Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Advanced class change confirmed in 7.0?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > New Player Help
Advanced class change confirmed in 7.0?

LordMalekai's Avatar


LordMalekai
08.05.2021 , 11:41 AM | #1
So after 10 years I can finally change my sith assassin into a sorcerer?
Squadron 11-11-11

SteveTheCynic's Avatar


SteveTheCynic
08.05.2021 , 01:53 PM | #2
Quote: Originally Posted by LordMalekai View Post
So after 10 years I can finally change my sith assassin into a sorcerer?
Not exactly. It's almost that, but not quite.

What will happen is that your Assassin will become a Sith Inquisitor for story purposes, but can use the combat abilities etc. of any Sith class, and if your alignment score indicates Light, you'll be able to play using Jedi abilities instead.

However, you'll have to pick, at any given moment, *one* class to play as. And they are "Combat Styles" rather than classes. It's a somewhat thin distinction, but in essence, SWTOR will be ridding itself of *classes* as such, and replacing them with somewhat Secret World Legends-like system of things that are freely changeable and function almost like classes, but aren't, as such, classes.
Something you find difficult is a lesson on how to play better, not a punishment for playing badly.
To go to Belsavis, you must go to Belsavis.
Latest patch notes at http://www.swtor.com/patchnotes

LordMalekai's Avatar


LordMalekai
08.05.2021 , 02:30 PM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by SteveTheCynic View Post
Not exactly. It's almost that, but not quite.

What will happen is that your Assassin will become a Sith Inquisitor for story purposes, but can use the combat abilities etc. of any Sith class, and if your alignment score indicates Light, you'll be able to play using Jedi abilities instead.

However, you'll have to pick, at any given moment, *one* class to play as. And they are "Combat Styles" rather than classes. It's a somewhat thin distinction, but in essence, SWTOR will be ridding itself of *classes* as such, and replacing them with somewhat Secret World Legends-like system of things that are freely changeable and function almost like classes, but aren't, as such, classes.
Well the base class of both a sorc and assassin are inquisitor, so story wise it wouldn't change in this situation lol
Squadron 11-11-11

AdjeYo's Avatar


AdjeYo
08.06.2021 , 05:59 AM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by SteveTheCynic View Post
Not exactly. It's almost that, but not quite.

What will happen is that your Assassin will become a Sith Inquisitor for story purposes, but can use the combat abilities etc. of any Sith class, and if your alignment score indicates Light, you'll be able to play using Jedi abilities instead.

However, you'll have to pick, at any given moment, *one* class to play as. And they are "Combat Styles" rather than classes. It's a somewhat thin distinction, but in essence, SWTOR will be ridding itself of *classes* as such, and replacing them with somewhat Secret World Legends-like system of things that are freely changeable and function almost like classes, but aren't, as such, classes.
Well there will still be some classes. Two per faction to be exact. As force users can only play force using combat styles and tech based characters can only use tech combat styles.

SteveTheCynic's Avatar


SteveTheCynic
08.06.2021 , 07:42 AM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by LordMalekai View Post
Well the base class of both a sorc and assassin are inquisitor, so story wise it wouldn't change in this situation lol
Correct, but note that if your (now) Assassin that will become "Inquisitor playing as Assassin" when 7.0 drops, changes to play as a Juggernaut, the character will still be an Inquisitor playing the Inquisitor story;
Something you find difficult is a lesson on how to play better, not a punishment for playing badly.
To go to Belsavis, you must go to Belsavis.
Latest patch notes at http://www.swtor.com/patchnotes