Player stole my boss on a heroic making me have to abandon and restart, how?

Finrok

I was on a heroic where you farm so many troops then you kill a boss, I spent a few minutes farming and summoned the boss and about 5 seconds into the fight this player jumps in starts attacking, gets credit for the kill and I can't complete my quest. So you can summon a boss, tag the boss, start damaging it then random players can just jump in an steal a kill from you and grief you that way making you have to redo an entire heroic? Really???? Edited by Finrok

I was on a heroic where you farm so many troops then you kill a boss, I spent a few minutes farming and summoned the boss and about 5 seconds into the fight this player jumps in starts attacking, gets credit for the kill and I can't complete my quest. So you can summon a boss, tag the boss, start damaging it then random players can just jump in an steal a kill from you and grief you that way making you have to redo an entire heroic? Really????

was it on DK, saving faces (the slave one) Yip, it spawns two mobs, and if someone hits the boss, or tags it before you, they actually get it. Been like this for a while, probably since the start, luckily it doens't happen very often, and it's usually a mistake. You might have been unlucky, and had a griefer there at the time thought. Has been brought up before, but like most old bugs, they just get ignored.

Edited by DarkTergon

There's also one like that on Yavin missions, where you have to fight the droids that spawn in waves. I don't remember the name of the mission, but yeah, I've seen it happen and it's been done to me once. I resolved it by swapping instance and completing it there. But yeah, it shouldn't be possible, because there will always be jerks in game who enjoy doing stuff like that.

So you can summon a boss, tag the boss, start damaging it then random players can just jump in an steal a kill from you and grief you that way making you have to redo an entire heroic? Really????

They will only get credit if they tag the boss first.

I had this happen to me when I was leveling a toon through SoR, it was the daily where you click the thing inside circle and it summons droids. And you get credit on the last robot that spawns soon as it spawn he just jumps in kills it almost immediatly. I was like in my 50's and he was 75 so I had no chance. Super rude, I said something to him and he played stupid figures. Really the first poop eater I encountered since I returned to the game.

1. It's more computer resources, but the cut-off before new map instances are created needs to be lower, spreading opportunity around (if you see 100+ people on your map before you begin a round of heroics, see if your luck is any better if you flip maps).

2. Something that would require more programming resources than computer resources would be to put all heroic mobs behind their own instance walls.

Edited by xordevoreaux

Happened to me so many times, I do the work then somebody else jumps in in the end and walks off with the prize. All the best parts of a Super Multi Player game. But long ago I found a way to prevent that completely. I solo this game. No Clowns, No roving Mobs, Nobody that wants to skip steps, ignore the story parts, walk out cause of whatever halfway through, or start arguing. Just a good time start to finish.

Happened to me so many times, I do the work then somebody else jumps in in the end and walks off with the prize. All the best parts of a Super Multi Player game. But long ago I found a way to prevent that completely. I solo this game. No Clowns, No roving Mobs, Nobody that wants to skip steps, ignore the story parts, walk out cause of whatever halfway through, or start arguing. Just a good time start to finish.

I find that when I do Heroics in groups it takes much longer than when I solo them. I guess the extra credits do come at a cost ;)

1. It's more computer resources, but the cut-off before new map instances are created needs to be lower, spreading opportunity around (if you see 100+ people on your map before you begin a round of heroics, see if your luck is any better if you flip maps).

2. Something that would require more programming resources than computer resources would be to put all heroic mobs behind their own instance walls.

I also think the 179-180 player limit per instance is too high in some maps because the engine can’t deal with it.

It would be better to reduce the over all number to 120 players to a max per instance and put the trigger to start a new map instance at 90 people in the instance

Unfortunately there are too many open area heroics to make them all instances. But there are plenty that could be adjusted to instance relatively easily, ie, the one in the sith temple on Drommund Kaas could be made into an instance.

Edited by TrixxieTriss

I also think the 179-180 player limit per instance is too high in some maps because the engine can’t deal with it.

It would be better to reduce the over all number to 120 players to a max per instance and put the trigger to start a new map instance at 90 people in the instance

Unfortunately there are too many open area heroics to make them all instances. But there are plenty that could be adjusted to instance relatively easily, ie, the one in the sith temple on Drommund Kaas could be made into an instance.

Yes they definitely need to bring down the amount of people on instances on the starter planets, as when you go to later planets new instances pop at lower amounts. The mission in the Sith Temple isn't too bad anymore, as the guy pops back in about 30 seconds now. A couple of times I've been caught standing there organizing armour and stuff, and got dragged back in to the fight....lol

The main thing I don't like about Saving Faces and the terminal clicky is that as you summon the boss and the mobs before it, someone else can come along and click the button to summon the stuff for them. Fighting essentially double the mobs in the same space.

As someone mentioned, there is a terminal "in the back" that is usually left alone. I tend to do this one there.

By the way, on pub side, there's one on...Alderaan I think, where you have to click on a downed probe droid and three waves of mobs spawn. The boss pops up and isn't tied to you...can be stolen by anyone wandering around because the Heroic goal is to kill the boss, not any of the mobs before it.

The main thing I don't like about Saving Faces and the terminal clicky is that as you summon the boss and the mobs before it, someone else can come along and click the button to summon the stuff for them. Fighting essentially double the mobs in the same space.

As someone mentioned, there is a terminal "in the back" that is usually left alone. I tend to do this one there.

By the way, on pub side, there's one on...Alderaan I think, where you have to click on a downed probe droid and three waves of mobs spawn. The boss pops up and isn't tied to you...can be stolen by anyone wandering around because the Heroic goal is to kill the boss, not any of the mobs before it.

There's 3, one in the back, and one to the left, I usually go to the left one.

The alderaan one is a pain too. Had someone pop in beside the boss and attack it before I could reach it. In fairness it wasn't their fault, they just popped in and the enemy was beside and just reacted. . They do need to fix these quests so that whoever starts they gets the credit, to stop accidents, or griefing

I've run into boss stealing a few times. My main is a lvl and gear capped sniper so it's not easy to grab the boss from me, but it happens on occasion. More often I'm running into an issue on Yavin when I do the quest where you look up at the tent with the binoculars. I use the binoculars and then someone clicks the next objective and summons the bosses before I can. Super irritating.

The other issue I've run into a few times (that I never used to see) is having lower level characters pull a boss and then drag it over to me to try to get me to fight it for them. It happened the last time the rakghoul event was going on, and more than once doing Saving Face. With Saving Face I always kill the boss and then scamper away so I don't accidentally get pulled into another fight. The players pull the boss in and then run to where I am. I don't mind helping lower level players if I see them struggling, but the times I've seen this they've blatantly just pulled the boss and then came straight to me without even trying to kill him themselves.

Luckily, there are only few places where that works since you can usually run right through mobs if they've already been aggro'd, but that boss will pull you into the fight.

There's 3, one in the back, and one to the left, I usually go to the left one.

The alderaan one is a pain too. Had someone pop in beside the boss and attack it before I could reach it. In fairness it wasn't their fault, they just popped in and the enemy was beside and just reacted. . They do need to fix these quests so that whoever starts they gets the credit, to stop accidents, or griefing

Yea, had that happen to me once. I had just finished the area and moved back a bit and had to go afk. When I came back it was attacking me and I thought it was weird and started attacking it and saw someone there. Lucky I was a high enough level that I moved out of the way to let the person get it and the droid turned its attention on the person. The person thank me and I said I was sorry for attacking it first. I learned never to go afk that close to that area again p.

I've run into boss stealing a few times. My main is a lvl and gear capped sniper so it's not easy to grab the boss from me, but it happens on occasion. More often I'm running into an issue on Yavin when I do the quest where you look up at the tent with the binoculars. I use the binoculars and then someone clicks the next objective and summons the bosses before I can. Super irritating.

The other issue I've run into a few times (that I never used to see) is having lower level characters pull a boss and then drag it over to me to try to get me to fight it for them. It happened the last time the rakghoul event was going on, and more than once doing Saving Face. With Saving Face I always kill the boss and then scamper away so I don't accidentally get pulled into another fight. The players pull the boss in and then run to where I am. I don't mind helping lower level players if I see them struggling, but the times I've seen this they've blatantly just pulled the boss and then came straight to me without even trying to kill him themselves.

Luckily, there are only few places where that works since you can usually run right through mobs if they've already been aggro'd, but that boss will pull you into the fight.

if anyone does that on me, I just /stuck, and laugh as they die...lol, or if on a stealth, just stealth out (although lately it doesn't always work, my comps still seem to be visible, and the mobs still attack them, even though we're in stealth)

if anyone does that on me, I just /stuck, and laugh as they die...lol, or if on a stealth, just stealth out (although lately it doesn't always work, my comps still seem to be visible, and the mobs still attack them, even though we're in stealth)

I did not know the /stuck would work. Thanks for that tip. Usually I just put my comp on passive and book it out of there. If I'm on my stealther I stealth and bolt. I don't mind helping, but I do mind being forced to do someone else's work.

I did not know the /stuck would work. Thanks for that tip. Usually I just put my comp on passive and book it out of there. If I'm on my stealther I stealth and bolt. I don't mind helping, but I do mind being forced to do someone else's work.

I should say, /stuck kills you too, but you can still laugh as they get killed.....

(they take damage to their gear, you don't)