How to access the Jedi Knight on PTS

JackieKo

• Dev Post

Ready to dive into PTS? Here are the steps you need to follow in order to try out the Jedi Guardian and Sentinel.

• Create a NEW Jedi Guardian/Sentinel. You will spawn in during the first scene of the Jedi Knight. You can safely escape out of this cutscene.
  • All PTS characters have been deleted in order to ensure 7.0 compatibility, so character transfer is off for this phase. Character copy (from live servers) will not be available until later phases of testing.
  • Your new Jedi Guardian/Sentinel will begin on Tython. Head towards the first taxi area and you’ll see a “PTS Droid” waiting to teleport you to the Republic Fleet. Do not take the taxi. Look to the right and you will see a droid named PTS Fleet Teleport (-547, -1254 coordinates)
  • This will take you to Tython and Ord Mantell Departures Area. Leave this area into the main level of the fleet.
  • Hook a right into the Combat Training area of the fleet into the northern most room where the Jedi Knight trainer is.
  • Once there, start by speaking to the [PTS] CD-3 Combat Specializer Droid (-4889, -4628). Press K to select your Discipline and go through selecting your abilities/passives from the Ability Tree. (This is a first look into the new UI so please note the WIP markers)
  • Gear up using the nearby PTS vendors, then speak with the Onderon Dreams travel agent droid to head over to Onderon, if you want to test out some level 75 world content with your new build! The dailies terminal in Iziz will have a special quest on it that grants access to the daily missions, a free mount, and a companion.
    • Please note that Speeder Piloting level 3 is granted through this terminal.

[*]Because you may not have a personal ship, there’s a droid next to the Onderon dailies terminal that will teleport you back to the fleet.

[*]Lastly, speak to the Onderon Dreams: Travel Agent Droid which will teleport you to Onderon.

[*]Head out to the Onderon Mission Terminal (706, -281) to pick up various Daily and Weekly Missions to playtest the updated Jedi Guardian/Sentinel!

[*]Reminder to summon a companion ��

Please let us know if you experience any issues.

What we would like you to test out:

• Check out the new ability paths across all disciplines and variations. Remember that the full version will allow you to make your own choices, but in this phase we’re just testing out some specific layouts of abilities.
  • Head to Onderon and play some dailies to see how the new rotations feel!

At this time, we would love to read feedback from your experience. Your feedback will help us determine if we are on the correct path to achieving our goals of making the class feel less encumbered and customization more concise.

Please leave your Jedi Guardian feedback here

Please leave your Jedi Sentinel feedback here

Thank you!

EDIT: Included more details steps on how to access PTS as well as coordinates for droids.

EDIT 2: Modified to include Sentinel messaging.

EDIT 3: Added bullet point regarding Speeder Piloting level for mount.

EDIT 4: Updated directions as Ability Tree is now available.

Edited by JackieKo

You guys had to go and pick Onderon dailies?! Did your metrics tell you people love them?

You can travel to any other area you wish. I decided to go do one of the KOTEF chapters and was able to do that. You are not stuck on Onderon to test.

I guess base Knight abilities like Force Kick and Resolute aren't available? Not sure what we're supposed to be testing if that's the case. Tanks absolutely need both an interrupt and a stun break. The 270 gear thing is definitely an issue but it's nothing compared to missing bread and butter abilities.

I guess base Knight abilities like Force Kick and Resolute aren't available? Not sure what we're supposed to be testing if that's the case. Tanks absolutely need both an interrupt and a stun break. The 270 gear thing is definitely an issue but it's nothing compared to missing bread and butter abilities.

You can upgrade your gear on PTS. I did and I have 306.

What is the process for upgrading to 306? And why should players have to do it on PTS?

Simple, go to Odesson click the machine (it gives you credits as well) and you can get the max and then go to the vendor on the fleet that gives you the mods and place it in your gear. It took me about twice getting the max to get my gear to 306. The relics are already 306 if you get those from the vendor next to the tacticals and the gear.

I agree that maybe that BW should have just upgraded the gear instead of us doing it, but they didn't. The reason I got it as most of my characters on live are 306 so I wanted to test the guardian with the gear I have on live to see how it stacks against that.

So far, I am not liking what I saw. First of all, who had that great idea of taking away Saber Throw? I can understand removing the "overcomplicated" Utilities and integrating the perks they offer into the abilities as bonuses and passives.

But why did you have to go and take away all the combat proficiencies skills that actually matter?

Maybe Saber Throw is still there, on Defense loadout B, but I wouldn't know since it's BROKEN. I tried to change but when I said "Loadout B, please", the PTS Droid calmly said "Setting you to Defense, loadout A". So yeah. Not working.

After this, there is the biggest problem here for me: the character created is way TOO WEAK. It doesn't feel like a Lv 75 to be honest. Or a very much undergeared one. Little to no defense and endurance. And what's with you telling us to summon a companion? What for? To watch them die pathetically after taking three hits? A Lv 1 companion is absolutely no use in a Lv 75 environment. I used Shae Viszla; she was doing very little damage and was laughably easy to kill. And I sometimes followed right after her. I you want us to use a companion, then you should unlock for us the companions we should have after finishing the main story of the Jedi Knight. They'd be of some use.

Edited by Ludsama

Going to Odessen: Choose to start KOTFE and quit before actually starting it. Or start Spirit of Vengeance and "Exit Area." Things like that. I don't think you can use the Galaxy Map.

You can use the galaxy map. I have. I went to Odesson before I started doing the KoTFE stuff.

Edited by casirabit

You can use the galaxy map. I have. I went to Odesson before I started doing the KoTFE stuff.

OK I figured out the gear upgrade process, kind of a kludge but it works:

Open Chapters and launch the first chapter of KOTFE. Confirm you want to do this. This gives you a ship.

Go to Odessen. Turn around and behind you there is a slot machine.

Right click on the slot machine and you will get 10 million credits and 1000 tech fragments each time. Do this 11 times and you'll have tech fragments.

Now you can buy mod items (hilts, armorings, mods, enhancements, etc.) from the SoW vendor on Fleet. Slot them as you go and your item level will go up, and thus so will the item level of each piece you get. Rinse and repeat until you get to 306. If you need more tech fragments go back to Odessen and hit the slot machine some more.

It's a super kludgey way to do it, but at least you can get gear.

Why we wouldn't just get full 306 gear from the vendors on fleet is beyond me. Seems like it would be trivial to change some numbers around in the vendor data and make the process simple so we can get down to testing without coming up with kludges.

HOWEVER MORE IMPORTANTLY: we're still missing Force Kick and Resolute. I tried deleting/recreating my character, picking both loadouts, etc. No joy and I don't see how anyone is testing tanking without these abilities.

Edited by spifbv

It's a super kludgey way to do it, but at least you can get gear.

Why we wouldn't just get full 306 gear from the vendors on fleet is beyond me.

Exactly. I didn't feel like doing busy work so I can test for BW. So, I played some with the gear that the game gave me. Wrote up my impressions elsewhere. Not impressed. :-)

Edited by mike_carton

I tested it again. I followed what it said in post #1 of the the thread and created a new character. You can't just use the Galaxy Map without first doing what I suggested with KOTFE. It says "You do not have a ship."