every single trash mob, even the animals, shouts "For House Inrokini!" on a loop.

Every time a new thing with slightly elevated difficulty comes out in the post-KotFE era, there is a wave of posts "This New Thing is *impossible* to beat", with a counterpoint of "What the farble are y'all talking about" to echo. Cases in point: KotET Chapter IX - the Vaylin fight, Copero - the Guardian Droid(0). I could name others (e.g. the spinning thing(1) or the Voreclaw thing(2) in Nathema Conspiracy)

After a while, though, it calms down, and we barely hear a word about it after.

(0) The only time this was awkward for me was that one time when I ran it on an adequately-geared Shadow Tank, but that was only because I'm not sufficiently familiar with how to play it to get the best from it.

(1)) Everybody was saying how awful it was, and yet Every. Single. One of my characters just stood there and took the beating with barely a scratch. Even the Shadow Tank who had switched to Infiltration halfway round the FP without bringing DPS gear with her.

(2) I barely noticed this the first time I ran it.

I can think of a way to make it worse...

Every single trash mob, even the animals, shouts "For House Inrokini!" on a loop.

Every time a new thing with slightly elevated difficulty comes out in the post-KotFE era, there is a wave of posts "This New Thing is *impossible* to beat", with a counterpoint of "What the farble are y'all talking about" to echo. Cases in point: KotET Chapter IX - the Vaylin fight, Copero - the Guardian Droid(0). I could name others (e.g. the spinning thing(1) or the Voreclaw thing(2) in Nathema Conspiracy)

After a while, though, it calms down, and we barely hear a word about it after.

(0) The only time this was awkward for me was that one time when I ran it on an adequately-geared Shadow Tank, but that was only because I'm not sufficiently familiar with how to play it to get the best from it.

(1)) Everybody was saying how awful it was, and yet Every. Single. One of my characters just stood there and took the beating with barely a scratch. Even the Shadow Tank who had switched to Infiltration halfway round the FP without bringing DPS gear with her.

(2) I barely noticed this the first time I ran it.

I had no problem with the FPs post-KOTET. Traitor arc FPs? No problem. My Knight and even my BH stormed through them. Objective Meridian FP was a walk in the park.

SoV is only now doing my nut in because my BH is getting trashed by elite tank mobs of all things. The first two bosses were fine and for the first time, my hunter is getting her beskar *** handed. There's nothing more frustrating dying three times and dealing with 1.4 million HP boss, even though Valky in KOTET Chapter IX was 10 million, then Tenebrae was only 4 million. SoV is ridiculously slightly unbalanced, cause I played the FP well after it was patched.

Regarding the FPs before SoV? They should be completely fine. If anything they're easier than SoV because the mobs are more spread out than running into one every corner you turn.

Edited by MMPRPink

i can think of a way to make it worse...

Every single trash mob, even the animals, shouts "for house inrokini!" on a loop.

Lol. 😂😂👍

(Interesting - I tried to write "L.O.L" but every time the forums changes it to "I.O.L". Riddle me that. 🤔

I certainly agree that so much new-content whining is premature and more a matter of players not having figured things out. I can honestly say though that while I did find some previous FPs challenging, and even some of the KOTET/KOTFE stuff, I always managed to get through it with a little introspection and readjusting. Yeah, even when it took several wipes and even on occasion a day's waiting between tries.

My personal opinion, and I will not state it as fact because it's definitely just one player's experience, is this flashpoint IS the worst (although thank the gods they're not shouting about House Inrokini on top of the so very, very heavy handed use of crazy tough silvers, etc.). LOL.

My issues with it are the huge amount of silver mobs, the impossible-to-prooperly-stealth-ness, the layout/length, and the story which I found utterly lacking. Yes, I know Mandalrian stuff has its (huge) fan base. I'm not part of it, really - I mean, i did enjoy the BH class story but it didn't want to make me delve into 'mando life or anything (again, just my personal take; I mean to offend nobody). I just didn't find it compelling and that *very* strong hint that there's more to come along these lines elicits a "well, that sucks" from me. Of course I'll do it if it's part of official story line but I do not look forward to it.

Having said that - and complained endlessly to my poor guild mates before I figured this **** out, lol, I'm glad I can now get through it but I will probably never voluntarily run it in GF or otherwise. And if anybody needs actual help with it, feel free to look me up on Satele Shan. My main Pub side is the scoundrel Tohrahn and my Imp side main is a tanky assassin named Fray Cassius.

Play hard!

Lol. 😂😂👍

(Interesting - I tried to write "L.O.L" but every time the forums changes it to "I.O.L". Riddle me that. 🤔

That is bizarre. Also, slight edit to my above rant: Spirit of Vengeance could also be *much* worse if it somehow merged with a PUG of Hammer Station -- still the only other VM flashpoint I won't queue for in group finder. Yeah, I will run it with friends or whatever but randoms? Nope.

In an attempt to clarify my position on this, let me say:

I do at least 5 VM and 3 MM FPs each week for CQ. It surprises me how often I seem to be the only one doing any significant damage (roughly 15-20%of the time). It is therefore quite obvious to me that there must, at least, be some problems with some players configuration and/or rotation etc. But since we can't "inspect" a forum poster, it's difficult to make suggestions for improvement for any individual.

But the bottom line is (imho) that SoV is 'harder' than other solo FPs, but it's up to the player to make the effort to learn their class and make sure their armor and weapon(s) are up to snuff. SoV is not impossible - obviously.

• 2 weeks later...

I have an update. After using my highest geared character to farm some gear, abuse the legacy bank, a trip or two to the Imperial fleet to get some barrel mods, loaded my BH with 294-298 PURPLE gear and mods to get her to IR to 295, annoyingly doing the solo-story from the start. I kicked Heta Kol's *** after stabbing my BH with a load of defence stims.

Suffice to say, I finally beat her. SoV is my least favourite FP.

Edited by MMPRPink

I have an update. After using my highest geared character to farm some gear, abuse the legacy bank, a trip or two to the Imperial fleet to get some barrel mods, loaded my BH with 294-298 PURPLE gear and mods to get her to IR to 295, annoyingly doing the solo-story from the start. I kicked Heta Kol's *** after stabbing my BH with a load of defence stims.

Suffice to say, I finally beat her. SoV is my least favourite FP.

Many congratulations! That is pretty much how I felt once I finally slogged through the darn thing. See, you had it in you. Now you know you can do it, you're obviously tougher for it, and you learned a few things along the way.

(I for one learned that I have no desire to relive that experience, although I do have one more 75 to go through it, my marauder lol). Nice work.

The latest update fixed it for me. Everything is still hard as before, but I always managed to reach the end. Now the Second Wave of the Final Boss doesn't autokill me. Some people might complain it's too easy now, but I don't care. This is for Story play. It retains its difficulty for Veteran and Master play.

I did take the bother to get all my gear to 280. It made a difference in the play through. The specific hard rooms are still hard and watch out for aggro, but now neither my character nor my Companion were near death after every fight as they used to be. Definitely kill the healers first whenever they appear.