Any ETA for Sith Classes on PTS?

Kass

All my accumulated game play experience is primarily with Sith Assassin - Darkness, both full Tank and Skank-Tank w/ 2 separate 306 full set-bonused armor builds for PvE Tanking and Unranked PvP (although I also play Deception to much enjoyment) so it's hard to play test a class I don't have any experience with, and haven't really played beyond class story.

I'd love to get my hands on what is planned for my main class to provide constructive feedback.

Is there any ETA on the Sith Classes for PTS?

I seriously doubt there will be a separate test for Juggernauts although the next runs will probably be for multiple ACs (time is running out).

If they're going to gut DCD's and then bake them into other Actives and Passives, then like this guy said here: https://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=995367 (Its long but very well argued)

... they are actually nerfing us, and I sure as heck want to test that for myself and judge accordingly. To do any less on such an important revision to a core game mechanic shouldn't be surveyed via just a single class.

Edited by Kass

As someone who mained assassin for a few months after getting back into the game last, I am seriously worried for their survivability if they lose dcds. Their dcds are already some of the worst in the game outside of force shroud. I don't see a situation in which the devs could argue that assassins should only get to choose one between phantom stride, saber ward and overcharge saber (for e.g.) like guardian has had to.

Fingers crossed their defensives actually get buffs...

As someone who mained assassin for a few months after getting back into the game last, I am seriously worried for their survivability if they lose dcds. Their dcds are already some of the worst in the game outside of force shroud. I don't see a situation in which the devs could argue that assassins should only get to choose one between phantom stride, saber ward and overcharge saber (for e.g.) like guardian has had to.

My test dps guardian has saber ward and enure. So really he's got 2 dcds. If your dps assassin gets more than that I'll cry "bloody murder"... but I can't imagine any class getting less than that ;>

Edited by Savej

My test dps guardian has saber ward and enure. So really he's got 2 dcds. If your dps assassin gets more than that I'll cry "bloody murder"... but I can't imagine any class getting less than that ;>

To be fair, enure has half the cooldown of overcharge saber, cleanses on pts and gives double the amount that overcharge heals in temp health, but I get your point haha

PTS guardian feels like a glass cannon without the special powder.

I've always played Assassin Darkness, if they knee cap my class I'm done - I went through this none sense with SWG Master Commando, not doing it again! :d_evil:

I've always played Assassin Darkness, if they knee cap my class I'm done - I went through this none sense with SWG Master Commando, not doing it again! :d_evil:

Sadly I never had the chance to play SWG, by the time I knew about it it was about to be dead, but I've heard the horror tales and seen a lot of posts comparing what is happening in SWTOR to what happened with SWG and while I'm still hopeful and crossing my fingers the devs listen to our suggestions and feedback, the expansion launches in less than half a year which leaves very little time to test and alter every class.

Sadly I never had the chance to play SWG, by the time I knew about it it was about to be dead, but I've heard the horror tales and seen a lot of posts comparing what is happening in SWTOR to what happened with SWG and while I'm still hopeful and crossing my fingers the devs listen to our suggestions and feedback, the expansion launches in less than half a year which leaves very little time to test and alter every class.

The Ability Pruning is what needs to be thrown out or at the very minimum pushed back and dealt with incrementally.

Because without buy in from the existing player base, through a clear and expansive table discussion via Twitch Live stream with a moderated Q&A from players who have a clue, this is probably going to blow up in their faces.

Not because Bioware means any harm, but because EA has such a sordid reputation that colors everything they develop.

I wouldn't want to be a Bioware employee right now, with this guillotine from EA hanging over my head to increase active account numbers.

... dang its almost like a plot out of a Sith Empire story line if you really think about it?! :sy_darkside:

The Ability Pruning is what needs to be thrown out or at the very minimum pushed back and dealt with incrementally.

I wouldn't want to be a Bioware employee right now, with this guillotine from EA hanging over my head to increase active account numbers.

I imagine the fact that FF14 sold out of digital copies and doesn't have the server capacity because so many people are playing it isn't helping...EA execs are probably all like "Why can't you be more like those guys!!?! Also we're cutting funding and removing another few devs to put on Anthem 2.0 or whatever"

Seriously, keep main abilities baseline and give us ability morph passives in the ABC skill tree slots where you'd choose those abilities instead. Merge a couple things here and there like freezing force, guard for tank spec only. Adjust dcds on a class by class basis, not choose one out of the three you currently have...

(Also I was really hoping for a PTS update post today seeing as how it's now been two weeks since it came out :/ )

Edited by LordCamTheGreat

I imagine the fact that FF14 sold out of digital copies and doesn't have the server capacity because so many people are playing it isn't helping...EA execs are probably all like "Why can't you be more like those guys!!?! Also we're cutting funding and removing another few devs to put on Anthem 2.0 or whatever"

Seriously, keep main abilities baseline and give us ability morph passives in the ABC skill tree slots where you'd choose those abilities instead. Merge a couple things here and there like freezing force, guard for tank spec only. Adjust dcds on a class by class basis, not choose one out of the three you currently have...

(Also I was really hoping for a PTS update post today seeing as how it's now been two weeks since it came out :/ )

Why are people so obsessed with removing freezing force? Geez, you don't use it in pve fine, take it out your bars, but it's the only way a jugg has to pop stealthers out and to slow down the force speed spamming inquisitors in pvp, they already wanna remove guardian leap and freezing force how the hell is a jugg supposed to move around when everyone and their mothers has stealth, force speed, hydraulics, rolls and teleports?

I do agree with the guard for tanks only, dps having it was a slip up by devs when they removed stances anyways, since they have already nerfed dmg when a dps uses it they can take it off dps if they want.

Edited by TevosisHot

Why are people so obsessed with removing freezing force? Geez, you don't use it in pve fine, take it out your bars, but it's the only way a jugg has to pop stealthers out and to slow down the force speed spamming inquisitors in pvp, they already wanna remove guardian leap and freezing force how the hell is a jugg supposed to move around when everyone and their mothers has stealth, force speed, hydraulics, rolls and teleports?

I do agree with the guard for tanks only, dps having it was a slip up by devs when they removed stances anyways, since they have already nerfed dmg when a dps uses it they can take it off dps if they want.

I'd personally rather they don't remove anything and leave us with all the tools. Wouldn't be so bad if PVP and PVE were balanced separately so stealthers can't be completely invisible within 10m - a change that only happened because the PVE blackout skills got merged into base stealth and PVP wasn't altered separately to compensate. Without blade blitz, guardian leap and freezing force ( + slow and movement speed buff utilities) juggs and guardians will lose by default to any ranged class in PVP.

One change I saw that I really liked was merging guardian leap and force leap into one ability with two charges that could target enemies and allies. This is a merge that makes a tonne of sense as they're practically the same ability anyway, just one targets an ally and the other targets an enemy. Keep the friendly damage reduction by giving it to tank specs only through a passive.

One change I saw that I really liked was merging guardian leap and force leap into one ability with two charges that could target enemies and allies. This is a merge that makes a tonne of sense as they're practically the same ability anyway, just one targets an ally and the other targets an enemy. Keep the friendly damage reduction by giving it to tank specs only through a passive.

Guardian leap does have a threat and dmg reduction tied to it tho, dunno if they can make it have that too if it shares ability with charge. Then again the alternative is them removing it anyways so... xD

Amazon's New World "closed beta" just started for people that preordered that. The login queue was 24 min a couple hours ago (I'm not in that big of a hurry to play that but I secured a character name). Interest in MMOs isn't dead.

Those how fail to learn from History, are Doomed to repeat it.

SOE also went: Hey why can't we be more like those guys?!

And look what that turned into.

"This isn't going to go the way you think" is an apt Star Wars quote that comes to mind Bioware EA.