So crafting bug not 100% fixed.

TrixxieTriss

I had quite a few Alts that had 700/700 before the 6.1.2 patch that ended up being 600/700 or 700/600. This was supposed to be fixed with this hot patch.

Instead, I’ve now got Alts where some are back to 700/700, but any of the others that showed 700/600 have been reduced back to 600/600.

Does that mean I have to pay 500,000 credits “again” to open them up?

And what happened to that purchase requirement being removed in 6.1.1?

The problem is I have 55+ plus Alts that had crafting / gathering at various LvLs. But none of them were stuck at 600/600 after 6.1.1. They were either over 600 or below. If they were over 600, they were either 700 or very close. Now I have a whole bunch that are 600/600 and some I know for sure I paid 500,000 to increase to 700 before 6.1.1.

But I’ve no way I can prove which ones I paid for and which ones I didn’t.

Wouldn’t it have just been simplier to put them back to the way they were before 6,1,2 was released and to remove the ridiculous credit sinks to pay 500,000 to open it up above 600.

Has any one else come across this?

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And what happened to that purchase requirement being removed in 6.1.1?

That was the bug.

This is what I think happened: the purchase requirement removal was an accident. We were supposed to pay 500K for 700 skill but they accidentally unlocked 700 skill for free for everyone. This patch they tried to reverse their mistake and force all those who levelled to 700 but HAD NOT PAID the 500K to unlock that skill level to pay it by reverting them back down to 600/600. Unfortunately, their fix was inadequate and they applied it to include players who had already paid for the unlock and levelled to 700 (both before and after the bug). It is understandable that a free skill pass was not intended, however, they should have allowed all those who had LEVELLED the skill to 700 revert back to 700/600 and not have to re-level the skill (especially the mission only skill which have to be paid for). It seems they didn't have a way to do this.

A better fix would be to admit their error & put all those who'd reached 700/700 back to that as their attempts at fixing things generally don't work. Characters created from the patch onwards would need to pay to unlock the skill.

Edited by Sarova

That was the bug.

This is what I think happened: the purchase requirement removal was an accident. We were supposed to pay 500K for 700 skill but they accidentally unlocked 700 skill for free for everyone. This patch they tried to reverse their mistake and force all those who levelled to 700 but HAD NOT PAID the 500K to unlock that skill level to pay it by reverting them back down to 600/600. Unfortunately, their fix was inadequate and they applied it to include players who had already paid for the unlock and levelled to 700 (both before and after the bug). It is understandable that a free skill pass was not intended, however, they should have allowed all those who had LEVELLED the skill to 700 revert back to 700/600 and not have to re-level the skill (especially the mission only skill which have to be paid for). It seems they didn't have a way to do this.

A better fix would be to admit their error & put all those who'd reached 700/700 back to that as their attempts at fixing things generally don't work. Characters created from the patch onwards would need to pay to unlock the skill.

I thought it was a bug too.

I only PAID to unlock it on 6 toons I think. Any that got higher than that during the double XP "month" (when I noticed the bug) I figured would be fixed - reduced back to 600/600 - eventually.

I haven't checked the ones I specifically bought yet.

---just checked my biochem / cybertech....both are still 700/700/700 as they're supposed to be.

---even my gatherer is still arch/scav/bio 700/700/700

Edited by Darev

Unfortunately, I think they need to just let those who leveled to 700 to keep it and if their intention is to require the 500K credit cost allow it back moving forward. For those that bypassed the credits, they still had to use mats to make the grind from 600 to 700 and to require them to go through that all again as a result of their error will just cause grief.

Unfortunately, I think they need to just let those who leveled to 700 to keep it and if their intention is to require the 500K credit cost allow it back moving forward. For those that bypassed the credits, they still had to use mats to make the grind from 600 to 700 and to require them to go through that all again as a result of their error will just cause grief.

Totally agree.

Just remove the 500K skill to purchase altogether. I don't even see its point in the first place (yeah I know someone will answer credit sink).

Not only crafting is utter crap now, but you have to pay 1.5M per character for it. Seriously...

Edited by demotivator

I’m not sure what to do. I’m not going to spend another 1.5 million credits (each) on 25+ alts and what about those I’d gotten the Augmentation schematics and others for Biochem after reverse engineering or buying from Kye vendor. Which have now disappeared.

I can’t prove which ones I had and which I did not have. It makes me want to unsubscribe because this is extremely unfair.

Edited by TrixxieTriss

Of course it isn't fixed - when have they ever fixed something like this without screwing it up even more?

The whole problem is they tried to re-implement the 500K cost to skill up above 600, and screwed up every character that had progressed above during the months that crew skills have been unlocked all the way to 700.

They NEVER should have touched crew skill caps after allowing players to move forward for months. All they should have done is remove the 'Onslaught training' skill from the trainers to avoid confusing players and leave ALL crew skills for ALL players unlocked to 700.

Oh and NOT ONE of my characters who progressed above 600 prior to the patch that broke everything was fixed with whatever the changes in the bug fix patch.

Every single character (and I log most of my characters on reset day) that lost progress and / or had crew skills locked to 600 is still affected.

NOT A SINGLE CHARACTER HAD CREW SKILL LEVEL RESTORED TO 700, NOR DID ANY CHARACTER HAVE MAXIMUM CREW SKILL LEVEL RESTORED TO 700.

Edited by DawnAskham

Reading this makes me appreciate the fact that even though I toyed with the idea of crafting... (just before the "big" XP release) .. in the end I decided against it.

WOW !

I'm glad I made that choice !

What a royal pain in the

:eek:

Reading this makes me appreciate the fact that even though I toyed with the idea of crafting... (just before the "big" XP release) .. in the end I decided against it.

WOW !

I'm glad I made that choice !

What a royal pain in the

:eek:

I'm not really a crafter, I just use the skills these days to get mats for CQ crafters, and any mats left that are worth it, I sell, or give to guilds for new crafters to help build themselves up. So although it is a pain for me, I can imagine, the banging headache it must be giving crafters.

I'm not really a crafter, I just use the skills these days to get mats for CQ crafters, and any mats left that are worth it, I sell, or give to guilds for new crafters to help build themselves up. So although it is a pain for me, I can imagine, the banging headache it must be giving crafters.

Headache wasn't what I was thinking of at the time ... but we'll go with it !!

;)

Yes, the crew skill fix in patch 6.1.2a was only a partial fix. From the patch notes:

Anyone who first experienced this issue prior to 0100 UTC on June, 25th will now find their rank restored to its pre-reset value.

If your character encountered the bug after the cut-off point then their skills were not fixed. The window from when 6.1.2 broke it to the 0100 UTC cut-off on 25 June was very small. There likely are still many people needing their skills fixed, which will happen with the next, as yet unannounced, patch.

Just remove the 500K skill to purchase altogether. I don't even see its point in the first place (yeah I know someone will answer credit sink).

Not only crafting is utter crap now, but you have to pay 1.5M per character for it. Seriously...

Yeah, it's like work. They want you to work for less, less benefits, less everything, but they want more from you. I guess this is the direction the world is heading. :mad:

If your character encountered the bug after the cut-off point then their skills were not fixed. The window from when 6.1.2 broke it to the 0100 UTC cut-off on 25 June was very small. There likely are still many people needing their skills fixed, which will happen with the next, as yet unannounced, patch.

I'll believe it when it actually happens.

Edited by Lord_Malganus

Yeah, it's like work. They want you to work for less, less benefits, less everything, but they want more from you. I guess this is the direction the world is heading. :mad:

IMO … the general progression is somewhat like this:

*** Appreciation: reward for a job well done ..

*** Expectation: … no longer see the "appreciation" that was once noticed … now what is done is more of an expectation.

*** Demand: now the job has moved from any sort of appreciation .. or what was an expectation (perhaps even a requirement) … has now become a "demand" .. ( do it or face the consequences).

So much of our world has followed this progression until it's unreal.

IMO … the general progression is somewhat like this:

*** Appreciation: reward for a job well done ..

*** Expectation: … no longer see the "appreciation" that was once noticed … now what is done is more of an expectation.

*** Demand: now the job has moved from any sort of appreciation .. or what was an expectation (perhaps even a requirement) … has now become a "demand" .. ( do it or face the consequences).

So much of our world has followed this progression until it's unreal.

Yea. I have decided I am going back to the 80's and not returning. I'm tired of the hate, the arguing, the tearing down of everyone that is different than you. While it wasn't perfect, we (at least where I grew up) respected one another.

Edited by casirabit

I deffo paid 1.5m to go from 600 to 700 on all three, and have now found they reduced my biochem to 600 from 700. I reported and was passed off by Anmol to log it as a bug so it can be 'fixed' again. Heartwarming to know I am just another figure on a JIRA. Good job I am not a sub or a founder. Oh wait, I am. Edited by CloudKills

I deffo paid 1.5m to go from 600 to 700 on all three, and have now found they reduced my biochem to 600 from 700. I reported and was passed off by Anmol to log it as a bug so it can be 'fixed' again. Heartwarming to know I am just another figure on a JIRA. Good job I am not a sub or a founder. Oh wait, I am.

Yup, that's the Bio way....

Yea. I have decided I am going back to the 80's and not returning. I'm tired of the hate, the arguing, the tearing down of everyone that is different than you. While it wasn't perfect, we (at least where I grew up) respected one another.

On this my friend … we totally agree.

I was taught this since I was a child.

And ( I might add ) .. that my family tree (if you shake it hard enough) … has connections to a few points in history as well.

I guess that's why I'm so puzzled at the over all cycle of things … even in business.

Most of us would dearly love the opportunity to impact this game in a positive way. Good grief … the possibilities are endless. Yet so much is just being thrown away as though it were of no value at all.

I get finance. I get investors. I understand the necessity of a solid profit AT a reasonable rate WITHIN a reasonable amount of time. BUT for crying out loud … what in the name of common sense is happening these days?

** instant gratification

** instant profit (a lots of it)

** instant BiS

** instant relief

** instant success

** instant selfishness ( yeah … I know … but it'll come to some of you reading this too )

Sorry .. old man starting to rattle like an old empty wagon again. And yes .. I've driven one of those too.. (Grand parents place on my mom's side of the family. I think I was about 9 … maybe??)

Relate this to crafting ???

Simple: Take a look at the "instant" list and see what looks familiar. Don't blame it on the crafters.

most likely neither of u two are the main target audience for bioware so they just don't care, gotta focus on the groups that bring the most money, most gamers today play and want vastly different things from games than what ppl long ago wanted Edited by RikuvonDrake