Streamlining ability set.Who asked for this?These are not changes you are looking for

omaan

I'm not the dev bro, why asking me?)

My response was rhetorical.

Your quote:

Right now it feels like the biggest issue is that the devs and players have different perceptions of what can be called "streamlined" gameplay.

My response is that "my perception" is that the game doesn't need to be streamlined at all.

My response is that "my perception" is that the game doesn't need to be streamlined at all.

Okay, let me put it this way. "Streamlining" is happening, right? No matter if you want that or not that is what the devs are trying to achieve and we can clearly see that this is something they are communicating to us. Denying that reality may be comfy, but not very much productive if you ask me) *well if discussing a videogame update can be productive lol

So, what we can do, is to try to define what kind of streamlining is acceptable and makes sense to us as players. By definition, streamlining is not just making something more simple, but also something that allows doing more with less.

A good example of this may be having some attack ability that works differently depending on the situation. Let's take Assassin's Thrash, Maul, Assassinate and Spike and combine those 4 into 1 or 2 abilities: if you are standing in front of the target out of stealth it is going to activate Thrash variation, if you are activating it from stealth this is going to be Spike, if you are behind the target this is going to be Maul, and if the target is less then 30% it is going to be Assassinate. Of course, those abilities are replaced and work a bit differently for different disciplines, but I'm sure there could be some workaround.

Some technical/mechanical upgrades can make it possible to combine even more abilities and make a more versatile, responsive combat: look at the current instant/casting/channeling abilities, for instance, Shock/Lightning Strike/Force Lightning. You need those 3 abilities separated only because this is how current combat mechanics work, but if our ability activation input was click-and-hold sensitive you coud have all those 3 combined in 1 ability: if our Shock hotkey is "F", then Force Lightning would be "hold F", and Lightning Strike will be "hold Shift + F", where Shift key would be responsible for "ability charge, hold and release to deal more damage" kind of thing. Channel and casting time would be restricted mostly by the player's input and "stamina" resources available. This can be also applied to defensive cooldowns: wouldn't it be better to use your Force Barrier/Saber Ward/Evasion/Energy Shield as long as you want and make those consume your class resource instead of lasting for predetermined time and then going on minutes of CD? The amount of DCD's can be streamlined to one major class-specific "all defense but can't attack" player responsive ability and a few minor ones.

I know, my imagination probably went a bit too far here :rolleyes:

Edited by Voroschuk

If they just remove some defensives and stuns I´m fine with it. (Ability bloat is a thing in this game.)

It will be really good in PvP and if they are going to adjust PVE a little bit, it should be fine.

Imagine playing PvP and not be stunned all the time or not dying because your def CDs are up again?

I (and most of my raidgroup) are looking forward to these changes.

If they just remove some defensives and stuns I´m fine with it. (Ability bloat is a thing in this game.)

It will be really good in PvP and if they are going to adjust PVE a little bit, it should be fine.

Imagine playing PvP and not be stunned all the time or not dying because your def CDs are up again?

I (and most of my raidgroup) are looking forward to these changes.

They aren't "just removing some defensives and stuns". Guardians are losing mobility, utility and attacks. Endgame raiding is going to take one of the bigger hits on this.

They aren't "just removing some defensives and stuns". Guardians are losing mobility, utility and attacks. Endgame raiding is going to take one of the bigger hits on this.

Getting the feeling some people are really not getting how this affects the entire game and the amount of work Bioware has ahead of themselves if they intend to release this in one chunk or the potential for it to be a monumental *****torm with more than likely no way to go to what it was before either.

There's years of content designed with certain player toolsets in mind each with different difficulty modes mechanics and possible group compositions, they expect to balance test and implement that in less than 6 months? They even said themselves they don't even have all specs loadouts even thought out.