Security key on android is a hot mess

Razdek

come on guys... its time to fix your security key on android. It is the most buggy thing that I have had to deal with in SWTOR. I can barely access my game because your one time security key takes ages to arrive in an inbox instead of being instantanious like every other company can litterally do.... And the only reason I have to use a one time key to access the game is because your security key does not work!

come on guys... its time to fix your security key on android. It is the most buggy thing that I have had to deal with in SWTOR. I can barely access my game because your one time security key takes ages to arrive in an inbox instead of being instantanious like every other company can litterally do.... And the only reason I have to use a one time key to access the game is because your security key does not work!

Perhaps you should describe what happens rather than ranting about how bad it is.

A couple of points:

* Do you keep the date and time on your android device meticulously correct?

* If not, do you regularly use the menu in the app to synchronise it with the servers?

Perhaps you should describe what happens rather than ranting about how bad it is.

That is an excellent point. I have the security key app on an android phone, so sharing the problem would be useful to many. So far mine is working without issue.

If you have a security key app should just show a number that you type in. I am confused about this code to an inbox thing, that sounds like a one time code that you should only get if you don't have a security key. Maybe your SWTOR Key app isn't properly paired to your account?

Also you don't have to use the official SWTOR Security Key app, any Two Factor key generation app should work. Google and Microsoft both have free apps for that Google Authenticator and Microsoft Authenticator, and I am sure there are many other apps as well.

That is an excellent point. I have the security key app on an android phone, so sharing the problem would be useful to many. So far mine is working without issue.

Yeah, mine has been working fine on LG v40 and now on LG Velvet since my physical key's battery died a couple years ago.

If you have a security key app should just show a number that you type in. I am confused about this code to an inbox thing, that sounds like a one time code that you should only get if you don't have a security key. Maybe your SWTOR Key app isn't properly paired to your account?

Also you don't have to use the official SWTOR Security Key app, any Two Factor key generation app should work. Google and Microsoft both have free apps for that Google Authenticator and Microsoft Authenticator, and I am sure there are many other apps as well.

Yeah, I think they are using the one-time key, due to the Android problems.

As others have stated, more details would help.