Jedi Guardian Feedback

JackieKo

I could not have said it better myself. About 99 percent of your community is pleading with you that what you are trying to do is not wanted or needed. I do not trust that you have enough Devs and teams to truly balance stuff around these changes. It is simple. Make ability A, B and C do this if you are in PVP or PVE. I mean you already do that with taunts. I just do not get why you are trying to dumb something down. The game was way better in 2x. Go back to the basics, please. I mean you all added so much stuff to appease PVP players. What that caused was every class having a ton of gap closers and compounding the same issue you are trying to fix. However if you want to go ahead with them you will succeed in shooting the game in the head. Take a page form WoW and do "talents" Stop taking things away that are important..... Go back to what worked much better and made the game way more fun. Said a concerned player.

This has to be the worst thing to ever happen to SWTOR. I guess BioWare trying to dumb down the game somehow will make players sub to a crappy overhauled combat system. This is exactly what Sony Online Entertainment did with Star Wars: Galaxies, which eventually caused the game to shut down.
Edited by OasisKid

• Replies 554
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I could not have said it better myself. About 99 percent of your community is pleading with you that what you are trying to do is not wanted or needed. I do not trust that you have enough Devs and teams to truly balance stuff around these changes. It is simple. Make ability A, B and C do this if you are in PVP or PVE. I mean you already do that with taunts. I just do not get why you are trying to dumb something down. The game was way better in 2x. Go back to the basics, please. I mean you all added so much stuff to appease PVP players. What that caused was every class having a ton of gap closers and compounding the same issue you are trying to fix. However if you want to go ahead with them you will succeed in shooting the game in the head. Take a page form WoW and do "talents" Stop taking things away that are important..... Go back to what worked much better and made the game way more fun. Said a concerned player.

They have killed the game if those changes go ahead so much for interrupts on bosses R.I.P anything that needs that interrupt this shows how out of touch some devs and players are ones that just sit on the fleet and play space barbie will have no idea how important certain abilities are in SWTOR.

If they remove certain things from boss encounters what will it break we have seen this before in SWTOR and it's not a good outcome.

Bad idea 1: Having me to choose between A or B. (Who asked for this?)

Bad idea 2: The "Through Peace" Utility is change from Reducing Focused Defense by 30 seconds to Reducing Enure by 30 seconds.

I never posted on the forums. This is my first post ever since I played swtor.

Bioware just scrap this idea and actually fix classes that needs fixing.

Bad idea 1: Having me to choose between A or B. (Who asked for this?)

Bad idea 2: The "Through Peace" Utility is change from Reducing Focused Defense by 30 seconds to Reducing Enure by 30 seconds.

I never posted on the forums. This is my first post ever since I played swtor.

Bioware just scrap this idea and actually fix classes that needs fixing.

Yeah they will need to make a balance pass to all the set bonuses too if they want this whole thing to work, on top of balancing all the encounters with the loadouts in mind, not to mention pvp balance. Also as said previously is a lot harder to balance abilities that do 3 or 4 different things like they wanna implement and can be used by 3 different specs.

Hey there, so because no new content was out and no new expansion in sight I quit the game like after 6.0 -6.1 a long time ago, came back and resubbed 3 weeks ago... and I see this post about taking way my abilities and first thought is just unsub and just be sad that they will ruin the game, or just play until the next expansion 7.0 and quit then.

THIS IS THE 10 year anniversary expansion, I have been waiting for this for years now and INSTEAD OF GIVING US something because we have been here so long and supported you YOU TAKE AWAY OUR ABILITIES and 66% of em........ I gave the last money I had that month for shadow of Revan Expansion, I still remember that, and YES that is how much I love SWOTOR.

Please don`t ruin it by taking away so many abilities........

PLEASE don`t disappoint everyone who has been here for years and years and came back with love every time.

I am extremely sad to see this.

THE Passives ideea is cool keep it give us that but don`t take away anything.

Celebrations are about giving not taking.....

Signed, A great Revan and SWOTOR, KOTOR fan and Wookie guild member!

Edited by adiiiitroll

Let me try to give a feedback, from my point of view, about the guardian on pts and the idea of making us choose between defensives:

I've been playing the game for a while now, there was a time when you could not cheese stuff and even hm fights were not boring. They got boring after 6.0 and veteran's edge. The abilites we have were never the issue, never. You managed to balance all 3 tank classes with 6.0, emergency power was what vg/pt tanks always needed. You see, it's not about having too many defensives. If you think we can cheese too many stuff by doing this or that tactic, change the fights, not the classes. Check dps leaderboard on parsely, see if any dps spec needs a bit more balance and change its dps, no need to change every class. The fight is boring for healers? Increase dtps, rebalance things to new level. Mark my words, a lot of people will get cheevos when 7.0 comes, because fights will be a lot easier and unbalanced. The game will be boring, you had this on 6.0, we'll have a lot of bugs and scaling issues. You will remove people's cheevos and rebalance things. But it will be all too easy, even after that. Ignoring this thread's feedback is counter intuitive, if you think feedbacks are not good, it means people are angry with what they're seeing, disappointed, sad. Give us a good reason to ignore 90% of what was said here. People didn't like what they've seen so far, is that really something you want to ignore? How is that good for business? You hope the expansion will bring new players, but is this what you want, for old players to leave? There are so many updates people have been asking for years. I've never seen one single player saying we need less defensives. Not one. Some on this thread want it, sure. But you have the vast majority of players saying they don't want it and your answer was just "we'll do it anyway, doesn't matter what feedback you give". GG bioware, gg. I can see the love you have for players. I can't wait for the mobile version with 4 skills! Will love to play swtor on my cellphone. Oh, i hope we get a western duel version on 8.0, fastest one to click wins! All we ever wanted for swtor!

I have been maining Vigililance Guardian for a while and decided to take a look at the changes in the PTS and I have to say that it feels extremely off to me.

I tried out both of the builds offered and the core thing that feels bad is the lack of abilities. I realize that the team's idea is to make a lot of abilities choices. I respect this idea because it seemingly would make customization more interesting. However, one of the things I enjoy most about swtor is that it has more complex and, by extension, more engaging rotations due to the amount of abilities and the decision making involved. Furthermore, when it really comes down to it, this is not a more customizable way of playing your class at all. This is an mmo, so there will always be a "meta" route. And the vast majority of the playerbase will follow this meta route while those who don't are almost always punished for not following it since it is completely impossible to perfectly balance every single option. Its important to acknowledge that the playerbase will find the meta route and that there will be no decision making at all. That being the case, that makes this new system simply an ability prune as opposed to an important choice.

Thats what feels the most off about Guardian currently. Simply the lack of abilities. It doesn't feel quite as fun without that decision making and fun in depth rotation. I find myself having to press my filler more often because there aren't enough other abilities there and it feels AWFUL to have to press the filler button. So much of the utility is gone now too and the little optimizations seperating a good guardian from an amazing guardian. In fact, at least the way the current two builds play, there will be no difference between a good and a great guardian and that feels awful.

I like the idea of this new progression system but it is impossible to ignore the fact that this is an mmo and in reality there will not be much choice involved at all. I implore you guys to acknowledge this and find a solution that feels impactful but does not stray quite as hard from how Guardian feels currently, as I feel its current iteration on live servers is very well implemented.

Bioware: Here a tactical that can reduce the cd on enraged defense to 40s instead of the usual 2 mins.

Also bioware: We are removing abilities that have been in the game as useful tools since 1.0 since you have too many defensive cooldowns.

:rolleyes:

Bioware: Here a tactical that can reduce the cd on enraged defense to 40s instead of the usual 2 mins.

Also bioware: We are removing abilities that have been in the game as useful tools since 1.0 since you have too many defensive cooldowns.

:rolleyes:

BioWare: I’ve brought peace, freedom, justice, and security to my new Empire!

Players: Your new Empire?

BioWare: Don’t make me ban you.

Players: BioWare, our allegiances are to the complex combat system, to the skills!

BioWare: If you’re not with me, then you’re my enemy.

Players: Only The Sith deal in absolutes. I will do what I must. *ignites feedback comments*

BioWare: You will try.

Edited by Labranth

Does this feel like a Jedi Guardian? Please explain why or why not.

No, it feels like a dumbed down level 12 version of a Jedi Guardian due to lack of abilities.

Is there anything that feels missing or out of place in the combat rotation?

Tons of abilities missing. This is horrible.

What are your initial thoughts with the effectiveness of the Jedi Guardian against enemies?

Effective, fine.. Fun? No. Boring.

How are you enjoying or not enjoying this class?

NOT enjoying it

If you have feedback on the different disciplines and ability paths, please note your feedback accordingly so we can track it.

DO NOT REDUCE ABILTIIES. Make more

So, if we are losing half of our most important abilities to deal with things, are the ops bosses also going to lose half of the damage they deal? Or maybe half of their core mechanics?

That's what they say... but I have zero faith it will work properly in the time they have left. I mean... they "say" they are testing each class... and they will adjust accordingly. Which should require more testing, no?

The only way they will get it done is if what they have done is set and stone and nothing will get tweaked before release.

Yup, supposedly npc fights will be rebalanced (at least fps and ops), though if we're going off the current PTS release schedule, there'll be around a month or less for us to test all the heroics, all the flashpoints and all the ops with a wide array of different potential groups...which isn't gonna happen. I want to be proven wrong and see much faster iteration on the PTS, including more direct back and forth between the devs and players, but we also need to test loadouts and there hasn't even been a hint about them reaching PTS anytime soon and further, with combat styles still in a state of flux up to release - when are new tacticals and set bonuses going to be made? When will current ones be rebalanced?

That's what they say... but I have zero faith it will work properly in the time they have left.

Four more months of expansion development, and then two more years of them scrambling to rebalance all the content they'll unbalance with these changes, lel

Edited by DjiiniTwo

Yup, supposedly npc fights will be rebalanced (at least fps and ops), though if we're going off the current PTS release schedule, there'll be around a month or less for us to test all the heroics, all the flashpoints and all the ops with a wide array of different potential groups...which isn't gonna happen. I want to be proven wrong and see much faster iteration on the PTS, including more direct back and forth between the devs and players, but we also need to test loadouts and there hasn't even been a hint about them reaching PTS anytime soon and further, with combat styles still in a state of flux up to release - when are new tacticals and set bonuses going to be made? When will current ones be rebalanced?

This is why I wish BW would just release Combat Styles with the current ability sets.

That's what most people I know were excited for/wanted when it was announced, outside of a suggestion that wasn't ever going to happen, i.e. using different weapon types on current advanced classes (an Assassin with 2 sabers, for example).

This would free up the developers to polish 7.0's content, and fix a lot of bugs that have accumulated over time. The latter affects the basic player experience in the game, and has rarely been in a worse state.

Instead, what BW is attempting to pull off seems, from the outside, crazy. They'll need to redesign or rebalance the entire game, and fix all the bugs that come out of simplifying classes, and finish 7.0's content.

I always looked forward to SWTOR expansions, even when they weren't the type I would have preferred (KotFE and KotET, namely). 7.0 has me sincerely wishing it was just another Onslaught-like expansion, small but meaningful in what it changed about the game, added for players.

Edited by arunav

This is why I wish BW would just release Combat Styles with the current ability sets.

That's what most people I know were excited for/wanted when it was announced, outside of a suggestion that wasn't ever going to happen, i.e. using different weapon types on current advanced classes (an Assassin with 2 sabers, for example).

This would free up the developers to polish 7.0's content, and fix a lot of bugs that have accumulated over time. The latter affects the basic player experience in the game, and has rarely been in a worse state.

Instead, what BW is attempting to pull off seems, from the outside, crazy. They'll need to redesign or rebalance the entire game, and fix all the bugs that come out of simplifying classes, and finish 7.0's content.

I always looked forward to SWTOR expansions, even when they weren't the type I would have preferred (KotFE and KotET, namely). 7.0 has me sincerely wishing it was just another Onslaught-like expansion, small but meaningful in what it changed about the game, added for players.

This is also only the tip of the iceberg because all manner of tech and ui improvements, pvp improvements, story etc are going to be added throughout the whole of next year post expansion launch. This 10th year is a very big undertaking and it feels like the devs may have bit off more than they can chew. Again, I sincerely hope to be proven wrong and my cynicism and criticisms are gut reactions layered above underlying hope for the game.

To give some context I've been playing this game since beta. I've taken some time off here and there, but always came back to it because of three things:

(not ordered)

1. It's Star Wars

2. Most of the original class storylines are great and I've replayed them time and time again. The latest story content as also been pretty good.

3. The complexity of the combat system. Yes it's a plus for some people. Why? Simple after years of playing the game small tweaks that are made to it can have drastic changes on you rotation. Take vigilance guardian for example. With Hemophilic Slash you want to save up your blade barrage reset.

#3 is actually why I stopped playing Elder Scrolls Online (ESO) and came back to SWTOR. In ESO I reached a point where there wasn't anything left for me to learn in my rotation, but I had plenty of content left to play... With nothing to progress on what's the point though? I can just watch the story on YouTube and move on. And so I came back to SWTOR to play around with some of the new tacticals on different classes.

Recently I've been playing as guardian as a 'main' so I think my feedback is well placed here: I tried Vigilance A and B, B keep more abilities so it wasn't as bad, but A was horrendous.

-Does this feel like a Jedi Guardian? Please explain why or why not.

No.

It's missing key iconic abilities:

Vigilant Thrust / Force Sweep, Saber Reflect, Saber Ward, Saber Throw, Blade Blitz, Dispatch / Whirling Blade, Enure, Awe, GUARDIAN leap, force clarity, freezing force, Valorous Call, cyclone slash and more are all very useful tools

Not all of these abilities are core to the Vigilance Guardian, but ALL of them are useful. Knowing when and how to use them is what differentiates an average player from a good one.

I've been playing this game for so long that I barely know the key bindings for most of my abilities. Muscle memory kicks in. When I saw multiple enemies around me I pressed 5, but nothing happened because Vigilant Thrust was gone. When I saw an enemy come from far away and I was low on focus I pressed shift+8, but nothing happened because saber throw is gone, when I saw a low hp enemy I pressed shift+3, but nothing happened because whirling blade was gone.

This was frustrating at first, but then it was just disappointing, because I realized that what I had come to truly love about this game was the flow of abilities that we learn an build over time. The chaining of all of those things that create a symphony when you play this game. That was gone. I is replaced by a shell of what it used to be.

-Is there anything that feels missing or out of place in the combat rotation?

Vigilant Thrust / Force Sweep, Saber Reflect, Saber Ward, Saber Throw, Blade Blitz, Dispatch / Whirling Blade, Enure, Awe, GUARDIAN leap, force clarity, freezing force, Valorous Call, cyclone slash

It may seem like we're reaching for straws, but things as simple as using Enure / Valorous Call while using other abilities because those are off the global cooldown is really what makes this combat system fun. It's the chaining of abilities to create this rhythm that you get into. It's not just hitting buttons to make numbers pop up.

-What are your initial thoughts with the effectiveness of the Jedi Guardian against enemies?

It can still kill stuff, but it's lost all its appeal. As I mentioned above it's a shell of a class I love.

-How are you enjoying or not enjoying this class?

Not at all. I would not play this class in it's current state nor would I play this game if all classes feels like this.

This feels like a shell of the class I'm currently playing on the main sever.

-If you have feedback on the different disciplines and ability paths, please note your feedback accordingly so we can track it.

I only tried Vigilance A & B and was very disappointed so I stopped there to write feedback.

I'm also a game dev and I was a part of multiple projects where I and other devs gave feedback and it was ignored. I was on the SWBF2 dev team and we told higher ups the loot crate system wasn't a good idea, they did not listen. I'm currently on a project that is getting destroyed by the public on feedback that was given years ago, but they did not listen.

You're lucky enough to have a community that loves this game and wants it to succeed. We're telling you this rework of the combat system is a BAD idea. PLEASE listen.

I'm not sure what the goal is here: Attract a more casual crowd? Reduce the number of animations to allow the use off different weapons on different advanced classes? Make balancing easier?

I don't know if this call even came from the Dev Team, because I know some calls can be made by higher ups that have little to no contact with you all, but what I know is that this isn't a direction I want this game to head into. And it seems like this is a sentiment echoed by lots of players.

I also know that there are lots of areas that need love in this game much more then the combat system:

There are tons of quests in this game that aren't really worth running other then for the story. Why not add a companion gifts currency (there use to be artifact gift fragments) and add those to side quests, bonus series and heroics. (I know crates give rng gifts, but you don't get to choose the ones you need)

Make world bosses worth running. Why not drop a WB crates per player on those and have a decent amount of fragments in those? Give those crates to light and dark bosses too.

Make ops worth running. Right now people are only running TC. I'm a veteran and I still have not been able to run Dxun because no one wants to run it.

Why not balance the old ops? It feels like this would be much easier then rebalancing the whole game.

Bring back the op of the week system (Master mode drops in a different Veteran op each week)

Remove item breakage in OPs! This always bothered me why are PvP areas exempt from repair bills, but people who raid loose all their cash running ops. This could also make it much easier for newer players to try ops.

Add weapons to the outfit system!

To be honest there is so much that could be done to better this game. Fiddling with the combat system is far from being one in my opinion.

Considering the abilities you mention as missing "Vigilant Thrust / Force Sweep, Saber Reflect, Saber Ward, Saber Throw, Blade Blitz, Dispatch / Whirling Blade, Enure, Awe, GUARDIAN leap, force clarity, freezing force, Valorous Call, cyclone slash". I recommend talking to the droid again (it's a known bug) or looking in your abilities window.

Vigilant Thrust, Whirling Blade, Guardian Leap and Cyclone Slash should all be available for both Vigilance loadouts. One of the loadouts also has Enure, while the other one has Blade Blitz.

I'm not sure what the goal is here: Attract a more casual crowd? Reduce the number of animations to allow the use off different weapons on different advanced classes? Make balancing easier?

I don't know if this call even came from the Dev Team, because I know some calls can be made by higher ups that have little to no contact with you all, but what I know is that this isn't a direction I want this game to head into. And it seems like this is a sentiment echoed by lots of players.

I have also come around to believing that this ability pruning business was imposed from above. My evidence is simple: this has been the most inept handling of PTS that I have ever seen in this game. It feels like someone above Keith just came up with this idea in May and now the Team is scrambling to throw this stuff together, and this includes rebalancing the whole game. Insanity. This decision was likely made by a bean-counter who--if they had played a video-game at some point in their life--probably only played the original SMB, Pong or Pitfall for a few days. But this executive has worked out an equation for the average amount of in-game currency a new subscriber will buy during the first week of play and out to the end of the first three months to aid in generating a ballpark figure for quarterly profits off of shop sales. If they reach X dollars, this exec gets a bonus.

Edited by robwettengel

Please, for the love of SWTOR, listen to the player base and ditch these changes. They won't go well.

These changes do not increase player choice or customization, nor does it encourage the use of a broader range of abilities. Currently, I can use blade blitz to cheese things like doom, or to give myself invulnerability for a second, or to quickly reposition, or just for extra DR. If I plan on using it a lot, I can spend a utility point to reduce cooldown and use it to purge movement impairing effects. Or, I can just choose to do none of those things and take blitz off of my bar. With this new system, I will have to sacrifice Reflect and Enure if I want blitz, and I MUST take the utility that comes with blitz because it's rolled into the ability. In fact, rather than being able to choose between 8 different options at 3 different tiers of utilities, now we have a series of forced choices with fewer options at each choice. All of these changes give the player LESS choice and LESS customization. This. Is. Idiotic.

These changes lower the skill ceiling in the game tremendously, which is going to adversely affect the player experience. Currently, I can use saber throw on a distant add that no one has any significant threat on to keep that add focused on me for a few seconds while I fight something else, then jump to that add or taunt it to keep it focused on me once the saber throw threat starts to fail. Now I won't be able to do that, I'll have even less options for controlling the battlefield if I play guardian tank. If I play PvP I had better have my leap cooled down because otherwise I won't be able to blitz to a capping player, use freezing force speed boost to get to them faster, or saber throw them to interrupt a cap. Again, I have less choices at my disposal. Currently, the game rewards me with reflect damage/avoided damage when I use reflect at the right time, invulnerability to hard-hitting attacks when I blitz at the right time, and staying alive when I use Enure at the right time. I had to learn how to do these things properly and it has been very rewarding, and doing these things properly is a lot of fun. These changes strip all of that away and the devs claim this increases my choice? In what universe does reducing the options I have at my disposal and restricting my ability to customize them result in greater choice, greater customization, and an all-around better experience? If you think your class has way too many useless abilities then you are not playing your class to its fullest. If it bothers you, switch to a class with fewer abilities, or just take the ones you don't use off of your bar. This. Is. Idiotic.

The game, especially Dxun, is still buggy as hell, and now there's going to be a completely unnecessary forced gear reset with the introduction of new tiers of gear and probably new set bonuses... I hate to say it but it sounds like 7.0 will be a disaster. What is even the point of increasing the level cap to 80 just to end up weaker and with fewer abilities than what we had at 75? I cannot fathom these decisions. We need (1) more/better content, (2) bug fixes/quality of life improvements, (3) maybe some new set bonuses or customization options like new races, cosmetics, combat styles, etc. Instead we're getting (1) a (probably) rushed & buggy op, (2) major balance changes for PvP and PvE that were unnecessary to begin with and likely have very limited testing (no way they balance ops in time for release), and (3) mindless busy work in the form of grinding up new gear. #3 is absolutely the most unimaginative way to keep people playing a game. I love SWTOR and I love the devs but their priorities and logic are wildly out of touch with reality. I can't wait to be constantly changing loadouts before every fight because I can only have 1 DCD at a time, that's really going to improve the player experience... Rather than a convenient system that encourages/facilitates players trying out new specs/respeccing, loadouts is going to be a terrible and constant necessity just due to how stripped down things have become. This. Is. Idiotic.

Why in the world did the devs think that rushing PTS to the point where core skills like stun break and interrupt weren't available initially? What did they think players were going to say? Obviously they'd focus on that heavily. Did they think players would be able to provide any meaningful feedback on how their guardian lite idea felt with so many unrelated gaps in their bars? If they're this rushed with PTS, God only knows how rushed 7.0 is.

Combining abilities isn't going to cut it. Opting into an aoe + slow on blade storm is NOT comparable to freezing force. The aoe on blade storm (PTS) is hot garbage, it has no range and no width to it. You're lucky to hit anything with it besides the primary target. Furthermore, linking a slow to a key rotational ability like blade blitz means that, unless I can maintain near 100% uptime on the debuff, it's not the same as freezing force because I can no longer slow exactly when I need to without having to hold off use of such an important ability for the right moment. ALSO, if I want to, I can spec into the utility to use freezing force as a speed boost in fights that require lots of movement; if I don't need the speed boost then I don't take that utility. Guess I won't be able to do that now either. This reduces players' options & control over their classes.

WHY??? Who was asking for these changes? Seriously. This feels like change for the sake of making changes and busy work for the sake of having something to do. These changes run completely counter to the devs' stated intentions.

Again, for the love of SWTOR, listen to the player base and ditch these changes. They won't go well. You've already got a really good thing going, there's no reason to waste precious resources on mucking it all up when you could be working on content, bug fixes, and quality of life improvements instead. My guardian on PTS feels like a fat, slow, still-leveling toon. God help me if an add is 8 meters away--I can't blade blitz or freezing force to him, I can't saber throw while I close the gap, and he's too close to leap to. I just have to slowly trod along until I close the gap like a useless idiot. That's pretty much the exact opposite of what Jedi should feel like. I'm going to play all the SWTOR I can now because there won't be anything worth sticking around for if this is what 7.0 is going to be.

Finally, while we're all telling you what a disaster this has been, please change the PTS so we can just buy the 306 mods/enhancements/armorings etc. we want rather than having to grind at the vendor for them. Honestly, how hard could that be? And the mount speed.... what the hell?

Edited by TheAdoringFan

Please, for the love of SWTOR, listen to the player base and ditch these changes. They won't go well.

These changes do not increase player choice or customization, nor does it encourage the use of a broader range of abilities. Currently, I can use blade blitz to cheese things like doom, or to give myself invulnerability for a second, or to quickly reposition, or just for extra DR. If I plan on using it a lot, I can spend a utility point to reduce cooldown and use it to purge movement impairing effects. Or, I can just choose to do none of those things and take blitz off of my bar. With this new system, I will have to sacrifice Reflect and Enure if I want blitz, and I MUST take the utility that comes with blitz because it's rolled into the ability. In fact, rather than being able to choose between 8 different options at 3 different tiers of utilities, now we have a series of forced choices with fewer options at each choice. All of these changes give the player LESS choice and LESS customization. This. Is. Idiotic.

These changes lower the skill ceiling in the game tremendously, which is going to adversely affect the player experience. Currently, I can use saber throw on a distant add that no one has any significant threat on to keep that add focused on me for a few seconds while I fight something else, then jump to that add or taunt it to keep it focused on me once the saber throw threat starts to fail. Now I won't be able to do that, I'll have even less options for controlling the battlefield if I play guardian tank. If I play PvP I had better have my leap cooled down because otherwise I won't be able to blitz to a capping player, use freezing force speed boost to get to them faster, or saber throw them to interrupt a cap. Again, I have less choices at my disposal. Currently, the game rewards me with reflect damage/avoided damage when I use reflect at the right time, invulnerability to hard-hitting attacks when I blitz at the right time, and staying alive when I use Enure at the right time. I had to learn how to do these things properly and it has been very rewarding, and doing these things properly is a lot of fun. These changes strip all of that away and the devs claim this increases my choice? In what universe does reducing the options I have at my disposal and restricting my ability to customize them result in greater choice, greater customization, and an all-around better experience? If you think your class has way too many useless abilities then you are not playing your class to its fullest. If it bothers you, switch to a class with fewer abilities, or just take the ones you don't use off of your bar. This. Is. Idiotic.

The game, especially Dxun, is still buggy as hell, and now there's going to be a completely unnecessary forced gear reset with the introduction of new tiers of gear and probably new set bonuses... I hate to say it but it sounds like 7.0 will be a disaster. What is even the point of increasing the level cap to 80 just to end up weaker and with fewer abilities than what we had at 75? I cannot fathom these decisions. We need (1) more/better content, (2) bug fixes/quality of life improvements, (3) maybe some new set bonuses or customization options like new races, cosmetics, combat styles, etc. Instead we're getting (1) a (probably) rushed & buggy op, (2) major balance changes for PvP and PvE that were unnecessary to begin with and likely have very limited testing (no way they balance ops in time for release), and (3) mindless busy work in the form of grinding up new gear. #3 is absolutely the most unimaginative way to keep people playing a game. I love SWTOR and I love the devs but their priorities and logic are wildly out of touch with reality. I can't wait to be constantly changing loadouts before every fight because I can only have 1 DCD at a time, that's really going to improve the player experience... Rather than a convenient system that encourages/facilitates players trying out new specs/respeccing, loadouts is going to be a terrible and constant necessity just due to how stripped down things have become. This. Is. Idiotic.

Why in the world did the devs think that rushing PTS to the point where core skills like stun break and interrupt weren't available initially? What did they think players were going to say? Obviously they'd focus on that heavily. Did they think players would be able to provide any meaningful feedback on how their guardian lite idea felt with so many unrelated gaps in their bars? If they're this rushed with PTS, God only knows how rushed 7.0 is.

Combining abilities isn't going to cut it. Opting into an aoe + slow on blade storm is NOT comparable to freezing force. The aoe on blade storm (PTS) is hot garbage, it has no range and no width to it. You're lucky to hit anything with it besides the primary target. Furthermore, linking a slow to a key rotational ability like blade blitz means that, unless I can maintain near 100% uptime on the debuff, it's not the same as freezing force because I can no longer slow exactly when I need to without having to hold off use of such an important ability for the right moment. ALSO, if I want to, I can spec into the utility to use freezing force as a speed boost in fights that require lots of movement; if I don't need the speed boost then I don't take that utility. Guess I won't be able to do that now either. This reduces players' options & control over their classes.

WHY??? Who was asking for these changes? Seriously. This feels like change for the sake of making changes and busy work for the sake of having something to do. These changes run completely counter to the devs' stated intentions.

Again, for the love of SWTOR, listen to the player base and ditch these changes. They won't go well. You've already got a really good thing going, there's no reason to waste precious resources on mucking it all up when you could be working on content, bug fixes, and quality of life improvements instead. My guardian on PTS feels like a fat, slow, still-leveling toon. God help me if an add is 8 meters away--I can't blade blitz or freezing force to him, I can't saber throw while I close the gap, and he's too close to leap to. I just have to slowly trod along until I close the gap like a useless idiot. That's pretty much the exact opposite of what Jedi should feel like. I'm going to play all the SWTOR I can now because there won't be anything worth sticking around for if this is what 7.0 is going to be.

Finally, while we're all telling you what a disaster this has been, please change the PTS so we can just buy the 306 mods/enhancements/armorings etc. we want rather than having to grind at the vendor for them. Honestly, how hard could that be? And the mount speed.... what the hell?

Ditto

Update on Guardian feedback: Defense A.

Feels significantly better with stun and interrupt back.

Defensive ability probably ok at least to Veteran mode content.

Kinda miss having saber throw though, it's a nice way to say hello to a stray mob without burning up a taunt.