Can I get more of an explanation?

goldladin

So from what I'm understanding, you don't get to mix class skills, you don't really get to use different weapon types, let's say a double bladed marauder so.... What in the holy heck is this suppose to be? All I'm seeing is that you can be a trooper with an different advanced tool-kit, say a trooper going through the trooper story, but be a sniper instead of vanguard or commando.

If this is to open up character variety so players don't need like 30 alts, then okay? But won't this break the base class story-lines? I highly doubt they're going to give us new cut-scenes of lets say a trooper killing a character with a sniper rifle.

https://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=995231

I also noted that on 07/19 they have scheduled a Dev Team Feature - Ashley Ruhl and SWTOR Cinematics.

Given those pieces I am beginning to feel more and more like we are seeing a refresh of the games older content - namely class stories and perhaps all or most cinematics. Perhaps this includes an update to show our combat style weapons in the cutscenes instead of the default class weapons? I am eager to hear more this coming Monday.

If this is to open up character variety so players don't need like 30 alts, then okay? But won't this break the base class story-lines? I highly doubt they're going to give us new cut-scenes of lets say a trooper killing a character with a sniper rifle.

Think.

For the gun classes, it's easy - everyone uses a pistol in cut-scenes anyway:

* Gunslingers and Scoundrels and Mercenaries and PTs use one because that's what they have.

* Commandos and Vanguards and Operatives and Snipers pull out the Magic Invisible Service Pistol.

That's how it is now, so that's how it will be in 7.0. (Exception: there's a few cut-scenes on starter planets where Troopers and Agents were (before 4.0/5.0) still the base class, using a blaster rifle. Those could be ... interesting, but they are already broken for Commandos *now*.)

For Force users, it's much the same - on starter worlds, characters will pull the mainhand from their back (training sabre or training Electrostaff), and elsewhere they'll pull it from their hips (even if they are wearing it on their backs).

That particular thing will not be an issue.