The most humorous part of this whole mess.....

LJ_Gibbs

I just find it funny that people have wanted a "Weapon Customization" for so long.

Players: "Let us use sniper rifles on our BHs. Let me use two sabers on my guardian. Etc."

BW: Hey, here comes 7.0's "Combat Styles"

Players: YEA!

BW: Let's test one class' "Combat Style"

Players: YEA!

PTS: Here's your guardian with streamlined abilities.

Players: ***!

BW: OH, yeah, we are giving you more customization by taking away a lot of stuff you have. You might get some back, you might not.

Players: :(:mad:

Yeah, i only wanted my BH or Commando for ex. to be able to use a blaster rifle...or some other tech ranged weapon just for being able to...no changes of skills along with that ..just an optical change... instead I'm getting an Overhaul... Sigh... Edited by Dimitir

LOL so true. I saw the news and was like "sweet, i'm a closed beta founder and I've been waiting for this my whole SWTOR life - can't wait to have a Powertech with a rifle or maybe use a pike on my guardian/juggs, or even swap mirror animations"

The lamest part is that you still won't be able to use a blaster rifle on your Powertech; you'll be playing trooper or op.

oof

Careful what you ask for...

I mean the point most people are making is that literally no one asked for this, and when presented with the majority of negative feedback they doubled down trying to explain why they are doing it.

It's like going to a pizza place and ordering your usual pepperoni and the dude at the counter telling you he's giving you a calzone and doubling down on why calzone is better after you tell him no.

I mean the point most people are making is that literally no one asked for this, and when presented with the majority of negative feedback they doubled down trying to explain why they are doing it.

It's like going to a pizza place and ordering your usual pepperoni and the dude at the counter telling you he's giving you a calzone and doubling down on why calzone is better after you tell him no.

EXACTLY! lol

Pretty much where I am. I just wanted my Jugg to be able to use two sabers or even a dualsaber, not have to become a marauder or sin to do so. I'm usually a wait and see, cautiously optimistic person...but so far this doesn't appeal to me for any existing characters. Maybe for a brand new toon it would be kinda cool to do the Inquisitor story line as a Jugg, but even that is still pretty meh.

It's a real monkey's paw. I wanted a Bounty Hunter that could use a rifle, and still be a Bounty Hunter. Instead, I'll have a pseudo-Bounty Hunter that is really a Sniper, albeit with a greatly reduced skillset.

I'd rather just use a pistol, at this stage.

I have the feeling that this ability pruning was only recently green-lighted--May or possibly even June--based on how downright botched the PTS rollout has been.

Comat styles should work like this: Dark side Jedi Consulars get to hurl lightning instead of pebbles and rocks. Light Sided sorcs get to fling rocks and pebbles instead of going zap-zap. (All depending on level of alignment with mix of powers).

I have the feeling that this ability pruning was only recently green-lighted--May or possibly even June--based on how downright botched the PTS rollout has been.

Comat styles should work like this: Dark side Jedi Consulars get to hurl lightning instead of pebbles and rocks. Light Sided sorcs get to fling rocks and pebbles instead of going zap-zap. (All depending on level of alignment with mix of powers).

That sounds awful.