Crafting - could you reduce number of raw materials ?

PiekielnyRysio

There is no need for having 2 collected materials for every skill.

Fort example: why simply not to convert power crystalls and artefact fragments fo power crystalls only for archeology while changing synth and artrifice from: 2 power crystalls and 2 fragments to 4 crystalls ? You could also forget about red, green, and blue crystalls and combine them in one coloured crystalls. Besides power crystalls are looking much better as decorations than artefacts.

This way we would have more space in our invectory without increasing number of cargo bays.

I am crafter and all my cargo bays are allready full up.

Hi fellow crafter!

Before I left the game a few years ago, I had the same issue. Too many mats and not enough space to store them.

When I got back to the game, I was met with the greatest gift of all... Legacy mat inventory. If you look at your inventory panel, at the top there is a big gem icon. Click that and all of the mats get stored away. Now the mats are easily accessible on all of your toons and its limitless so no need to worry about making room for more.

Regarding the crafting mats required to make items. I agree they need to reduce the amount needed. However not the actual materials needed but the quantity. Some of it is just absurd. At the very least they need to make it more consistent.

Best of luck to you!

I think the real issue was when they moved to bonded attachments. There's really no reason for them, they take up extra space (although that is moot now. TY Bioware for that) and really make it more labor-intesive now that I have to effectively double-craft everything (the attachment then the item itself).

I think the real issue was when they moved to bonded attachments. There's really no reason for them, they take up extra space (although that is moot now. TY Bioware for that) and really make it more labor-intesive now that I have to effectively double-craft everything (the attachment then the item itself).

Agreed. And also the end game schematics require you to craft several bonded items to make other bonded items before you can make that schematic. And they are not consistent across the board which makes it even harder on us crafters. I fear they gave up on figuring out how to manage crafting so they hired some guy high on drugs and said... HAVE FUN! closed the door and locked it. lol

I never really understood the reasoning behind it, seemed to make everything more time consumning, and complicated.

This way we would have more space in our invectory without increasing number of cargo bays.

I am crafter and all my cargo bays are allready full up.

There is legacy-wide dedicated materials storage now, so this point is null and void.

To access it, open your inventory and click the gem icon at top left. You can then clear out all those crafting materials from your inventory and bays simply by right-clicking them.

I never really understood the reasoning behind it, seemed to make everything more time consumning, and complicated.

Which answers the question as that is EXACTLY why they were added - to pad in time.

Which is why they expanded it with the addition of blue and purple assemblies - to pad in even more time.

I hate making a ton of premium attachments to make a ton of prototype attachments to finally make a ton of artifact attachments. Who thought that up? Fire this guy. There are plenty of different mats for that to not be a thing.

Fire them?

Hahahaha!

Bioware gave them a promotion given how successful the change has been in making crafting even more time consuming than before, wasting ever more player time on nothing.

It is much cheaper to pad in time through this kind of crap than to invest in new content or making changes to make crafting more engaging overall.

Edited by DawnAskham

The problem is the amount of mats needed are not balanced from the top to the bottom of crafting. Neither is the time to craft across professions and different Lvls. Also reverse engineering crit isn’t balanced evenly either and neither is the Crit on gathering missions. Edited by TrixxieTriss

I'm all for this. there are 11 ranks now for materials and I think that a crafting overhaul may be in order also for other reasons.

It was a crafting overhaul that put us in deep ****. it needs to be done again, but would it be better or worse......

The problem is the amount of mats needed are not balanced from the top to the bottom of crafting. Neither is the time to craft across professions and different Lvls. Also reverse engineering crit isn’t balanced evenly either and neither is the Crit on gathering missions.

Definitely needs to be balanced. I don't know who these supposed SWTOR influencers are but do they even play the game anymore, or do the devs just ignore them? There are people on the forums with some great ideas, pity the devs couldn't listen to them :(

Definitely needs to be balanced. I don't know who these supposed SWTOR influencers are but do they even play the game anymore, or do the devs just ignore them? There are people on the forums with some great ideas, pity the devs couldn't listen to them :(

It’s funny you mention them not listening to the influencers or players because I’ve always seen it as this games biggest weakness.

And recently I watch this comedy called Mythic Quest on AppleTV. It’s about a gaming company, think of TV shows like the Office.

In the show there are lots of personalities that represent different departments. Here’s a clip if you don’t have AppleTV

Its funny because this could easily reflect the development of this game and why it’s been all over the joint and why it seems they don’t listen to players because they don’t listen to others in their own office. LoL

Edited by TrixxieTriss

It’s funny you mention them not listening to the influencers or players because I’ve always seen it as this games biggest weakness.

And recently I watch this comedy called Mythic Quest on AppleTV. It’s about a gaming company, think of TV shows like the Office.

In the show there are lots of personalities that represent different departments. Here’s a clip if you don’t have AppleTV

Its funny because this could easily reflect the development of this game and why it’s been all over the joint and why it seems they don’t listen to players because they don’t listen to others in their own office. LoL

I'm not a big fan of the office, I never could get in to it. Looked at the video from your earlier link, and will definitely give it a shot though.

I'm not a big fan of the office, I never could get in to it. Looked at the video from your earlier link, and will definitely give it a shot though.

Me either. Even though I liked some of the Office actors in other things. When I watched Mythic Quest, it wasn’t too much like the office, which is why I probably liked it. I used the Office as a reference so people might understand the type of format. I also think it helped that it’s about a gaming company and made it relatable to this game because of how disjointed they seem to be (like Bioware)

This change is when I started to hate crafting. Having to craft an item to craft another item? That was the dumbest thing ever and just made crafting annoying.

Time consuming, mat farming, and credit burning are exactly what Bioware have in mind when they "improve" systems to "support" new expansions. For crafting we've had Iokath Recombinator, Masterwork Data Crystals, and now in Onslaught they "just" ramped it up even more, perhaps unsatisfied with previous attempts. Outside of crafting, the 5.8 conquest "revamp" was the reason I un-sub'ed two years.

This change is when I started to hate crafting. Having to craft an item to craft another item? That was the dumbest thing ever and just made crafting annoying.

it has its place, but not for this many items. and probably not this kind of crafting system either.

I agree too. It would be acceptable if you only needed one crafted item instead of a stack of them.

If I’ve said it once I’ve said it a hundred times, but end game crafting is horrible right now.

Legendary Embers should be rare harvest rewards again, and positively affected by the Resourceful amplifier

Base material costs need to be cut in half for each tier of attachment

Nested attachment requirements to make the next tier need to be cut in half

RE chance on final tiers needs to be doubled at least

Exotic material costs for sub-306 mods and especially fixed stat gear needs to be greatly reduced.

There is literally no point in crafting lower end stuff or even non left side 306 fixed stuff considering the Spoilers of War loot system.

Time consuming, mat farming, and credit burning are exactly what Bioware have in mind when they "improve" systems to "support" new expansions. For crafting we've had Iokath Recombinator, Masterwork Data Crystals, and now in Onslaught they "just" ramped it up even more, perhaps unsatisfied with previous attempts. Outside of crafting, the 5.8 conquest "revamp" was the reason I un-sub'ed two years.

Exactly! As soon as they revamped 5.8 Conquest and Crafting went live, I immediately unsubbed and couldnt even stand to log in. The issue is they tried to curb the conquest winners on crafting week by not only revamping conquest but also nerfing crafting. They went extreme when it just wasnt needed. Now the whole crafting system is a joke. Its erratic and inconsistent.

The bonded attachments needed to make more bonded attachments to make more bonded attachments just to make 1 end game level item is ridiculous. Also needing 12 of each plus additional hard to find mats on top of that has forced a ton of us hardcore crafters into just not wasting the time or credits. Its just not worth it anymore.

I don't mind having relatively high quantities of exotics required for Tacticals or Set Boni. The set boni come pre-filled with mods, so in my mind its a fair tradeoff. I also think its reasonable to require relatively high quantities of exotics for the 306 level of stuff, especially item modifications and left side (although I don't know if the various levels of R-#'s are craftable or not ... if they aren't, that should factor into the resource requirements since the unlettered versions are often not BiS).

My problem is the requirements for lower tier stuff, which must be reverse engineered with an abysmally low chance, only to then require large quantities both of basic materials (in the form of nested assembly components) and the exotics again. There is no point in progressing through that pathway, consuming tons of time and resources, when I can loot something just as good from the Tunneler first boss on Veteran Mode Hammer Station. Sellers need to charge exorbitant amounts for their end-product, just to recoup some of the costs, but there is no demand for the product because I can loot something as good or buy something as good with tech fragments. Resource requirements make it impossible for crafters to sell to a mid-level market ... players between 270 and 306 who might be a little short on TFs and want to supplement a slot to boost their iRating. Its just not worth it.

So, the only things worthwhile selling are consumables, as always, and augments. Obviously color crystals and dye modules are still worthwhile, but those are not new. Crafting used to be a way for players to supplement their gear before hitting end game. 5.x before Ossus was the best scenario in terms of having a market for crafters to make useful things.

So its not useful, at this stage of the game, to re-design the craftable stuff in terms of stat distribution. That's why the priority needs to be on reducing material requirements and increasing RE chance as I noted above in my previous post, to give crafters something to make that people can afford to buy and won't break their bank in costs.

I dislike the bonded attachments because they're too specific. Cybertech, Armstech, and Armormech all use the same mats mostly but can you just make metal/compound attachments that can be used for all three? No, you have to make specifically cybertech, armstech, and armormech attachments. It completely removes any flexibility you may have had in your materials. Same thing with Artifice and Synthweaving. It irks me.

I dislike the bonded attachments because they're too specific. Cybertech, Armstech, and Armormech all use the same mats mostly but can you just make metal/compound attachments that can be used for all three? No, you have to make specifically cybertech, armstech, and armormech attachments. It completely removes any flexibility you may have had in your materials. Same thing with Artifice and Synthweaving. It irks me.

I think that was the idea. To make crafting more onerous and gathering mats be used up faster. The idea was to slow the process down to a massive time grind because they aren’t releasing new playable content.

The whole game is now designed as one big time grind because of it. You just have to look at the gear grind, crafting grind and anything else you might want now takes the place of actual playable content because they don’t have the resource to make it anymore.