How to access the Jedi Knight on PTS

JackieKo

I tested it again. I followed what it said in post #1 of the the thread and created a new character. You can't just use the Galaxy Map without first doing what I suggested with KOTFE. It says "You do not have a ship."

Then I must have gotten lucky.

OK I figured out the gear upgrade process, kind of a kludge but it works:

Open Chapters and launch the first chapter of KOTFE. Confirm you want to do this. This gives you a ship.

Go to Odessen. Turn around and behind you there is a slot machine.

Right click on the slot machine and you will get 10 million credits and 1000 tech fragments each time. Do this 11 times and you'll have tech fragments.

Now you can buy mod items (hilts, armorings, mods, enhancements, etc.) from the SoW vendor on Fleet. Slot them as you go and your item level will go up, and thus so will the item level of each piece you get. Rinse and repeat until you get to 306. If you need more tech fragments go back to Odessen and hit the slot machine some more.

It's a super kludgey way to do it, but at least you can get gear.

Why we wouldn't just get full 306 gear from the vendors on fleet is beyond me. Seems like it would be trivial to change some numbers around in the vendor data and make the process simple so we can get down to testing without coming up with kludges.

HOWEVER MORE IMPORTANTLY: we're still missing Force Kick and Resolute. I tried deleting/recreating my character, picking both loadouts, etc. No joy and I don't see how anyone is testing tanking without these abilities.

Yes, there are some missing. On my post I actually wrote what my viglience guardian had and then the ones I got from Vilgence Loadout A and made a list of the ones missing and then some of the new ones

I’m wondering if the ability pruning is to help with desync or so each combat class has the same amount of load abilities to prevent the UI breaking or causing bugs when people switch load outs or combat styles

It would help if we understood their reason for pruning abilities. Then people testing could provide better feed back in the right context. So far I think the lack of reasoning is causing most of the anguish players are having.

My personal concern is they are trying to fix perfomance and are targeting the wrong sort of abilities. For instance if the reason is to reduce desync and improve perfomance, then why prune DCD/interrupt abilities instead of abilities that cause the desync, like speed/mobility abilities or mez/stun abilities.

If it’s for another reason like all classes having the same number of abilities, then there will be some concern from players like snipers, etc, who have a lot more abilities than say and Assassin who has the least amount of abilities (Probably not the best example as ones tech and ones force)

At the moment I feel we are in the dark too much to understand their changes. So I’m reserving my judgment till we get some more info or another iteration of the PTS.

But I would really appreciate it if Bioware could provide more info and answer some of the questions I’ve posed because I think it would help with the sort of feed back we give when testing. Knowing what their goal is with the changes will affect how people provide that feed back.

• 2 weeks later...