Jedi Guardian on the PTS!

JackieKo

• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Pick between dual saber throw, cloak of pain or predation.

My main is crying right now.

I'd guess it'd be more like, pick between mad dash, undying rage and force camouflage.

My reasoning being that mad dash fits the same slot for the jugg, undying rage gets the same couple second duration boost as saber reflect (though at 3x the cooldown) and force camouflage has a utility that allows it to cleanse - the same as enure.

Hopefully as more classes come out we get a better idea of how the game as a whole will look and maybe even get to test out some of the supposed NPC fight rebalancing. All I want in my life is another reason to run Hammer Station 30 times on the PTS (not even joking, give us Hammer Station with rebalanced NPCs!!!).

When the PTS does re open will we also ew potential cartell market items? such as decors, armours mounts and weapons? :)

Now that we are asking the important questions, will the pvp area lamp post ever come back? Can we expect it in the next pts patch maybe?

Edited by TevosisHot

I'd guess it'd be more like, pick between mad dash, undying rage and force camouflage.

Firstly, wow I was right!

Secondly, I tried out the Guardian again and it's nice to see that every path has focused defence and dispatch base. That's a good step back in the right direction (even if it was a bug/oversight causing them to be missing). It was also nice to see that one of the things I thought was a bug (combat focus causing a force sweep effect) is now noted as an actual passive and there are TO DOs for the things that aren't currently working.

I'd still like to see Saber Throw come back as a base ability and if tanks can no longer gain all the abilities needed to mitigate tank busting damage (big boss attacks that one shot or near one shot), those types of boss attacks should be completely removed from the game.

Just a though but... I wonder if they are reducing the amount of abilities to make this more console friendly? Just a thought not that I am a fan of this

Hi Jackie

I’m sure we would all love BioWare to confirm or deny the rumour that ability pruning is for consoles.

It would certainly help us better understand if that’s the reason.

Then we could offer some solutions or abilities to be combined or culled that would have little affect on game play.

IE, Guardian : Cyclonic Slash is an ability that’s still here and completely useless.

Are you able to confirm or deny the pruning is for console?

Edited by TrixxieTriss

• 1 month later...

just as an FYI.....

the Jedi Guardian class quest "The arm that holds the saber" - talk to Master Muheeda on Tython...isn't working...

can't target him to start conversation to finish that specific quest....

figured you wanted to know about any and all bugs....

Hi Jackie

I’m sure we would all love BioWare to confirm or deny the rumour that ability pruning is for consoles.

It would certainly help us better understand if that’s the reason.

Then we could offer some solutions or abilities to be combined or culled that would have little affect on game play.

IE, Guardian : Cyclonic Slash is an ability that’s still here and completely useless.

Are you able to confirm or deny the pruning is for console?

Cyclone Slash is absolutely not completely useless. It's part of the AoE rotation of both Focus and Defense (and for the latter it applies AoE trauma). I'd rather not be limited to two AoE abilities both with a 12 and 15 second cooldown respectively, seems like a good way to never be able to hold AoE aggro for an extended duration again.

If you're not using the slam tactical, it's also used for the max AoE rotation in Vigilance with which you can put out some still very solid AoE damage, while also still being able to do max single target damage when you need to.

Cyclone Slash is absolutely not completely useless. It's part of the AoE rotation of both Focus and Defense (and for the latter it applies AoE trauma). I'd rather not be limited to two AoE abilities both with a 12 and 15 second cooldown respectively, seems like a good way to never be able to hold AoE aggro for an extended duration again.

If you're not using the slam tactical, it's also used for the max AoE rotation in Vigilance with which you can put out some still very solid AoE damage, while also still being able to do max single target damage when you need to.

How can you defend the hypothetical removal of filler aoe spam but say yea the removal of intercede/aoe taunt on dps juggs is A-OK. The cleansing of 40% of a juggs dcds is A-OK.

How can you defend the hypothetical removal of filler aoe spam but say yea the removal of intercede/aoe taunt on dps juggs is A-OK. The cleansing of 40% of a juggs dcds is A-OK.

Who says I think these changes are A-OK? I think removing Guardian Leap and AoE taunt from DPS Guardians is very lame. Saber Reflect being optional is also a change I very much disapprove of. I can live with Blade Blitz and Enure being options to choose from, if we're going to be cutting down on defensives across all classes.

Still neither of these are removing rotational abilities, which removing Cyclone Slash would be. Besides it's not that hypothetical anymore, Cyclone Slash has been relegated to a level 20 option on current PTS build. Which is ridiculous, we're supposed to spec into our AoE spammable, otherwise have fun with just Force Sweep and Guardian Slash.

Edited by AdjeYo

Who says I think these changes are A-OK? I think removing Guardian Leap and AoE taunt from DPS Guardians is very lame. Saber Reflect being optional is also a change I very much disapprove of. I can live with Blade Blitz and Enure being options to choose from, if we're going to be cutting down on defensives across all classes.

Still neither of these are removing rotational abilities, which removing Cyclone Slash would be. Besides it's not that hypothetical anymore, Cyclone Slash has been relegated to a level 20 option on current PTS build. Which is ridiculous, we're supposed to spec into our AoE spammable, otherwise have fun with just Force Sweep and Guardian Slash.

Am I missing something or has the cooldown timer buff on Saber Reflect been flat out removed rather than rolled into the skill, as well? That feels very much like another stealth nerf.

Am I missing something or has the cooldown timer buff on Saber Reflect been flat out removed rather than rolled into the skill, as well? That feels very much like another stealth nerf.

For me the 5 second duration very much looks like it's rolled into the skill on the PTS.